Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hillary, , , , , again, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/27/2015 04:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2015 04:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The Clintons' Colombian connection: a secret investment fund
By Post Editorial Board November 27, 2015 | 1:24am

Even as Hillary Clinton is upping her anti-Wall Street rhetoric, here comes word that the Clinton Foundation is running a private-equity company down in Colombia.

The private-equity field is where Mitt Romney earned his fortune - and hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of negative ads from the Obama campaign back in 2008.

The foundation's Bogota-based firm, Fondo Acceso, was started in 2010 by Bill Clinton, Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim and mining magnate Frank Giustra, with seed funding of $20 million from the foundation's Clinton-Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative and the SLIM Foundation, the Washington Free Beacon reports.

Anything to hide here? Well, Fondo Acceso took down its Web site once the Beacon broke the story. And the venture wasn't even registered as a private-equity fund in Colombia, thereby skirting government oversight. A good move for an investment firm linked to the US secretary of state.

Ken Boehm, a watchdog with the National Legal and Policy Center, notes, "At the minimum, the Clinton Foundation should disclose every company that received investment funds from them, because the public is entitled to know whether those companies benefited from any State Department foreign-aid programs."

Not to mention the ethical murk of having two charities co-own an investment fund in a developing nation.

Especially when one of those charities is the family nonprofit of a presidential candidate who has raised tens of millions from the financial sector she's promising to reform.

Does Hillary Clinton have a nonhypocritical bone in her body?

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 11/27/2015 11:04 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Halliburton - when Cheney was boss - hid their profits from deals with Iran in Cayman banks and you didn't seem to care.

Why all the uproar now?

I was right.
 11/27/2015 03:11 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Halibuton and Cheney are not running for President....   IF you are worried about Haliburton and Cheney having unclaimed offshore accounts why aren't you screaming about Hillarys unclaimed funds???

11/28/2015 01:36 PM

Cole

Hillary is fine.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/...n-foundation-money-go/

I was right.
 11/30/2015 07:25 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Hillary Clinton’s million little lies

To hear Hillary Clinton tell it, she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary, the conqueror of Mount Everest — even though she was already 6 years old when he made his famous ascent.

On a visit to war-torn Bosnia in 1996, she claimed she and her entourage landed under sniper fire and had to run “with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base” — although videos of her arrival show her waltzing serenely across the tarmac, waving to the crowd.

She blamed the 2012 attack on American diplomatic and intelligence-gathering installations in Benghazi on “a disgusting video” when she knew almost from the first moment that it was a jihadist assault that took the lives of four Americans, including the ambassador to Libya.

No wonder the late William Safire, writing in The New York Times in 1996, at the height of the Whitewater investigation, called her a “congenital liar.” Said Safire: “She is in the longtime habit of lying; and she has never been called to account for lying herself or in suborning lying in her aides and friends.”

Photo: Reuters

Baron Munchausen has nothing on Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Now comes the recycling this month of another Clinton tall tale: that shortly before her 1975 marriage to Bill Clinton, she decided in a fit of patriotic fervor and dedication to “public service” to stroll into a recruiter’s office in Arkansas and join the Marine Corps.

It’s an anecdote she trots out to charm military audiences, whether it’s a group on Capitol Hill in 1994, or, most recently, to veterans in Derry, NH.

“He looks at me and goes, ‘Um, how old are you,’ ” Clinton recalled at the New Hampshire event on Nov. 10. “I said, ‘Well, I’m 26. I will be 27.’ And he goes, ‘Well, that is kind of old for us.’ And then he says to me, and this is what gets me, ‘Maybe the dogs will take you,’ meaning the Army,” she added.

Yeah, right. Never mind that the term is “dogface,” used to refer to the Army infantry. And never mind as well that, given the tenor of the times, the Marines or any other service would have taken young Ms. Rodham in a heartbeat, especially given their need for lawyers.

Like so many carefully parsed Clintonian statements, Hillary’s Leatherneck fantasy is either unverifiable or dependent upon how it’s phrased. When confronted with the obvious discrepancy in her “Edmund Hillary” story, she characteristically shifted the blame to her mother, Dorothy, saying the fable was something her mother told her.

Photo: Reuters

But let’s assume for a moment that, unlike Clinton’s other whoppers, this story is actually, in some sense, true.

What are the odds that, in the immediate aftermath of Vietnam, the anti-war Wellesley graduate, who’d written her college senior thesis on “community organizer” Saul Alinsky, had a snazzy Yale Law degree, and who was already envisioning a career in state and national politics alongside Bill (then a candidate for Arkansas attorney general), would do such a thing — and actually mean it?

I’m betting zero.

A far more likely explanation is that Hillary entered the Marine recruiting office — if she did — not out of any desire to “serve her country,” but as an agent provocateur, determined to show that the Marines were a bunch of bigoted sexist, ageist pigs in order to fuel her sense of outrage.

This explanation is given credence by one of Hillary’s Fayetteville, Ark., friends at the time, Ann Henry, who said that Hillary was interested in probing the way the military treated women candidates. “I can remember discussing it, but I cannot give you the details of when and what was said,” Henry told a reporter. “Hillary would go and do things just to test it out, and I can totally see her doing that just to see what the reaction was.”

Given the mood of the time, and the vituperative nastiness of the left regarding all things military, it would have been just like the self-aggrandizing Hillary Rodham to try and manufacture a controversy where there was none, to make herself look good.

Photo: Getty Images

And now she allegedly recasts the story as a legitimate desire to join the military, to show her dedication to public service. Is the story true? And if it is true, were her motives as described?

What difference does it make!

The late Christopher Hitchens titled his memoir of the Whitewater/Monica Lewinsky circus “No One Left to Lie To,” but even someone as perceptive as Hitch couldn’t foresee that the Clintons, like cockroaches and the Kardashians, would always be with us, forever playing the same shell game on the American people and laughing as we fall for it.

That would be the same Clintons (combined current net worth: $101 million) who were “dead broke” when they left the White House.

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 11/30/2015 11:33 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

What do you get when you cross a crooked politician with a crooked lawyer?

You get a Chelsea!........ayy ooo!!!

11/30/2015 11:50 AM

Cole

I truly respect Right Wing propaganda.

KKKranky's post is a prime example. The article itself is a smattering of bullshit, half-truth and random, out-of-context facts, but then they add in official stock photos and make sure they are labeled from legit sources like Reuters and the Associated Press.

A+ work guys, A+

I was right.
 11/30/2015 12:48 PM

crankit

OK coleslaw--refute them!

11/30/2015 01:08 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Originally posted by: crankit OK coleslaw--refute them!

Lazy ass.  You do no work and expect others to debate with something you found?  You do not belong here.

Wiki wiki

11/30/2015 01:12 PM

Cole

From the article: "What difference does it make!"

Exactly.

I was right.
 11/30/2015 01:42 PM

crankit

Hey Fuzzball-

11/30/2015 01:56 PM

Wookie

Hey, you suck at the internets.  Get out of here.  Go somewhere you belong, like a John Birch meeting.

Wiki wiki

11/30/2015 01:58 PM

crankit

Aren't you suppose to be in study hall?

11/30/2015 02:09 PM

Wookie

I've got something for you to study.  

You don't belong here.  Go back to the shallow end of the pool.

Wiki wiki

12/02/2015 06:58 AM

crankit

I'll bring the magnifying glass!

12/02/2015 07:15 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: Wookie Hey, you suck at the internets.  Get out of here.  Go somewhere you belong, like a John Birch meeting.

that's kinda harsh there, furryBro. NSR without crankkkit is like a almond joy without a nut. If he was not here, who else would be on your DNB list?

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 12/02/2015 07:25 AM

Wookie

Not you Bob!  Let's see, FK and somebody.  They both post utter, utter nonsense.  I was gonna say obx, but he stops trolling every now and then.  I think anyone who clearly could not hold an intelligent conversation in person should f off.

Note how long it took clankit to come up with a response.  I rest my case.

Wiki wiki

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .