Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Another Unjustified Police Shooting Video Surfaces
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/23/2015 07:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/23/2015 07:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Palm Beach County Sheriffs under fire for this and several other recent shootings:
 04/23/2015 07:57 PM

3rdworldlover

04/23/2015 08:24 PM

3rdworldlover

Results of a two year investigation by local journalists:
http://www.wptv.com/news/local...nt-investigation-finds
 04/23/2015 09:21 PM

follydude

... Is it just me or does it not seem like a wired pattern developing?
 04/24/2015 10:03 AM

Thaumaturgist

Joined Forum: 06/10/2004

Unfortunately, the pattern had been there for a long time.

As a matter fo fact, that had indeed been the modus operandi for all these years, across the country, to be applicable to only a certain section of the populace.

But that is not the worse part. Year after year, Cops with proven questionable behavior
were always cleared of wrongdoing and that in turn encouraged this pattern.

That is why you see the Cops carrying on with their abuse even after noticing that they were being filmed. We are going to see more and more of these recordings because most people these days have a Camera in their cellphones.
 04/24/2015 11:29 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: Thaumaturgist Unfortunately, the pattern had been there for a long time.
indeed.....and lately - once a week, if not more often... folly, you're 2000andLate, brah. 1/5

-------------------------
Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 04/25/2015 06:51 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The required dash cams are active once the lights are activated and thirty seconds prior. I can tell you that it's surprising that this dash cam was operational. The bigger problem for law enforcement is the rise of hd phone videos. It's been 20 years since Rodney king begged us to get along and the police are using the same arguments now as then. The difference is the sheer volume and quality of the videos. I honestly think that the cameras still protect more good cops from bad guys than they do bad cops from good guys. That is a remarkable statement from me I know but I have seen people make outrageous lies and stories and get the response they want right up until the video gets played. If I have a video in trial, it's a simple closing argument: who are you going believe, the testimony or your own eyes. The bad cops will be forced to operate transparently and do things right or they will be prosecuted. The good cops will continue unphased. What I thought was interesting in this video is the way the second deputy was so quick to assure the shooter that he had his back. It's like he knew it was wrong, he knew his testimony as a witness would be crucial and he wanted the shooter to know he would lie for him. I suspect this common even amongst good cops. Fraternities are loyal. I will be curious to see how how our government's own police state surveillance will be used against them in the future as almost all of our lives are being recorded.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/25/2015 05:57 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: bob3000

Originally posted by: Thaumaturgist

Unfortunately, the pattern had been there for a long time.

indeed.....and lately - once a week, if not more often... folly, you're 2000andLate, brah. 1/5

A little sarcasm, apologies.
 04/27/2015 05:08 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

it's a disturbing trend, nonetheless, and it's only going to go up, like johny says..... & no problem. sarcasm somtimes don't travel well on the net.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 04/27/2015 05:48 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Shoot first and ask questions later

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/27/2015 06:59 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I'm not in favor of anyone shooting anyone. I'm not in favor of individual cops in cars. Need 2 cops with each other all the time. More xperienced cop with rookie .
( IE) Tough job. I'm sure as JB can attest to, this area of PBC is very difficult for the cops.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2015 08:26 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

My take away from all this is, don't fuck with the cops and do your best not to bring on their attention. They deal with low lifes everyday and when they meet you, they do not know if you are an asshole or not. Right or wrong, at the time you interact with the cops, they have the ultimate authority, they can kill you. Show respect, even if the cop is an asshole, and do what it takes to be able to walk away alive.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 04/28/2015 08:53 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

That video is not good.

Were these guys trained to not fire at the back of a person?

Should've also been ready to use his taser.

Still, compared to the number of arrests, this happens in less than .01% of cases. I'd say that's a good number.
 04/28/2015 09:01 AM

RustyTruck

Only cowards shoot someone in the back.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/01/2015 05:32 AM

TONYlookaround

Joined Forum: 08/29/2004

maybe if POTUS and CNN to hype this up enough, we can watch WPB burn and so forth.  Then they will have invented a crisis to report on, instead of digging into the economic reality we have from sending jobs to india and china.  

Bottom line:  start off with an attitude disrespecting police, contempt,  - then try to grab a cop's gun while on some strong weed and it all ends up the same way. 

CNN is not going to let up until they disarm our police.  Sorry, but I still support our police.  someone has got to control these animals.  Disarming the Police or America is NOT the answer.  99% of the time when the REAL details come out these are justified.  You would do the same or worse if you had to trade jobs with our police.  Anyone who says different would either be a victim themself quit their job.  It's getting more and more dangerous to be a policeman.  

We cant afford to double up the police.  I was in SC LA in 1992 and the cop teams there would eat lunch watching bank roberies and wait until the shooting ends and dessert before getting involved.  Look how much Cali pays in tax.  We dont want that in FL. People talking this way better get prepared to bay 10% state income tax.  That is exactly where the discussion goes.   

Disarm?  In Brazil they disarmed the people and last year there were 350 policemen killed (by outlawed guns) Jan-Sept 2014 in Rio.  Violent robberies ending in death have gone up 40% in the last year. The animals run the zoo there.  

it's never too late to have a happy childhood...

Edited: 05/01/2015 at 05:38 AM by TONYlookaround
 05/01/2015 06:17 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Let's face it, the basic requirements to become a cop are about the same as what is required to deliver pizza for Papa Johns. You have to have a high school diploma, a valid drivers license, and be able to pass a very basic physical test.

Many officers are as young as 21 years old.

If we want more out of cops then we should pay them more and expect more. You can make more money than they get paid waiting tables or bartending at a popular restaurant. Why would anyone expect our best and brightest to choose this path?

Reminds me of the old joke:
Officer: Son, do you know why I pulled you over today?
Driver: I don't know, you made C's and D's in high school?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/01/2015 06:56 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: TONYlookaround

In Brazil they disarmed the people and last year there were 350 policemen killed (by outlawed guns) Jan-Sept 2014 in Rio.  Violent robberies ending in death have gone up 40% in the last year. The animals run the zoo there.  

Brazilian surfer shot dead by off-duty police officer

Suddenly surf related.

05/01/2015 07:01 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Officer: Son, do you know why I pulled you over today?
Driver: I don't know, you made C's and D's in high school?

That's awesome!!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/01/2015 07:10 AM

ILM

Joined Forum: 04/08/2011

Brazilian surfer shot dead by off-duty police officer

Suddenly surf related.                                                                                            

Yea suddenly last January

05/01/2015 09:11 AM

RustyTruck

ILM this thread started 4/23. Try to keep up.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .