Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: George Zimmerman accuses Obama of inflaming racial tensions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/24/2015 05:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/24/2015 05:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

George Zimmerman accuses Obama of inflaming racial tensions
By Jethro Mullen, CNN

(CNN) - George Zimmerman says he bears a grudge against President Obama, accusing him of inflaming racial tensions around the Trayvon Martin case.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder in 2013 over Martin's death, made the allegations against Obama in a video posted on his lawyers' website.

The February 2012 killing of Martin, an unarmed black teenager, by Zimmerman, a Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer, stirred fierce debate about race and the justice system.

Zimmerman, who is now 31, said he shot Martin in self-defense during a confrontation in Sanford, Florida. But critics allege the death was spurred by racial profiling.

'Dereliction of duty'

In the new video, Zimmerman claims it was Obama who stoked racial tensions surrounding the case.

He cites the President's remarks in March 2012, when the case was still being investigated, in which Obama said, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

"To me, that was clearly a dereliction of duty, pitting Americans against each other solely based on race," Zimmerman says in the conversation with his lawyer Howard Iken, who does not appear on camera.

Zimmerman notes that Obama's press secretary at the time, Jay Carney, had said previously that the White House would not wade into the case, calling it "a local law-enforcement matter."

Asked if he felt there was one government agency or official who brought the most unfairness to his situation, Zimmerman is quick to respond.

"By far, the President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama," he says.

Clear conscience

Zimmerman's comments are the first since the U.S. Justice Department announced last month that it wouldn't bring any civil rights charges against him.

He says that he feels that "the Department of Justice process worked," but also that it should have investigated whether his civil rights were violated.

"They had various numerous examples of bounties place on my head, credible threats placed against myself and my family," he says, adding that "the President and the Attorney General and the federal government declined to do anything about it."

Zimmerman says he has a clear conscience over Martin's death.

"Only in a true life or death scenario can you have mental clearness to know that you cannot feel guilty for surviving," he says.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 03/24/2015 06:37 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

... He ought to stay out of the news.

Resisting arrest, blowing off restraining orders, alcohol abuse, domestic violence accusations, that 2nd degree murder charge, pretending to be the "hero" of a traffic accident, more accusations of domestic violence and an arrest in Apopka for raising hell.

http://web.archive.org/web/201...past-run-ins-with-law/

Yeah, I'm sure he blames EVERYONE except for himself.

03/25/2015 05:18 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

yeah I agree obama should stay out of the news,
 03/25/2015 05:25 AM

tom

"... He ought to stay out of the news."

or announce his candidacy...

Good fit for FL politics?

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 03/25/2015 10:20 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

George Zimmerman inflamed racial tensions when he got out of his car with a gun to stalk and murder an unarmed kid.
Fuck him.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 03/25/2015 10:31 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Zimmerman is, of course, correct. He did all of civil society a favor by taking out a thug in the making and, instead of patting the guy on the back, the PiC uses the occasion to inflame blacks in order to secure a few more votes. A bigger POS has never graced our political landscape.

I :heart; Q
 03/25/2015 10:56 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

did you get that "black stain " quote from Zim?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/25/2015 12:25 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

effKays Hero. Everyone needs one.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 03/25/2015 12:52 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I have to agree with Zimmerman on this point:

When asked of how he thought Obama should have acted in regards to his case, Zimmerman said:

"The President should have done what he said he was going to do and not interject himself in a local law enforcement matter, or a state matter, and waited until the facts came out. Instead rushing to judgment and making racially charged comments and pitting American against American."

"He should have taken the high road, given his position, and been an example, been a leader as the President should be and say, 'let's not rush to judgment,' as I'm sure he would want that same luxury afforded to him if he was accused of something."

Instead, Obama picked sides and widened the divisions between the American people.

"To me, that was, clearly, a dereliction of duty in pitting Americans against each other solely based on race."

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 03/25/2015 02:04 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I love it how a guy who is not supposed to be armed, is called off by the police, goes in anyway, ends up getting his ass kicked and kills the kid wants the President to take the high road. The word he needs to look up is systemic.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/25/2015 02:07 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Get someone else to parse Obama's mistakes.  That might actually fly.

Wiki wiki

03/25/2015 02:21 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Wookie Get someone else to parse Obama's mistakes.  That might actually fly.

There is not enough time in the day for any one person to catalogue the PiC's mistakes. That would look similar to the national debt clock.

I :heart; Q
 03/25/2015 05:05 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

I love it how a guy who is not supposed to be armed, is called off by the police, goes in anyway, ends up getting his ass kicked and kills the kid wants the President to take the high road.

As the president of the United States, he should take the high road. He represents ALL of the citizens, not just the ones that look like him. The DOJ acquitted him of wrongdoing, that should be enough for the president (after all he appointed Eric Holder).

03/25/2015 07:01 PM

follydude

Whatever, you say: the comments the President said were as a man, a father and an individual. The President spoke from his heart; whereas, Z-Mann has never seemed to become a man, nor a father, nor a productive member of society. Now, rather than taking account of himself, he chooses to blame.

Shameful.

03/26/2015 04:15 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

the comments the President said were as a man, a father and an individual. The President spoke from his heart; whereas, Z-Mann has never seemed to become a man, nor a father, nor a productive member of society

I'm not saying that I don't understand where the president is coming from, but as the president of ALL the citizens of the US, he doesn't have the luxury of just being a man or a father in public and in front of the media.

It was a mistake that divided that country far more than I imagine he ever thought it would. As the first black president, I chalked it up to growing pains. I can't imagine being in that position and don't even want to try. Yours, mine and everybody else's, (even the presidents) personal opinion of Zimmerman are irrelevant.

edit:
Now, rather than taking account of himself, he chooses to blame.

Was he not acquitted? What more legally is expected of him?

Edited: 03/26/2015 at 04:31 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 03/26/2015 04:18 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

The comments of the PIC were as an agitator, as in the "beer summit" incident and Ferguson, which all three have been disproven, but some lib's still stupidly hang on to the lies they have been fed by the three main racebaiters in the country, Holder, Sharpton and odumbo!

The police acted stupidly, hands-up, don't shoot and the unarmed sweet teen thug!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/28/2015 06:31 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Statements were are true. It is what it is.
 03/29/2015 06:32 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Ah the wisdom of George Zimmerman.  Is he that dude that was getting beat  beat up by a teenager so he shot him, beat and then lost his wife, and generally can't drive 55?  Tea Partiers will throw in with anyone that says something they like.  How about a Cliven Bundy, GZ, and Duck Dynasty dude tour?  They can go on before the Republican debates to get the crowd fired up and hatin'! 

03/29/2015 07:02 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Ah the wisdom of George Zimmerman.  Is he that dude that was getting beat  beat up by a teenager so he shot him, beat and then lost his wife, and generally can't drive 55?  Tea Partiers will throw in with anyone that says something they like.  How about a Cliven Bundy, GZ, and Duck Dynasty dude tour?  They can go on before the Republican debates to get the crowd fired up and hatin'! 

Not saying he's wise, just that he gets things right once in a while. Hey, even you get lucky sometimes.
And, about the haters, you need to look more closely at your Democratic party. They're full of hate.
 03/29/2015 08:17 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Like most people conservatics love, GZ is a self aggrandizing imbecile. Police tell him NOT to follow and he does anyway and tragedy results. Perfect as a conservative hero!

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .