Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: In considering the PiC's Iranian deal, let's look at his track record.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/25/2015 02:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/25/2015 02:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

He traded 5 top Taliban commanders for a deserter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/25/bowe-bergdahl-once-missing-u-s-soldier-charged-with-desertion/?hpid=z1

Can anyone think of a worse deal in the annals of international diplomacy? The Indians cut a better deal for the sale of Manhattan, for crying out loud.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 03/25/2015 03:17 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What was your response to allegations that Israel spied on the US during our negotiations with Iran and the. Used that information to sabotage the process?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/25/2015 04:11 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Which endangered Americans more?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/25/2015 04:33 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy What was your response to allegations that Israel spied on the US during our negotiations with Iran and the. Used that information to sabotage the process?

Glad someone is looking out for our interest. But what I thought is that this was pile of BS manufactured by the PiC as pat of his ongoing effort to trash Israel.

03/26/2015 06:26 AM

johnnyboy

If my ally went behind my back to my political opposition and tried to undermine my efforts with the lies that he has been using for literally decades (Iran is only one year away from developing a nuclear weapon) and the secrets that they learned spying on our negotiations, I would disown him like a Jewish father disowns a son for getting a tattoo of Jesus.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/26/2015 06:56 AM

tpapablo

In any event, the topic is the PiC's rank incompetence in making deals. He has already made one of the worst deals in the history of mankind and is about to try to surpass that.

03/26/2015 07:23 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Obama is trying to negotiate a deal that gives Iran a green light to build nukes in one decade.

Israel doesn't trust Obama.

Israel has seen that every single foreign policy decision Obama has made has blown up in his face.

This agreement affects the future of the Israeli state.

Iran has said multiple times that it seeks to drive Israel off the face of the earth.

Why wouldn't Israel spy on it? It is their future at stake.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/26/2015 07:40 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Berdahl was a soldier. If I were a soldier it would give me confidence in my government that they are willing to go the extra mile, ignore rightwing political posturing, to get captured POWs home. 

As far as being a deserter it doesn't matter in the decision to bring him home.

In my mind, one of our soldiers is worth a hundred Taliban.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/26/2015 07:43 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

We traded 5 high-value jihadists for a loser.

How does that make sense?

Meanwhile, Obama can't get a Marine out of a Mexican prison.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/26/2015 07:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: daner Berdahl was a soldier. If I were a soldier it would give me confidence in my government that they are willing to go the extra mile, ignore rightwing political posturing, to get captured POWs home. 

In my mind, one of our soldiers is worth a hundred Taliban.

Sweet mother of Jesus!. So now we need to give our deserters confidence that we will come and get them regardless of the price? It is truly amazing how utterly stupid you progs are willing to allow yourselves to look in order to defend the  indefensible incompetence/idiocies of the PiC.

03/26/2015 07:53 AM

daner

Innocent till proven guilty. That only happened after he was brought back.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/26/2015 08:02 AM

crankit

And all of his members of his company are liars, and his written statement at the time of desertion was forged? What about the ones that died trying to "rescue" him--you have a strange view of facts!

03/26/2015 08:11 AM

follydude

... the US is negotiating to keep nukes from the hands of the Iranians.

The reason we're having these talks is because the US imposed severe sanctions on Iran - something the GOP didn't want to do.

Bergdhal, like daner said, will have his day in court.

That Marine who decided to cruise thru Mexico with an array of loaded weapons is a totally ridiculous thing to attach to this. The dude got popped in Georgia for a DUI last month. Was the President supposed to do something about that, too?

03/26/2015 08:15 AM

johnnyboy

Snper: Israel doesn't trust us? I guess they trust our money and our protection? They now have a big problem, we don't trust them. That money and protection are going to tied to a two state solution. BiBi still sees the Palestinians as terrorists insurgents, not voting members of their democracy. That is going to be his downfall.

03/26/2015 08:22 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Snper: Israel doesn't trust us? I guess they trust our money and our protection? They now have a big problem, we don't trust them. That money and protection are going to tied to a two state solution. BiBi still sees the Palestinians as terrorists insurgents, not voting members of their democracy. That is going to be his downfall.

Please start your own topic if you insist on talking about off topic matters. On this thread, we are trying to conduct a serious discussion about how stupid the PiC is when it comes to negotiating with our enemies.

03/26/2015 08:31 AM

daner

Originally posted by: crankit And all of his members of his company are liars, and his written statement at the time of desertion was forged? What about the ones that died trying to "rescue" him--you have a strange view of facts!

Innocent till PROVEN quilty Crankit. What about that don't you get?

03/26/2015 08:52 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

At the time of the prisoner swap, no one knew that Bergdahl was a deserter, except maybe his troop, just an American held by our enemy, now we know, and he is being prosacuted accordandly. Hindsight is always 20/20, but at least keep doing what is right and just.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 03/26/2015 09:10 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

As long he stands trial/CM. Didn't they say that a decision hasn't been made yet whether or not they will charge him? At least one of the members in his unit died searching for him.

edit:
Innocent till PROVEN quilty

Funny this should be mentioned, because many on here don't care even if an individual is acquitted; once they've decided that person is guilty, legal process be damned!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 03/26/2015 09:46 AM

crankit

6 died, and they knew before the swap!

03/26/2015 12:59 PM

daner

Originally posted by: crankit 6 died, and they knew before the swap!

They knew what Crankit? They knew the outcome of the military trial before it happened. I hope if I'm ever captured by an enemy I don't have people like you deciding my fate.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .