Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Josh Duggar
Topic Summary: Ashley Madison
Created On: 08/20/2015 05:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2015 09:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

^^^HAHAHAHAha nice.

-------------------------
 08/24/2015 12:13 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Millions of Americans listen to the Family Research Council's warped views. Personally, I think they are just the American version of the Taliban - without the balls to do and say what they truly desire.

Holier than thou Dugger was a high level member and in turn, the ultimate hypocrite.

I was right.
 08/24/2015 01:40 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Millions of Americans listen to the Family Research Council's warped views. Personally, I think they are just the American version of the Taliban - without the balls to do and say what they truly desire.

You realize that the Taliban cuts off people's heads, stones women to death, tortures people, and destroyed Buddhist temples that were centuries of years old, while this Duggar guy was just trying to get laid on the internet, right? Okay, just checking.

Until your post, I had never heard of Duggar or the Family Research Council. Must be an extremely stealthy operation. Stay vigilant.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 08/24/2015 01:56 PM

Cole

Until your post, I had never heard of Duggar or the Family Research Council. Must be an extremely stealthy operation. Stay vigilant.

Are you saying that you are proud to be uninformed?

I imagine you've never heard of ALEC either?

I was right.
 08/24/2015 02:53 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

He's the "curious in Deep South" on your Ashley Madison account.
j

Johnnyboy in the know, ,what's your handle on AM?
 08/24/2015 03:24 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Until your post, I had never heard of Duggar or the Family Research Council."

Because you are unaware of or indifferent to the damage they are doing.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/24/2015 04:14 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: WG
"Until your post, I had never heard of Duggar or the Family Research Council."

FRC is more of a political lobbying group than a faith leadership group. I don't know anyone who takes religious action based on their lead, and most Christians I know don't care about politics to the level of following FRC.

I was only aware of their existence based on interviews with and quotes from some of their leaders (Tony Perkins was the name I recognized) in other media.

From a list of "Activist Christian Groups" I looked up, there were at least 5 I recognized before FRC.

I don't watch TV, so I had to Google Duck Dynasty when the Robertsons got controversial.

I honestly thought all the time I heard "Duggar" that the Northern California girl (Jayce Dugard) who was kidnapped in 1991 was in the news. I just looked up Duggars about 2 months ago, when it was in the news that one of them molested siblings.

08/24/2015 05:53 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper
You realize that the Taliban cuts off people's heads, stones women to death, tortures people, and destroyed Buddhist temples that were centuries of years old,

Living the Old Testiment dream. American fundamentalists have wet dreams about running that type of society.

I had never heard of the Family Research Council.

Kind of irresponsible if you vote to not know about a group that pulls a lot of Republican puppet strings.

08/24/2015 06:55 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole

Millions of Americans listen to the Family Research Council's warped views. Personally, I think they are just the American version of the Taliban - without the balls to do and say what they truly desire.

You realize that the Taliban cuts off people's heads, stones women to death, tortures people, and destroyed Buddhist temples that were centuries of years old, while this Duggar guy was just trying to get laid on the internet, right? Okay, just checking.

A [horrific] journey begins with the 1st step. The folks who cheer an abortion clinic's bombing are the same to kill a doctor and do worse. Cole did say "I think ... just the" in his statement. The henchman for the mob starts with petty crime.

08/25/2015 04:42 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Are you saying that you are proud to be uninformed?

If knuckleheads like this character are the source of information, then yep....proud to be uninformed. I'm surprised you give him so much credence.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/25/2015 05:23 AM

Sniper

This is hilarious. This is not news, people. It is gossip about a reality TV guy. Nobody gives a shit. If this were Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brian or anyone else, you wouldn't give a shit but because the guy is religious, you think it matters. It doesn't make any sense to try to reason with anyone who thinks this FRC group is the equivalent of the Taliban.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

08/25/2015 05:46 AM

johnnyboy

Come on snipe. He's way more than just a reality tv guy and any attempt to minimize him or his involvement in a large, week funded, well organized lobbying group based on their alleged fidelity to their marriage, family and Christian beliefs makes his hypocrisy and scandal worthy of a discussion on hypocrisy in general and the recurring theme of how you often fins the darkest shadows behind their stained glass. I never heard of this guy until I stumbled upon his father's show, which is a tale of 21 kids and counting. The theme is that he is a man of unshakable faith, God has blessed him with over twenty kids and somehow they all make it work in a Christian type of commune. This son is the heir apparent. He basks in the reflected light of his father, or so it seemed until earlier this year when it was revealed that he molested his sister. Apparently, through a series of cover ups and incompetence, this guy escaped prosecution. He seemed to have weathered the storm and remained in a postion of wealth, influence and power within this politically astute and well organized herd of Christians until this latest revelation.

I'm not dissecting switch from the real world, I am pointing out some very real criticisms that this guy's actions reveal about the people that gave him power, influence and money. There are a lot of lessons for them and a lot of valid points for a bunch of surfers to divine from this. But that would not be the case if this guy were just some yokel ending his 15 minutes of fame from a reality show.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/25/2015 06:08 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Come on snipe. He's way more than just a reality tv guy and any attempt to minimize him or his involvement in a large, week funded, well organized lobbying group based on their alleged fidelity to their marriage, family and Christian beliefs makes his hypocrisy and scandal worthy of a discussion on hypocrisy in general and the recurring theme of how you often fins the darkest shadows behind their stained glass. I never heard of this guy until I stumbled upon his father's show, which is a tale of 21 kids and counting. The theme is that he is a man of unshakable faith, God has blessed him with over twenty kids and somehow they all make it work in a Christian type of commune. This son is the heir apparent. He basks in the reflected light of his father, or so it seemed until earlier this year when it was revealed that he molested his sister. Apparently, through a series of cover ups and incompetence, this guy escaped prosecution. He seemed to have weathered the storm and remained in a postion of wealth, influence and power within this politically astute and well organized herd of Christians until this latest revelation. I'm not dissecting switch from the real world, I am pointing out some very real criticisms that this guy's actions reveal about the people that gave him power, influence and money. There are a lot of lessons for them and a lot of valid points for a bunch of surfers to divine from this. But that would not be the case if this guy were just some yokel ending his 15 minutes of fame from a reality show.

Does Josh Duggar have 21 kids? I just read that he is 27 years old, so that would be kind of impossible. Are you mad at him or at his dad? If anyone has 20-30 kids, it is highly unlikely that you don't end up with at least one asshole. I think I knew that the family wasn't normal the second you said that they have over 20 kids. Why is anyone surprised that there is something off about these people? You guys keep an eye on this family because I still don't give a shit.

08/25/2015 06:10 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper but because the guy is religious, you think it matters.

That he is religious isn't what matters. It is his groups religio-political activity.

It doesn't make any sense to try to reason with anyone who thinks this FRC group is the equivalent of the Taliban.

It likely doesn't make any sense to try to reason with anyone that doesn't understand analogy versus equivalence.

The religious right in American may not share the Taliban's outwardly barbaric practices but the American religious right does have in common with the Taliban that it seeks theocracy. The American religious right seeks to have its religious doctrine codified in laws to be enforced by the state. That it has in common with the Taliban.

I don't know why you keep trying to pretend that FRC and similar groups don't have strong influence on the Republican party. Just read the party platform or look at what they did to text books in Texas.

08/25/2015 07:35 AM

tpapablo

This is simply a prog diversion. This country is going to hell in a handbasket, compliments of the PiC, and they are trying to obscure that by bringing up inconsequential stuff about people that most of us have never heard of. Either that or progs are incapable of discerning what is important and what is not. ISIS cutting heads off by the thousands? Not worthy of comment by the progs. Planned parenthood chopping up live babies and selling them? Progs don't care one whit. Our idiot president entering into the worst agreement in the history of mankind with Iran? No problem. but some nobody being on some website? The biggest story ever. I reiterate - progs are idiots.

I :heart; Q
 08/25/2015 07:58 AM

scombrid

Republican Party embraces religion as a tool to manipulate the electorate.

Tpab's post is an example.

08/25/2015 08:51 AM

Sniper

You guys are trying to link a 27 year old reality television guy being on a cheating website to a religious conspiracy within the Republican party to use religion to "manipulate the electorate". And failing miserably, I might add.

Cole tried to link him to the Taliban! lmfao

You guys have finally lost your damn minds! lol

08/25/2015 09:09 AM

johnnyboy

The GOP panders to the Christian Right, the Christian right votes in blocks reliably and supports the GOP as their best option. How complicated is this for you?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/25/2015 09:35 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper Does Josh Duggar have 21 kids? I just read that he is 27 years old, so that would be kind of impossible. .
not if he's Jamaican. Open your mind, snipe

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 08/25/2015 10:14 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Sniper You guys are trying to link a 27 year old reality television guy being on a cheating website to a religious conspiracy within the Republican party to use religion to "manipulate the electorate". And failing miserably, I might add. Cole tried to link him to the Taliban! lmfao You guys have finally lost your damn minds! lol

No, not "finally." These people, remember, are the ones who gleefully voted for the PiC - twice. They lost their minds a long time ago.

I :heart; Q
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Josh Duggar

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .