Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why are Conservatives so damn scared all the time??
Topic Summary: pls enlighten me..
Created On: 11/17/2015 07:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/17/2015 07:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

villageidiot

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

Many of them pack guns "just in case". If it aint the Mexicans, its the "blacKs," the Russians, the Chinese, and of course , the Ayrabs. They're comin to steal your culture, your benefits, your money or blow you up.. They never fail to remind us we live in a "dangerous" world. Fox News-scaring white people for fun and profit.. Environmental, Anthropological and Psychoanalytic interpretations are all welcome[
 11/17/2015 07:58 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

11/17/2015 08:17 PM

villageidiot

if the shoe fits....
 11/17/2015 08:31 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The righty-rights have a steady diet of the milk of fear from the teat of their favorite news outlets.

Ever listen to who the sponsors are for the AM talking heads?  Holy crap, they are a sad bunch.  They got over priced MREs, over priced gold "cuz that is the only thing that has real value in a crisis, doncha know" (hey how is that 1900 bones/t oz and only going higher thing working right now?), commercials promising to get people out of IRS debt (I thought all good righty-rights paid their taxes), ID theft, home security systems, etc., etc.  FK'ing pathetic.   Listened to Rush go on a xenophobic hate rant for about 30 minutes then cut to a commercial about how Christians love their enemy and should treat everybody, no matter their background, with love and compassion.  Then after that they cut back into Rush's hate again.  Crazy.   

Take a look at 3-4 different news sites and then look at Fox "news" and the fear-laced spin they put on most stories.

BTW - I have a hard time calling the current righty-rights and and most of the GOP'ers conservative (there are a few).  They are not conservative, and certainly not the same type of conservatives I grew up with and respected.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/17/2015 08:55 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Many of them don't seem to view their irrational fears as a shortcoming to work on.  Instead they look for external justification for them.

I don't get it.  We are all supposed to be learning and improving our whole lives.

Wiki wiki

11/17/2015 09:06 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I'm not sure if they are full of fear or just hate.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/17/2015 09:25 PM

Wookie

Much fear they have.  Fear leads to anger.  Anger leads to hate.

I knew Yoda from the clone wars.

Wiki wiki

11/17/2015 09:58 PM

villageidiot

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true...Bodhi
 11/18/2015 05:18 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Instilling fear is a time tested control mechanism. It has been working remarkably well for thousands of years for "rulers" and organized religion.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/18/2015 06:48 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true...Bodhi

Especially true when taking off on big, top-to-bottom waves and there is a wind in your face.
 11/18/2015 07:48 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

There is no enlightening you. You are a dyed in the wool idiot. You will just have to learn to live with it.

I :heart; Q
 11/18/2015 07:51 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Listening to your  fear is a time tested survival mechanism. It has been working remarkably well for hundreds of thousand of years and made us the controlling species on the planet...>>

Now that we are civilized we do not let our weak and mentally challenged people die of their stupidity, we as a species protect them from their own lack of survival skills.>>

After 2000 years of keeping people alive who would previously have died of stupidity 47% of the population lacks the necessary survival mechanisms that kept our ancestors alive.>>

Their lack of a survival mechanism does not mean that those of us with that survival mechanism should not act on it, we people with that survival mechanism have been carrying those without survival skills for so long that it has become part of our societal norm and is considered morally right to keep them from reaping what they sow.>>

It is ironic that those without the survival skills are the very ones who want to tear down the very society that is keeping them alive. It is an interesting gene correction mechanism that those without the survival gene are also the ones that innately want to destroy the society that is keeping them alive.. SO, the destructive gene is causing those that have it to try to destroy the very mechanism that is keeping them alive...>>

Evolution is an elegant part of nature that we should embrace rather than fight...>>

11/18/2015 08:03 AM

kirby

Joined Forum: 11/10/2007

climate change -  oil, coal

the evil "religious right" - (look around seems like they are really in control)

GMOs monsanto

plastics

the repub want to take away your health care, etc

"they want to put you back in chains"

old white guys(so scary)

cops

corporations

have you seen the cover of a mother jones mag lately!?  scare tactics 101

somehow I dont think the mind control propaganda machine is on just the right...but hey I live in a measurable real world...so I maybe the left leaners on here dont have the tools to measure the reality/see that everything they bring up has an equal and opposite force on the other side?

11/18/2015 08:11 AM

Wookie

Rational fears vs. irrational.  Yes, a bear charging is rational.

The left has irrational fears too.

Wiki wiki

11/18/2015 08:11 AM

kirby

see this is the part where

wg would come on and say..."he is right, there is climate change but no need for the scare tactics"

scom would say - "its true both sides use that lame tactic to the extreme"

bob would say - "5-5 class dismissed...move on to new thread" and Village 0-5

then we would have a just and balanced forum...all would be right again...a little kid would hear a bell ring(I would earn my wings)  my job here would be done and I could flutter off forever leaving a better forum in my wake...."so long guys....see you on the other side"

in a perfect world that is

11/18/2015 08:13 AM

kirby

measurable reality says they are all irrational....

bob 4-5?   3?  maybe.....

11/20/2015 06:34 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Opinion piece from NY-times

The Farce Awakens
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11...ts-a-pattern.html?_r=0
 11/20/2015 07:35 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Eloquent.  From the piece CFL Dave sites:

The context also explains why Beltway insiders were so foolish when they imagined that the Paris attacks would deflate Donald Trump’s candidacy, that Republican voters would turn to establishment candidates who are serious about national security.

Who, exactly, are these serious candidates? And why would the establishment, which has spent years encouraging the base to indulge its fears and reject nuance, now expect that base to understand the difference between tough talk and actual effectiveness?

Sure enough, polling since the Paris attack suggests that Mr. Trump has actually gained ground.

The point is that at this point panic is what the right is all about, and the Republican nomination will go to whoever can most effectively channel that panic. Will the same hold true in the general election? Stay tuned.

11/20/2015 07:40 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Eloquent.  From the piece CFL Dave sites:

The context also explains why Beltway insiders were so foolish when they imagined that the Paris attacks would deflate Donald Trump’s candidacy, that Republican voters would turn to establishment candidates who are serious about national security.

Who, exactly, are these serious candidates? And why would the establishment, which has spent years encouraging the base to indulge its fears and reject nuance, now expect that base to understand the difference between tough talk and actual effectiveness?

Sure enough, polling since the Paris attack suggests that Mr. Trump has actually gained ground.

The point is that at this point panic is what the right is all about, and the Republican nomination will go to whoever can most effectively channel that panic. Will the same hold true in the general election? Stay tuned.

Only a libtard can repackage the logic behind not wanting to accept Syrian Refugees until we have established a better system of vetting them out, because we know that people who openly admit to wanting to kill us are using them as a means for invasion into "Panic".

11/20/2015 07:59 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Libtards in the minority--again-

A new Bloomberg poll, taken after the attacks in Paris, shows a sharp spike in Americans' concerns about terrorism in general and the Islamic State in particular.

Twenty-one percent say the Islamic State is the most important issue facing the country right now, with an additional 14 percent saying terrorism is the most important issue — for a total of 35 percent. By way of comparison, 11 percent say unemployment and jobs, 14 percent say a decline in real income and three percent say taxes — for a total of 28 percent who say economic topics are the most important issue facing the country. For a long time, polls have consistently shown jobs and the economy as the voters' top concern. So the balance between the two topics — economic issues and terrorism/national security — has changed, at least for the moment.

Perhaps more importantly for the Obama administration, the poll says just 28 percent agree with the president's policy on Syrian refugees. Bloomberg gave respondents three choices. Should the U.S. "proceed with the plan to resettle 10,000 refugees without religious screening," or "resettle only Christian refugees from Syria" or "not accept any Syrian refugees into the U.S.?"

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .