Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How does China's economy affect us?
Topic Summary: It's a little late, but anyways...
Created On: 10/04/2015 06:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2015 06:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

So I'm a little late on this topic and don't spend much time following economic trends, but was wondering for those that do how are we affected by this?

My initial thought was great, if China's currency is worth less than ours then we pay less, but then what is their incentive to export to us? So then I hear, from someone else that US economy is going to crap and we are going to be hitting inflation too. Someone else says invest all your money in local real estate and I'm going, "huh, how does that work?"

So anyways, I was hoping I could get some deep insight into what's going on in China and how this affects us and the world markets? Finally, what exactly would rapid inflation do to us?

In my little world, all I know is gas is down to $2/gal and I finally have enough saved to take a trip, but that's probably not a good judge of the economy. LOL.

Edited: 10/04/2015 at 03:28 PM by Sector9surf
 10/07/2015 05:14 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

their restaurants are open on holidays. what more could you need to know?

-------------------------
Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/07/2015 05:24 AM

Sector9surf

They do make the best General Tso.

10/07/2015 05:31 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Indeed. I think this topic is done. What's your next dilemmna?

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/07/2015 07:51 PM

Sector9surf

Either I was too late or posting on the wrong forum. I guess there's nothing to worry about as long as the cost of Chinese food stays down. Another great economic measure, right!

10/08/2015 09:36 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

funny you should ask, just back from a conference and there was talk of China other than food. ( however, when in NYC I do recommend TAO )

Basically the Chinese economy is where Taiwan and South Korea were in the early to mid 1980s.

China is the 2nd largest capital market in the world. Its one of the only economies where there is still growth. As soon as the Renminbi is converatable more of the Chinese market will open. The Chinese will soon have their own version of a 401K. This will encourage individual investment and saving.

For now I would only invest in Hong Kong. The regulatory and compliance environment here is much stronger than in Shanghai. This will change also.

AS for US.....rapid inflation? That is the last concern I have for US...continued deflation is more likely.

Local real estate? Brevard County? Prone to huge boom and bust cycles. No one can time it. In general its higher in the cycle now than it was in 07 and 08. So now would not be buying the dip.

I would never invest in Residential Real Estate. My house is my home not my 401k.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/08/2015 09:42 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Sector9surf

They do make the best General Tso.

That's actually from Taiwan, according to: .
http://www.thesearchforgeneraltso.com/

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .