Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Israel Spied on Iran Nuke Talks
Topic Summary: Busted again for spying on U.S.
Created On: 03/24/2015 08:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/24/2015 08:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

If you have the time and want some fun google "Israel spies" or "Israel spies on America" or something similar and see what comes up.  There are many cases of stuff like this that are well known but not openly discussed.  Hell, they even spied on Al Gore. 

Why we continue to give them $8.5 million per day is beyond me.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-spied-on-iran-talks-1427164201

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/24/2015 10:31 AM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Because that's cheaper than sending a battleship there?

Wiki wiki

03/24/2015 11:01 AM

Bamboo

The USA no longer has battleships, but I get your point.

If the burden on the USN's 5th and 6th Fleets was significantly reduced because of the aid package that might actually be a good arguement.  But it is not.

Besides, not only do our warships in the area have to be on guard for enemy threats, but they have to watch out for "friendly" threats also.  Just ask the surviving crew members of the USS Liberty.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/24/2015 11:05 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

worst friends ever

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/24/2015 12:30 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

All relationships of any kind go through stress. However after 67 years or so, I would hope that some kind of mutually beneficial relationship could be established.

Recent events tend to indicate that Israel has become our entittlement bitch. Somehow Netandyahoo thinks he cans just run smack and take whatever he wants without concern for the consquences of the relationship.

Its high time to let Bidi and his minions know that if they are going to take all our $$$ and military hardware then they need to show some cooperation.

Teabags and repugs are such inconsistent little shits. Ok to entittle the Israelis but give an American a foodstamp....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/24/2015 01:20 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Bamboo

End-timers and oil men. 

End-timers are trying to kiss Hank's ass in preperation for the second coming and the oil men think that supporting Israel is a good strategic move. Democrats that go along with them are spineless retards.

03/24/2015 01:57 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Because, in spite of of dysfunctional politics that drive the intransigence of the current (and re-elected) fear regime,
as a the only thing even close to a democracy in the region,
we still have hope that Israel can eventually figure out the path to coexistence.

and well uh...
the Holocaust....

never again.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 03/24/2015 02:22 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

And I don't think that that $8.5/day starts to include the neverending cycle of 'forgiven debt'? 

Their lobbyists are definitely 'earning their keep' - and worth every red cent that OUR money can buy ..

$8,500,000/day is only ~$1 a day per person..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 03/25/2015 03:23 PM

johnnyboy

Israel as a one state democracy gets to be a Jewish minority. With a two state solution, they remain a Jewish democracy. That would seem like a better solution than being voted out of office by the Palestinian majority. Why does Likud and Bibi fight this?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/25/2015 06:35 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

What about their nukes?

Israel does not participate in nuclear inspections, protocol and membership in the international accord (neither does North Korea). Pakistan has more of an open door policy on their nukes and Israel is our amigo.

When Israel were developing their nuclear weaponry they hid, moved and mis-represented their interests. They played against us and yet want our help.

Where were they in the Gulf War? Or Iraq? Or Afghanistan?

03/25/2015 07:07 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Where were they in the Gulf War? Or Iraq? Or Afghanistan?

Wow. I never considered this. Has anyone?

I will research.
 03/25/2015 07:11 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Here's one thought from the internet:

None, Israel lined up to help us fight, but we would not allow them to as it would have angered our Muslim allies in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Qatar, Kuwait, and Kyrgyzstan. Which would have made it much much harder to move men and materiel into the war zones.
 03/25/2015 07:27 PM

follydude

... Oh, that's right, in 2006 - while we were slugging it out in Iraq and Afghanistan - our Israeli friends decided to go to war against Lebanon.

03/26/2015 04:37 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

So if someone launched an attack on your home(s) what would you do give up or fight? You libs are simply anti semetic jew haters
 03/26/2015 05:54 AM

3rdworldlover

I simply don't believe the US should be supporting the idea of a Jewish homeland in Israel.
I also believe Palestinians are entitled to the same right to fight for their homes.

1917 Balfour Declaration:
His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[1][2]
 03/26/2015 02:11 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Follydude - I think the reason that Israel's nukes are not as heavily scrutinized as other middle eastern and asian countries, is because unlike their neighbors, Israel doesn't commit to destroy other countries based on a hatred for the predominant religion of that county's citizens.  Rightfuly, the world is not concerned with Israel doing something crazy with their nukes.    

03/26/2015 03:25 PM

Cole

Israel steals homes and land, then bombs Palestine back into the stone age when they attempt to retaliate. That doesn't sound very wholesome to me.

And with Vladamir Netanyahu back in power, things will only get worse.

I was right.
 03/26/2015 03:35 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Taking sides in that back-and-forth conflict is in extremely bad taste.

It's not like rooting for a team you puds.  There is no clear oppressor and no one belligerant.

Wiki wiki

03/26/2015 04:06 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

So if someone invaded your home(s) and forced you out, what would you do give up or fight? You cons are simply anti semetic Arab haters

fixed it

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 03/26/2015 06:56 PM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: 426Blue Follydude - I think the reason that Israel's nukes are not as heavily scrutinized as other middle eastern and asian countries, is because unlike their neighbors, Israel doesn't commit to destroy other countries based on a hatred for the predominant religion of that county's citizens.  Rightfuly, the world is not concerned with Israel doing something crazy with their nukes.    

They developed their nuclear weapons during the '60s when there was little oversight from the world community.  Their nuclear development history is checkered, to say the least.  They spied, deceived and stole from many of their "friends" to develop a weaponized nuclear capability.  Including stealing about 250 kilos of highly enriched uranium from the USA.    They are not signatories to the NPT, hence are not subject to inspections and their policy of nuclear ambiguity protects them from directly addressing nuclear issues with the world community.    

I have no beef with them other than I think we give them way too much and receive way too little in return, and that calling them our best ally is an insult to the UK, Canada, Australia, France, South Korea and our NATO friends. 

If they want to live there, fine...but we don't need to be their bitches.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .