Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: New speaker admits the truth about "Bengazi"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/01/2015 09:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/01/2015 09:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Perhaps Kevin McCarthy is clumsy enough to be a Speaker Democrats can really get behind.

After McCarthy's candid admission that the House Benghazi committee only exists to beat up Hillary Clinton, House Oversight Committee chair Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) is rebuking McCarthy for saying something so totally outrageous as what everybody knows to be obviously true. But let's go a little further in stating the painfully obvious. The "Benghazi" story, issue, whatever you want to call it, has always been about and solely about exploiting the death of four Americans for partisan political gain.

Always.

From day one.

Full stop.

The only difference or evolution is that the stories have changed and so have the specific targets - first Obama and later Hillary. Remember, back on that dark night in 2012, Mitt Romney rocketed out of the gate trying to wrench the event into a replay of the Iranian hostage crisis to save his faltering campaign. Mitt's own effort to gain from the deaths was short-circuited because he jumped out with a press release - itself containing a demonstrable falsehood - before it was clear that a US Ambassador had died, a fact that led to widespread criticism of his reckless effort to exploit the tragedy. Indeed, he first jump out before it was clear the real story was in Benghazi rather than Cairo. The Romney camp actually authorized a top campaign foreign policy advisor to give an interview attacking the President for the Benghazi attacks while the attacks were still underway.

The simple truth was that first Romney and then other Republicans not only didn't wait for the attack to end to start looking for ways to exploit the events and eventually the deaths for political purposes with various conspiracy theories. They started trying to politicize it and generate conspiracy theories before it was even clear, in the most basic and immediate sense, what had happened.

The exploitation and conspiracy derp predated having any idea what happened because that was what it was about: working a political angle. What actually happened, good or bad, was a secondary detail - facts of whatever sort which could be used or arranged in such a way to advance the core goal: exploiting the deaths for political gain.

We know this. Thanks you, Kevin McCarthy for stating the obvious.

McCarthy for Speaker."

Josh Marshall

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/01/2015 09:37 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Isn't it the most expensive congressional investigation in history?

What a waste of the taxpayer money. Welfare mothers have nothing on the republican congress.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/01/2015 10:38 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

So what? Progs do the same thing. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you didn't want this type of thing to happen, you should not have been touting Clown Care. But, anyway, thanks.

I :heart; Q
 10/01/2015 10:57 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

The only difference or evolution is that the stories have changed and so have the specific targets - first Obama and later Hillary      I agree the story changed first it was an internet video that nobody saw, then it was guys out for a stroll that decided to just up and attack a US embassy, then Hilary said she takes full responsibility (probably a classified E-mail leak) then it evolved into what, at this point does it matter. The we find out they could have helped but somebody, nobody knows, who told the rescue team to stand down... Then there was to talk show circuit where they repeatedly stated the video caused problem and then they threw the guy that made the video into jail. It has turned out that they knew and should have known that he attack was well planned and carried out by a terrorist organization on SEPT 11th again.... The coverup of their failure to defend the US against this well planned attack by a terrorist group is what the hearings are about.    NIXON was not guilty of breaking into the watergate hotel, NIXON covered up the breakin and that was where he failed.... Obama and Clinton may have failed to defend the embassy and failed to rescue the Embassador but their guilt is in covering up their failure by blaming a video instead of blaming a terrorist organization... AND they did this coverup strictly as a political move during an election year...

10/01/2015 10:59 AM

RustyTruck

Doesn't bother me, you guys can investigate the lint in your navel for all we care. All they have done is discredit Congress and now they screwed up and admitted it's just a political witch hunt.

If Hillary gets the nod from the D's she's bringing an ass whipping with her when she gets to the WH.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/01/2015 11:18 AM

tpapablo

If Hillary gets the nod from the D's she's bringing an ass whipping with her when she gets to the WH.

No doubt about that. But I think you are misunderstanding who will receive the ass-whipping. Like under the PiC, the progs will bear the brunt of the stupidity and screw ups. We lawyers will continue to thrive. If she triples my net worth like the PiC did, I will be watching all her screw ups with amusement from my permanent place in the line up.

10/01/2015 12:28 PM

RustyTruck

If I have my way, she won't. Once Bernie is in place I plan to be political commissar of Satellite Beach, and I've got a list of names for the State Security Agency.

Of course they're all funny 2ndL names, so you might escape judgement and have to go underground. But we'll be looking for the corvette.

10/01/2015 12:33 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck If I have my way, she won't. Once Bernie is in place I plan to be political commissar of Satellite Beach, and I've got a list of names for the State Security Agency. Of course they're all funny 2ndL names, so you might escape judgement and have to go underground. But we'll be looking for the corvette.

I'll be fine. I plan on voting for Bernie myself. Time for me to enjoy free stuff provided by those working stiffs who don't pay their fair share.

10/01/2015 03:48 PM

RustyTruck

Nope, it's gulags for the lawyers. Except John Morgan. He'll be in charge of ganja and slip and fall.

10/08/2015 10:23 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Telling the truth has a cost in today's Republican party

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/08/2015 06:13 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

"Throws House into Chaos."  Wait, when did it get back to normalcy? Did I miss something?

10/08/2015 07:40 PM

follydude

LoL.

The GOP can't pick a house leader much less a candidate to represent them.

Zero leadership.

10/09/2015 04:18 AM

RustyTruck

Pandemonium and chaos. I wonder when the grownups in the R party will send these kiss to their rooms.

10/09/2015 05:19 AM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

The TP wants to throw tea, themselves and everyone else in the water to drown.

Pretty cool.

They should start a new party. Oh wait, they did. Did you know that, GOP? Break away.

Is this what (tp)apablo means?  Tea party asshole Pablo?

Wiki wiki

10/09/2015 05:36 AM

RustyTruck

They are anarchists disguised as Republicans.

10/09/2015 05:37 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Whatever McCarthy said doesn't erase the fact that the President of the United States went to bed at 10:00pm on 9/11, while he knew a terrorist attack was in progress on the U.S. embassy in Libya, so he could wake up early to get ready for a fundraiser with Jay Z and Beyonce in Vegas the next day.

As if that isn't bad enough, Obama then sends Susan Rice and Hillary Clinton out to blame this terrorist attack on a YouTube video. Over 75% of the homes in the U.S. have internet access and NOBODY knew what video he was referring to when he blamed this attack on it, yet he thought you were all stupid enough to believe that somehow enough people in Libya had seen this video and were mad enough to massacre everyone in a U.S. embassy over it and then burn it to the ground. Oh yeah, and it just happened to fall on 9/11. Total coincidence.

Why did Obama send two women out to lie for him? Because he thought people would go easy on them. Why did he lie about it being a terrorist attack at all? Because he didn't want to have to discuss the fact that a terrorist attack occurred while he was running for re-election.

Not only that but they threw the jackass who made this video in jail, where he sits today. Richard Nixon was forced to resigned from office for FAR less than what has been done here. Richard Nixon resigned for lying to the American people. We have been lied to multiple times here and those of you who look at Nixon as a crook and a liar for lying about people in his campaign breaking into a building, couldn't give a shit that your hero is lying about our ambassadors being drug through the streets behind cars and having their genitals cut off by terrorists. The fact that more has not been done so far is absolutely ridiculous and I'm surprised that those of you on the left would even bring it up at all.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/09/2015 06:04 AM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

^^^ The irony is that he can still be ironic after doing a Lone Gunmen like the above.

Wiki wiki

10/09/2015 06:29 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

With the level of common sense like fuzzball, nothing that libtards do should surprise you!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .