Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jesus Christ will Judge Everyone according to his/her deeds
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/03/2015 11:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/03/2015 11:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Jesus Christ will Judge Everyone according to his/her deeds
Isaac Livingston

The Bible says that God will Judge everyone according to how they lived their lives during their time on this Earth. Most Christians do not agree with this Biblical teaching, arguing instead that they are forgiven, in advance, of all their sins. Irrespective of what today's popular Christian culture believes, God is and will be the most righteous judge. Even the best of Christians will find themselves unable to bribe, coerce or deceive God. He will judge everyone righteously.

Christians don't devote much thought to the topic of the final judgment of God, because it is not a big deal to them. They've convinced themselves they are exempt from the judgment. Christian liberals, argue that every person goes to heaven. Christian conservatives argue that every Christian goes to heaven. So, since both groups believe they will go to heaven no matter how they live, why worry about judgment? How bad, after all, could it be, since they get into heaven either way?

Are heaven and hell real places? Jesus Christ repeatedly taught us about heaven and hell - in fact, he spoke on this topic more than anyone else in the scriptures. Jesus confirms repeatedly that heaven, hell and the lake of fire are real. (Hell is the holding place until the judgment, then hell will be thrown into 'the lake of fire' (Revelation 20:14). There can be no question or doubt about this. So, you and I will spend eternity either in heaven or in the lake of fire. The stakes are high for us. Knowing this, we will be wise to find the truth about how to go to heaven. Anything short of the truth exposes us to the risk of eternal death. Falsely convincing ourselves that we are on our way to heaven is the most dangerous of lies. No amount of positive attitude or good love can substitute for the truth. ONLY THE TRUTH can save people from the lake of fire.

Recently, I read a story about the judgment of God; a story identical to one told me by a pastor eighteen years ago. This convincing but deceptive story has been in circulation for many years, and it unfortunately appears it will remain so. The story is convincing, and while completely false it is dangerously and subtly deceptive. If it was just another innocent fable, there would be no serious consequences, and it would matter little. This is not the case, however. This deceptive tale encourages people to live in complacency and sin. It encourages them to live in blissful ignorance, while this very ignorance brings upon them the wrath of God and their own eternal damnation. As I said before, the stakes are high. So, it is important that I explain to you the truth about the judgment according to the word of God. Only with the truth can you escape eternal damnation.

The judgment of God is real. It is coming for you and it is coming for me; it will not be avoided. Every one of us will have to face it. Romans 14:10 says: "...we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." This verse does not say we will stand before Christ so he can hand us our 'get out of hell free' cards. We will stand before Christ, and we will be judged. Most preachers do not teach this truth because the truth discourages people; it shows them their faults and this does not draw crowds because it's not a 'popular' theme. Instead, preachers make up more comfortable stories embellished with a few carefully selected scripture snippets, so that Christians feel OK about them. That's not the message you'll read in this article, nor is it the message you'll find in this website. Let me move now to this false story, and expose its deception to you by shining the light of truth on it. My intent is to teach you the truth in such a way that you may detect the errors in this and any other such stories.

Now, let us look into the story and look at the errors it contains.

1. The Fake Story of the Judgment of God

The Christian fairy tale/fake story goes like this: After he had lived a decent life on earth, a Christian found himself standing before the judgment seat of God. He awaited God's decision regarding the eternal verdict for his soul. The judge, God the Father, ordered the proceedings to begin. Satan, the public prosecutor (as always, the accuser of the brethren), presented the extensive history of the Christian, showing the man had lived a life filled from start to finish with sin. Closing his arguments, Satan confidently demanded eternal death as the verdict. The Lord Jesus Christ (the savior), presented the arguments for the defense. He said, "Satan was correct in saying that this man lived a life of sin, and I don't deny any of these allegations. Yes, the wages of sin is death, and this sinner deserves to be punished. But, I died on the cross so that this person might have eternal life. He has accepted me as his Savior. So, he is mine. His name is written in the book of life and no one can snatch him from me. This man is not to be given justice, but mercy. There is nothing else that needs to be done. I have done it all." On hearing the defense, the Judge gave the following verdict. "This man is free. The penalty for him is already paid in full. Case dismissed." The sinner was acquitted. The sinning Christian was saved from hell by our Saviour Jesus Christ. So ends the story.

Let's look at this story from today's perspective. Since most Christians commit sin, we identify with this sinner. As we hear the judge's decision, we are uplifted, since we are all equally guilty of sin, and his acquittal applies equally to us. This story has a happy ending, so we are happy. Every sinning Christian is comforted, and the acceptability of continuing on in sin is confirmed. But this comfort is short lived; it is not the truth of God. Christians write many such stories and thereby deceive themselves in this and other creative ways, but none change the truth of God, and none are true.

God tells his workers to preach the word of God for doctrine. He further cautions them not to substitute stories for biblical doctrine. 2 Timothy 4 says: "2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." The word of God says that false Christians desire the comfort of stories (fables) rather than the uncomfortable reality of the word of God.

2. Analysis of the above Story

In this story, God the Father is the judge and Jesus Christ is the defense attorney. According to the Bible, this is false; the Lord Jesus Christ is our judge. He is the most righteous judge, who judges by truth and not by favor. John 5 says: "22) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: ... 27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man." Revelation 16:7 says: "...Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments."

In the story Jesus Christ testifies that everything Satan said was true. But according to the Bible, Jesus Christ says Satan has no truth in him; he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44 says: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

In this story, Satan is assigned the role of public prosecutor. The author probably got this idea from the fact that Satan is referred as the accuser of the brethren. "Revelation 12:10 says: And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." It is true that, in Old Testament times, Satan was accusing the brethren during the period of time when he had access to heaven. But, Revelation 12:10tdoes not just refer to Satan as the accuser of our brethren; it also states that "the accuser of our brethren is cast down." When was Satan cast down? Revelation 12:10 says he was cast down at the time of "the power of his Christ." This 'power of his Christ' occurred at the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Philippians 2 says: "8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." So, the New Testament believers, do not have to face the accusations of Satan that Job (Reference Job 2:1-7) had to face. Satan was cast down at the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Upon being cast down, Satan lost all access to heaven and to God; he has had no such access for the last two thousand years. He can never again accuse anyone before God.

In addition to having no access to God, Satan will no longer be around at the time of our judgment. This is because Satan will be thrown into the Lake of Fire before the judgment of Christ begins. "Revelation 20 says: "10) ... the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them." Most Christians think that Satan is the master of hell. Christians even think that Satan, as hell's ruler, will have the power to punish Christians in hell. No, No, No!!! Satan will be punished in hell and he will be burned in the lake of fire for all his lies and deceptions. He will have no authority over hell; in fact, he will have no authority at all as he burns for all eternity.

We have shown that this story, while it may seem comforting, is filled with falsehoods, misleading statements, and outright lies. Stories like this are dangerous, leading Christians away from the truth. Stories like this are not only the outcome of ignorance, but also intentional fabrications of sin-loving false teachers who serve Satan. 2 Corinthians 11 says: "13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." Outwardly the authors of these false tales appear to serve God, when in truth they serve Satan, and work for nothing more than their own profit and fame. God will judge them for their deception at the end.

3. What Churches Teach About The Final Judgment Of God

Most Christians do not believe God will judge or condemn them. Instead, they believe that they will, by the mercy of God, gain eternity in heaven. For the few Christians who believe in the judgment of God, most think that either A) Jesus Christ stands before them; or B) Jesus Christ's blood will cover their sins at the judgment. That is, they think that the Lord Jesus Christ will appear before the judgment seat and that God the Father, seeing the sinless Jesus Christ standing in as their proxy on the witness stand, will declare them 'not guilty'. Such stories are pure fantasy, designed to render void or ineffective the awesome and severe God. Christians who believe this fantasy are living in denial. These Christians don't worry about hell, nor is hell a topic of concern for them.

Christians believe that after death they all will automatically go to heaven. Do you doubt this? If so, please visit a few Christian funeral homes, hear the messages, or ask the pastor whether the person who just passed away went to hell or to heaven. Those who mourn are saddened by the physical separation death entails, but there is no concern that the person may be in hell. Everyone takes for granted that the person attained heaven. If you still doubt this, just visit a few churches and enquire whether any of their members went to hell after death. You will be surprised to find that they all went to heaven. Even if the worst of them chose a life of sin, their simple formula for salvation easily corrects this and guarantees even that person is qualified for heaven. In their church, the path to heaven is wide and comfortable - if you have any concerns about going to heaven, they will quickly fix it for you.

4. Final Judgment of God according to the Bible

God saves those who strive to obey his commandments, and he punishes those who do not obey. Hebrews 5:9 says: "... he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" 2 Thessalonians 1 says: "7) ... the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" Revelation 22:14 says: "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,.." So, obedience to the commandments (i.e., the gospel) of Jesus Christ is the factor that determines whether or not a person will enter heaven. What is the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ? It is the none other than the Lord Jesus Christ preached . Hebrews 2:3 says: "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him...." Matthew 4:23 says: "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,..." Matthew 28 says: "19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Here, the author of the gospel introduces the requirement to Preach Jesus Christ. What does it mean to preach the gospel? To preach the gospel is to preach the commandments of Jesus Christ to people, for them to obey. The gospel is the good news that enables them to inherit the kingdom of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ, at the final judgment, will be the judge. Matthew 16:27 says: "For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." The Lord Jesus Christ, the most righteous judge, will judge all people. He will judge people according to their deeds; not according to what they say, feel, or intend to do. Romans 2 says: "5) But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6) Who will render to every man according to his deeds:" 2 Corinthians 5:10 says: "...we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." Matthew 7:21 says: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

The following verses describe the final judgment by the righteous Judge: the Lord Jesus Christ. Revelation 20 says: "11) ...I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." These books are opened and they are the final word; there are no witnesses to hear the case. One set of books contains the works, good and bad, of all people, and these people are judged according to what they have done. Another book, called book of life, lists the names of those who feared the Lord, who have the mind of the Lord and who have overcome. Malachi 3 says: "16) Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. 17) And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Revelation 3:5 says: "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." The names of sinners are blotted out of the book of life. Exodus 32:33 says: "And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book." Revelation 21:27 says: "And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 22:19 says: "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." This book is also the reference to be used for judgment. If a person's name is not written in this book, that person will be thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:15 says: "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." In short, past sins are forgiven to those who have quit sin, i.e., those for whom sinning has become a thing of the past,. These are the ones who have overcome sins. These are the ones who enter the kingdom of heaven. Romans 3:25 says: "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God...." Revelation 3:21 says: "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."

5. The Final Judgment Is Not Salvation: It is The Reward For Our Good Or Bad Works

Christians think that salvation is an opportunity to receive an 'acquittal' verdict at the judgment of God. Contrary to this belief, there is no 'acquittal' verdict. Jesus Christ states that as long as a person is in sin, he/she is a slave to sin and is not saved: this person will face eternal death. Salvation is an escape from committing sins. A person who has escaped sin will perform the works of righteousness. Heaven and the glory thereof are given as the rewards for works of righteousness. Those who are unrighteous will receive the reward of the lake of fire.

a. False Belief: Salvation Provides The Escape From Punishment For Sin; Salvation Ensures You Will Not Go To Hell

Christians are taught to believe that they are saved while they are serving sin. They are deceived by false teachers. Listen to the statement of Jesus Christ himself: John 8:34 says: "Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." Listen to the statement of the Apostle Paul: Romans 6:16 says: "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" Listen to the statement of Apostle Peter: 2 Peter 2:19 says: "While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage." Listen to the statement of the Apostle John: 1 John 3:8 says: "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." Sin among God's people is caused by the devil, and the Son of God will destroy this sin. This destruction of sin is the salvation of God. Matthew 1:21 says: "... thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

The bottom line is that we have to be saved from the practice of sin itself; our lives must be free of the commission of sin. Contrary to this truth, present day Christians live in captivity/bondage to sin, yet falsely declare themselves to be saved. This false declaration is the result of subtle deception by the devil. These Christians are taught to say they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, but they are not taught to obey his commandments. Luke 6:46 says: "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Contrary to this verse, these Christians will not become servants of Jesus Christ; they will, instead, remain servants of sin. They call Jesus Christ their Savior. They think that Jesus Christ will has forgiven their past sins and will continue to forgive all their present and future sins, and this forgiveness will take them to heaven. They are taught to believe the lies of the devil and, despite sometimes good intentions, they have fallen prey to those lies. They should know that all liars will go to hell. Revelation 22 says: "14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie." Revelation 21:8 says: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Most Christians live in lies, and believe these lies because of the deception of Satan. Jesus Christ says that the blind and those who follow the blind both will fall into the ditch. God cursed not only Satan but also Eve and Adam. The deceiver as well as the deceived will be punished; ignorance of the lie is no excuse. Punishment is inevitable for both liars and for those who believe lies.

B. Heaven or Hell is the Reward for Our Works

As people are saved from their sins, they become people who do the works of righteousness. Romans 6:18 says: "Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." These righteous people will be rewarded for their righteous works. This reward is heaven and the glory which will be given them in heaven. Unsaved people, on the other hand, will have their part in the lake of fire. Revelation 21 says: "7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 22:12 says: "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." The judgment will be a reward ceremony to righteous people for their righteous works; it will be a punishment ceremony for all others for their unrighteous works.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/03/2015 05:46 PM

villageidiot

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

You mean the guy in the beard and white robes?
 07/03/2015 06:20 PM

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

Hating on everyone and calling people names ain't righteousness my man. I encourage you to repent from the way you have disparaged the name of Jesus Christ to the people on this site. You have hardened hearts and embarassed many a believer. We have had to battle you as we battle this dark world. Your hate has not led a single soul to Christ...or to even a true knowledge of anything related to him. It sucks...bad what you do and what you have done to the name of Christ. It is so ridiculous that some times I wonder if you know it and are on the other team. Satan is smart, and Paul noted that he was not unaware of his schemes....

07/03/2015 07:07 PM

villageidiot

Un-suspend disbeif just long enough to entertain the notion that maybe this whole Christ thang aint actually real....
 07/03/2015 07:10 PM

villageidiot

News flash..Satan aint real either....children
 07/03/2015 07:32 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: ummm

Hating on everyone and calling people names ain't righteousness my man. I encourage you to repent from the way you have disparaged the name of Jesus Christ to the people on this site. You have hardened hearts and embarassed many a believer. We have had to battle you as we battle this dark world. Your hate has not led a single soul to Christ...or to even a true knowledge of anything related to him. It sucks...bad what you do and what you have done to the name of Christ. It is so ridiculous that some times I wonder if you know it and are on the other team. Satan is smart, and Paul noted that he was not unaware of his schemes....

You are the dark world. You read Scripture yet ignore it...get behind me Satan! You pick and choose the Scriptures that suit your agenda and toss those ones OUT the window that you don't like or that doesn't fit your LIBERAL agenda!
What's totally sad is that you toss out the very words of Christ!
Shame on you you false teacher!
Fool!

2 Timothy 4: "2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 07/04/2015 at 10:13 AM by Fish Killer
 07/03/2015 07:59 PM

villageidiot

you truly live in a world of make believe...,.
 07/03/2015 08:17 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

He will/is being judged.
It ain't pretty.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 07/06/2015 08:09 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: Fish Killer The Bible says that God will Judge everyone according to how they lived their lives during their time on this Earth.

Well you are fucked. A spiteful and hate filled false Christian will know no heaven.

07/06/2015 10:49 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: miker

Originally posted by: Fish Killer The Bible says that God will Judge everyone according to how they lived their lives during their time on this Earth.

Well you are fucked. A spiteful and hate filled false Christian will know no heaven.

I can see that your second grade reading education failed you again.

You really should go back to grade school and complete it.

John 5:22) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment (final) unto the Son.

^These are PROVED facts.
 07/06/2015 10:53 AM

WG

and he is really pissed off by you.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 07/06/2015 10:55 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: WG

and he is really pissed off by you.

No...you are.

I do what He commands me to do.

Unlike you.

^These are PROVED facts.
 07/06/2015 12:23 PM

villageidiot

What exactly else does that voice in your head command you to do ??? This is getting to be clinically significant.
 07/06/2015 12:52 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

f'er. you are delusional.

what did Christ come here for?

we "all fall short of the glory of God."

we are all sinners.

so, who goes to heaven?

which sinners get in, and which don't?

Peter denied he even knew Christ. is he in hell?

WORKS. that is what you are preaching. THE LAW. Christ fulfilled the law.

We are called to "Follow Christ." sinlessness is not humanly possible.

U.B. SO LOST lil' f'er...
 07/06/2015 01:19 PM

WG

maybe he does
feel like me about you
highly amused

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .