Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Obamacare!!
Topic Summary: I'll do away with it!
Created On: 06/30/2015 05:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/30/2015 05:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Not so fast..
http://www.realclearpolitics.c...th_care_plan-1130.html

-------------------------
I was right.
 06/30/2015 06:17 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: Cole Not so fast.. http://www.realclearpolitics.c...th_care_plan-1130.html

I have to be honest, either I am completley wrong (which wouldn't be the first time), but doesn't that poll show that more people are against/disapprove Obamacare than are for/approve it?

Yet, still, close to a 50/50 (51.4 dissapprove, 43.6 approve)

06/30/2015 12:10 PM

Cole

Part of the disapproval stems from people who think the law doesn't do enough and provide single payer insurance.

I was right.

Edited: 06/30/2015 at 08:28 PM by Cole
 06/30/2015 02:18 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Some people are against whatever the bobble heads on Faux tell them to be against.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/30/2015 03:27 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Part of the disapproval stems from people who think the law doesn't do far enough and provide single payer insurance.

An analysis of those that "disapprove" of the ACA has consistently shown that between 20-30% do so because they want a single payer system.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 06/30/2015 06:54 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I'm real close to ditching the coverage, paying the fine, and saving/investing the money for when I need it. Last year saw my biggest family medical expenses ever, which was barely a break-even, and I think I'll come out way ahead most years. I'm finding more doctors who don't accept insurance at all, and lots who would rather make deals for a cash payment than deal with insurance.
 06/30/2015 08:35 PM

Cole

I have an HSA and it would cost me $11,000 a year for a family plan and that's with a $4,000 deductible. It's tax free, but I pay for everything from prescriptions to office visit charges.

I've had this plan for years, it's always sucked and it has nothing to do with Obamacare.

I was right.
 06/30/2015 08:59 PM

DamnRottenFellow

Joined Forum: 06/26/2015

Total universal health care is the right thing for this country.  It's only because there are so many dickheads that it hasn't actually happened yet.  

06/30/2015 09:13 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

My plans have changed with employers several times over the last few years, and the cost/benefit tradeoff for me is getting worse at rates exceeding inflation in most other categories.

Originally posted by: DamnRottenFellow

Total universal health care is the right thing for this country.  It's only because there are so many dickheads that it hasn't actually happened yet.  

When you say "TOTAL" you have to qualify what that means and how it will be paid for. Cancer? Experimental treatments or crappy ones? Transplants? Meds only from a list of generics? The more that's covered, the more people will use it, and without something to address the actual cost of treatment and medicine, promising everyone everything will break everyone.
 07/01/2015 04:39 AM

RustyTruck

The has to be consideration of efficacy and responsibly. For example you can't abuse tobacco your whole life and expect unlimited treatment.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

07/01/2015 06:45 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'm real close to ditching the coverage, paying the fine, and saving/investing the money for when I need it. Last year saw my biggest family medical expenses ever, which was barely a break-even, and I think I'll come out way ahead most years. I'm finding more doctors who don't accept insurance at all, and lots who would rather make deals for a cash payment than deal with insurance.

I'm in the same boat with homeowners.
I can replace my roof every year with what I pay.

07/01/2015 07:19 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

The has to be consideration of efficacy and responsibly. For example you can't abuse tobacco your whole life and expect unlimited treatment.

Tobacco companies own that one.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 07/01/2015 12:31 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Are more health care monies spent on tobacco users or on Fat people who have heart and health problems because of to much food and too little exercise?  Lets regulate caloric intake if we are going to pay for the health problems that caloric abuse causes???

07/01/2015 01:06 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Originally posted by: RustyTruck The has to be consideration of efficacy and responsibly. For example you can't abuse tobacco your whole life and expect unlimited treatment.

Unfortunately abusers aren't big on reaping what they have sown.  Quite the opposite; others are there to meet their needs.

Yes, this applies across the political spectrum.  Corporations do this too, and since they are now people...

Wiki wiki

07/01/2015 02:37 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I think companies that sell unhealthy food own some of that one too.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 07/01/2015 02:55 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

Are more health care monies spent on tobacco users or on Fat people who have heart and health problems because of to much food and too little exercise?  Lets regulate caloric intake if we are going to pay for the health problems that caloric abuse causes???

That's a good question. Personal responsibility vs. "Freedom" vs. Social costs. But even in the world of private insurance, unhealthy habits are becoming billable.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .