Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Lib Logic
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/25/2015 11:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/25/2015 11:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Liberal Lunacy: People Who Steal from Wal-Mart Should not be Arrested

By Bobby Eberle

everett_mitchellYou never know what is going to come out of the mouth of a liberal college administrator. Just when you think you've heard it all, some left-wing nut says something even stranger. The latest example comes in the form of a panel discussion in which one participant said that "police should stop prosecuting individuals who shoplift from Wal-Mart and Target."

As reported by MRCtv.org, Everett D. Mitchell, the Director of Community Relations at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, was participating in a discussion titled "Best Policing Practices" when he came up with the profound "logic" that people who steal should not be arrested.

Everett Mitchell: "I just don’t think they should be prosecuting cases for people who steal from Wal-Mart. I don’t think that. I don’t think that Target, and all them other places – the big boxes that have insurance – they should be using the people that steal from there as justification to start engaging in aggressive police behavior."

To add to the anti-police ideas being pushed at this university, professors Sara L. McKinnon and Karma R. Chavez wrote a letter to the editor in which they call on the police force to stop patrolling certain areas of the city.

We write this as a white lesbian woman and a light-skinned queer Chicana in solidarity with the Young Gifted and Black Coalition. ... We urge Koval to sincerely consider the demand for no police interaction. It is not an unreasonable request because for many of us in this city, it is already the reality. We also call on other nonblack people in Madison to think about the privilege of living without an occupying force in your neighborhood.

What is going on here? Have these people lost all touch with reality? I'm sure there are plenty of police officers who would rather not patrol certain areas, but that's what they do. They put their lives on the line so that others can be safe... and so others, like these so-called "educators" can point fingers and criticize.

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/25/2015 11:57 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I think thieves should get the death penalty. Seriously. I've never known a thief that was worth a shit. Just like druggies. Worthless pieces of shit that you can never trust.

Problem is, we prosectute the guy that steels sneakers more harshly than we do some banker that rips off millions. That should change.

08/25/2015 12:01 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

KKK, do you agree with absolutely everything that republicans do?

I was right.
 08/25/2015 12:20 PM

crankit

Those were Republicans???

08/25/2015 12:45 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

We write this as a white lesbian woman and a light-skinned queer Chicana in solidarity with the Young Gifted and Black Coalition. ... We urge Koval to sincerely consider the demand for no police interaction. It is not an unreasonable request because for many of us in this city, it is already the reality. We also call on other nonblack people in Madison to think about the privilege of living without an occupying force in your neighborhood.

Oh please, please honor her request.

I :heart; Q
 08/27/2015 04:49 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

I say let them decay into the cesspool they desire; when they ask for help show them movies how it used to be, then let them fix it. The zoo has lost its keeper
 08/27/2015 05:45 AM

johnnyboy

I think the prosecute here is being used broadly. I think all thieves should be arrested but I think the people with limited records or documented drug problems should be referred to programs that give them the choice between jail or community service and treatment. Jail costs us taxpayers a minimum of $60 a day per county inmate and jailing a thief for stealing, keeping him in for 30 days and then time serving him with $400 in court costs that immediately go to collection and never get paid is not working.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/27/2015 06:53 AM

crankit

And how much do the thieves cost the businesses?

08/27/2015 07:41 AM

johnnyboy

They cost between 3 and 5 percent. That's a lot. It's a crime but I don't think its worth a stay at big house when we have to foot a 2k bill for that month, and that's only if there's no medical bills on top of that.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/27/2015 08:37 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy They cost between 3 and 5 percent. That's a lot. It's a crime but I don't think its worth a stay at big house when we have to foot a 2k bill for that month, and that's only if there's no medical bills on top of that.

And if we let them go they will never again commit another crime, eh? The stats don't bear that out. That said, I would gladly vote for a law that would let off criminals scott free if they are resettled in prog areas. So, a thief in Florida can avoid jail time if he agrees to move permanently to California.

08/27/2015 10:40 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Steal a little - go to jail. Steal a lot - no problem.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/27/2015 10:48 AM

tpapablo

So you guys are finally seeing that the PiC, the guy that runs the justice department, is scum? In this case, however, you might need to give him a break. He needs these guys to make him fabulously rich after he steps down, like the Clintons.

08/27/2015 11:38 AM

RustyTruck

I'll give him a break, but more because he stomped you guy's dicks in the dirt twice and passed the ACA.

I'll leave to Bernie and Liz to clean up the financial crime family.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

08/28/2015 06:15 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Rich kid gets caught with pot. Daddy hires lawyer and it goes away after a little community service.

Poor kid gets caught with pot. Spends some time in jail. Bonds out. Can't afford to pay fines and court costs. Goes into collections. More penalties are heaped on. It spiral on.

I've seen a poor kid with no record lose a driver license from a reckless driving charge stemming from hitting an amish buggy.

I've seen a rich kid damn near kill somebody while out "coma cruising" and get nothing.

Penalties are just too disproportionate depending on connections and wealth. You give a poor persion a $500 fine and that might wreck them. Rich guy doesn't give a shit if he get big citations for speeding. Hell, the cops probably won't pull him anyway.

You see white guy in high end car going 90 on the interstate all the time. Every see them pulled? Nope. You see the shitbox pulled. You see the high end car with tinted windows drive by minorities pulled. On Rockledge Drive on Friday evening you can go for a jog and have to dodge drunky the desperate housewife in her Mercedes/Beamer/Porshe while she speeds, plays "what's my lane", and runs stop signs. They never get pulled. Ole Rufus comes through the neighborhood in his beat up truck on trash day looking for usefull junk or metal to scrap and he's probably going to get hasseled.

08/28/2015 06:25 AM

RustyTruck

"and have to dodge drunky the desperate housewife in her Mercedes/Beamer/Porshe while she speeds, plays "what's my lane", and runs stop signs. They never get pulled. Ole Rufus comes through the neighborhood in his beat up truck on trash day looking for usefull junk or metal to scrap and he's probably going to get hasseled."

I know it's a serious subject but you cracked me up. Drunky the Desperate Housewife vs. Rufus.

08/28/2015 07:03 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid

Rich kid gets caught with pot. Daddy hires lawyer and it goes away after a little community service.

Poor kid gets caught with pot. Spends some time in jail. Bonds out. Can't afford to pay fines and court costs. Goes into collections. More penalties are heaped on. It spiral on.

I've seen a poor kid with no record lose a driver license from a reckless driving charge stemming from hitting an amish buggy.

I've seen a rich kid damn near kill somebody while out "coma cruising" and get nothing.

Penalties are just too disproportionate depending on connections and wealth. You give a poor persion a $500 fine and that might wreck them. Rich guy doesn't give a shit if he get big citations for speeding. Hell, the cops probably won't pull him anyway.

You see white guy in high end car going 90 on the interstate all the time. Every see them pulled? Nope. You see the shitbox pulled. You see the high end car with tinted windows drive by minorities pulled. On Rockledge Drive on Friday evening you can go for a jog and have to dodge drunky the desperate housewife in her Mercedes/Beamer/Porshe while she speeds, plays "what's my lane", and runs stop signs. They never get pulled. Ole Rufus comes through the neighborhood in his beat up truck on trash day looking for usefull junk or metal to scrap and he's probably going to get hasseled.

Yep. It pays to be a positive contribution to society. And that is one of the benefits. Maybe progs will learn that one day. Doubt it though. Progs aren't into learning.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .