Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Places to drive off-road with dune buggy?
Topic Summary: Preferably sand/dirt
Created On: 03/23/2015 10:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/23/2015 10:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

woundupintx

Joined Forum: 10/11/2013

So a buddy of mine has a really nice dune buggy that I'm thinking of buying. It's street legal too but I'm curious if anyone knows of any places off-road relatively nearby (I live in Indialantic) planning on putting surf racks on it and driving it on road a lot, but hoping there's somewhere around to play off-road too?

Edited: 03/24/2015 at 07:18 PM by woundupintx
 03/23/2015 10:25 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Titusville, near KSC. Take the exit off of 95 just South of the one for Hwy 50 and head east. There are trails everywhere.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/24/2015 07:15 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

I knoiw every trail in Melbourne/Palm Bay/Grant/Sebastian area.  PM me for info, very good riding right smack dab in the middle of Melbourne, great trails out on Palm bay , very fun trails in Grant.  No need to go to titusville....your bacxyard holds many offroad areas.  The most obvious one would be Jungle trail, which runs the river side but is not technical (still fun)

Got knobbies??? a must for around here.. I'll show you some places where you feel you are in the middle of old Florida but are just off the main roads.

Edited: 03/25/2015 at 06:35 AM by SurferMic

513.jpg
513.jpg  (20 KB)
IMG_22.jpg
IMG_22.jpg  (98 KB)
 03/24/2015 07:51 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

I've seen that waterhole!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/24/2015 07:17 PM

woundupintx

Awesome to hear! I'm out of town right now at work and won't be home for 3 more weeks but I'll be in touch for sure. I'm still debating on the dune buggy idea. I think it would be sweet to put some surf racks on and cruise around in. Im sure I'd drive it on the road a decent amount, but do you think there's enough trails around to have fun off-road for a dune buggy too? Those pics sure look like it! Anyone ever had a dune buggy or known anyone that did?

03/29/2015 06:55 PM

woundupintx

Sent ya a PM Surfermic. Looks like I am getting the buggy. Let me know when ur available to go ride some trails...beers on me!

03/30/2015 06:41 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

PM'd ya' with a spot close to home..Had a great ride Friday afternoon then chilled with a cold one and watched a truck pull another truck out of one of the mud holes, it is nice to get that country groove in the middle of MLB right across from beachside. 

The older folks make sure things do not get out of hand, making sure everyone packs their beer cans up, leave no trash behind and that the bonfires does not get out of control.  Palm Bay used to have "The Compound" way back in the day that was shut down due to people doing stupid things plus the death on a girl on an ATV who I believe was riding without a helmet on...anyways the spot has been around for decades, hoping no one get too stupid to cause it to get shut down.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .