Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The science of "conservatives"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/23/2015 05:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2015 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes" is a study performed by researchers at Brock University, and it caused quite the commotion when its results were released. The researchers found that having lower general intelligence in childhood could predict conservative and racist ideas as an adult."
---
"The survey "What You Know Depends on What You Watch," undertaken by Fairleigh Dickinson University, found that watching Fox News results in knowing less about the world. "
----
"Researchers over at the University of Arkansas released their study "Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism," and things started to make sense. They performed four different studies, all of which reduced subjects' ability to use "effortful, deliberate thought," and they found that situations causing low-effort thought resulted in more conservative beliefs."
----
"Political Orientations Are Correlated with Brain Structure in Young Adults" was released (via Psycology Today). The researchers in this study performed MRI scans on participants. Just so you know, there's no way to insert liberal bias into an MRI scan.

What they found was that "conservative students had a larger amygdala than liberals." Conversely, the anterior cingulate cortex of liberal students had more gray matter than their conservative counterparts. Here's why that's important:

"The amygdala is... active during states of fear and anxiety. [...] The anterior cingulate cortex [is] a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity."

reverb

FWIW- I think this sort of thing is pretty dumb, but it seems appropriate here.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 05/23/2015 at 10:07 AM by WG
 05/23/2015 11:34 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Confirming what we knew already; our local young republicans are scared and stupid.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/23/2015 02:33 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You forgot racist and homophobic.

I was right.
 05/23/2015 03:19 PM

Greensleeves

You forgot poor surfers and unkind.

05/24/2015 06:19 AM

kirby

Joined Forum: 11/10/2007

not only is my amygdala massive, my anterior cingulate cortex is off the charts...

it pays to be in the middle, the ladies love my balanced perspective on the issues instead of following a party line...

in your face libs/progs...in your face far righties!

USA!  USA! 5/5!

on that note...maybe you guys could take a break and in the spirit of the bad a*ses that walked up the beach on D-day and many other battles and gave us the freedom to have our own opinion...take tomorrow off and spread some love and then on Tues...go right back to heated battles that will change the world

05/26/2015 12:39 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) LARGER IN LIBERALS is the frontal part of the cingulate cortex that resembles a "collar" surrounding the frontal part of the corpus callosum. It consists of Brodmann areas 24, 32, and 33.>>

...It is also involved in rational cognitive functions, such as reward anticipation, decision-making, empathy, impulse control,[1] and emotion.>>

>

Emotion, Empathy and Reward anticipation all hallmarks of Liberalism...>>

>

In addition to size, other differences between men and women exist with regards to the amygdala LARGER IN CONSERVATIVES  ..Enhanced memory for the film was related to enhanced activity of the left, but not the right, amygdala in women, whereas it was related to enhanced activity of the right, but not the left, amygdala in men.[16] One study found evidence that on average, women tend to retain stronger memories for emotional events than men.[17]>>

The right amygdala is also linked with taking action (Larger in MEN) as well as being linked to negative emotions,[18] which may help explain why males tend to respond to emotionally stressful stimuli physically. The left amygdala allows for the recall of details, but it also results in more thought rather than action in response to emotionally stressful stimuli, which may explain the absence of physical response in women.>>

>

So Conservative Men with larger right side Amygdala take action, and those with smaller right side Amygdala like women, DO NOT TAKE ACTION >>

Liberal Men have a larger ACC that involves Emotion and empathy.... Kind of like women..>>

05/26/2015 01:26 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Science?

What are you guys nuts?

These are the ones who say the earth is warming..........NOT!
 05/26/2015 02:05 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Does it mention anything about liberals gobbling up anything that coincides with their worldview?

Regardless of whether it is a fake story about Christians banning dinosaurs from text books.

Or a long drawn out story about Putin, which when you boil it down, equates to the fact that his black lab walked through a room while the Chancellor of Germany was in town. OH THE HORROR!!!

Or some other cut and paste to add to the bullshit parade, from a University that isn't exactly known for being the Harvard of Canada.

Gruber knew his audience entirely too well.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/27/2015 03:46 AM

Cole

Maybe not dinosaurs, but insane just the same...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-t...-textbook-changes/954/

I was right.
 05/27/2015 08:21 AM

WG

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/ch...ans-against-dinosaurs/

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/27/2015 09:07 AM

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

It has long been said that to be liberal when young is to prove you have a heart, and to be conservative with age proves you have a brain.

05/27/2015 09:08 AM

WG

It's long been something old conservatives say to justify stopping listening to both their heart and brains, letting their fears take over instead.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 05/27/2015 at 09:34 AM by WG
 05/28/2015 11:45 AM

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

So what ae my fears?  I'll tell you.  I fear stupid is taking over the world and far too many of you are going willingly.

05/28/2015 12:59 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Reading another thread it seems like you are already cowering in your house with a gun pointed at the door cause da boogey man gon git you.

05/28/2015 01:02 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper Does it mention anything about liberals gobbling up anything that coincides with their worldview?

You just described FK, Crankit, Ograbac, Somebodyelse...You know, your average Republican voter that lives off of the Drudge feed and gets snoped on some dumb claim at least twice a week.

05/28/2015 01:30 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

They think ISIL is running Port Canaveral because of some right wing click bait.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/28/2015 01:56 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: Sniper Does it mention anything about liberals gobbling up anything that coincides with their worldview?

You just described FK, Crankit, Ograbac, Somebodyelse...You know, your average Republican voter that lives off of the Drudge feed and gets snoped on some dumb claim at least twice a week.

I easily gave you 3-4 recent examples.

I can give more examples but he search feature on this forum sucks and it would take a bit more time than I am willing to invest, when I have already proven my point.

Where are your examples?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/29/2015 05:50 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: scombrid

I easily gave you 3-4 recent examples.

I can give more examples but he search feature on this forum sucks and it would take a bit more time than I am willing to invest, when I have already proven my point.

Where are your examples?

Search the forum through Google.

example - 2ndlight fish killer wmd

I was right.
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .