Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: He's baaaaak
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/18/2015 05:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2015 05:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

The Israeli elections took a dramatic turn in the early morning hours on Wednesday as official tallies from nearly all precincts indicate that Likud has opened up a significant lead over Zionist Union, a far cry from the virtual dead heat that television exit polls had reported Tuesday evening.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting before dawn on Wednesday, the Likud has emerged as the clear, undisputed victor in the elections.

Listening to the news for the past week, one would have thought Bibi didn't stand a chance at reelection. Just goes to show the news channels don't always get what they want.....

jp

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 03/18/2015 05:11 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

And odumbo, his cronies from acorn and state department money spent to defeat him failed!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/18/2015 05:28 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

it was fun listening to Hannity pump up Bibi for the past week.  He even did call ins from Israel basically campaigning for him.

Glad he won, but it was a marginel victory.  BTW - their version of gov't is different from ours...he still has hurdles.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/18/2015 05:31 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Looks like fear works in all societies.

I our case, Ebola comes to mind.

I was right.
 03/18/2015 05:34 AM

Cole

Yep Bamboo, I was thinking the same thing, he somehow has to figure out a coalition and he already said he won't work with the Zionist Party.

Power could fall to one of the lower candidates.

I was right.
 03/18/2015 05:36 AM

Tomkat

Joined Forum: 12/06/2003

when common sense prevails (and you don't agree)....some will call it fear out of ignorance.

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each" - Henry David Thoreau
 03/18/2015 05:46 AM

Cole

Personal, I think it's a mistake. He has managed to polarize half of our country and a big swing back to the Left - which usually happens in presidential years - could resort in a real lack of support for Israel.

He'll keep building colonies, keep crushing the resulting rebellion, which keeps the Muslim world pissed off... and in the long run ends up fueling radical recruitment.

I was right.
 03/18/2015 05:53 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

I think it's a mistake. He has managed to polarize half of our country and a big swing back to the Left

are you sure about that? the last election cycle in the US that I remember, republicans pretty much cleaned house.

03/18/2015 06:10 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

I think it's a mistake. He has managed to polarize half of our country and a big swing back to the Left

are you sure about that? the last election cycle in the US that I remember, republicans pretty much cleaned house.

Yes, as they normally do in non presidential election years.

But a black man named Obama has been elected twice, so it's obvious that all election aren't equal.

Hispanics and women vote in presidential election, how does the republican party look to them?

I was right.
 03/18/2015 06:18 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Bibi might as well have been Tea Party, claiming in the last desperate moments to the far right that "leftists were busing in Arab Israelis to the polls". Funny stuff.

But with Bibi's swing to the right and most dramatically his position against the possibility of "two state", Israel is becoming more and more isolated.

There will be more blood.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/18/2015 07:05 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

And Israel's policy of colonizing the West Bank will continue to alienate anyone with any sense of fairness.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/18/2015 07:44 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

But a black man named Obama has been elected twice, so it's obvious that all election aren't equal.

Hispanics and women vote in presidential election, how does the republican party look to them?

I think I misunderstood what you were saying, because bibi had nothing to do with Obama winning the elections or how republicans are viewed by minorities and women.

edit: What did Obama's race have to do with ANYTHING we were discussing?

And Israel's policy of colonizing the West Bank will continue to alienate anyone with any sense of fairness.

Agreed. I also hope they will give on the Palestinian state.

03/18/2015 12:35 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I just like saying his name....BEN NET AN YAHU.

03/18/2015 12:37 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

I like mispronouncing Matisyahu .....modest yahoo, just to see how many people correct me.

03/19/2015 02:27 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Yeah I agree bee bee should quit making settlements in his own country; then giving them to out of control anarchists to destroy. Oh, is that like section 8 in Amerika? Dang those pesky libs hate everyone , what a bunch of haters unless they are your mortal enemy, then they defend their right to existence. 

03/19/2015 12:18 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

fter years of blocking U.N. efforts to pressure Israelis and Palestinians into accepting a lasting two-state solution, the United States is edging closer toward supporting a U.N. Security Council resolution that would call for the resumption of political talks to conclude a final peace settlement, according to Western diplomats.

The move follows Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's decisive re-election Tuesday after the incumbent publicly abandoned his commitment to negotiate a Palestinian state - the basis of more than 20 years of U.S. diplomatic efforts - and promised to continue the construction of settlements on occupied territory. The development also reflects deepening pessimism over the prospect of U.S.-brokered negotiations delivering peace between Israelis and Palestinians....

...On Wednesday, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki did not rule out the possibility of the United States supporting a U.N. resolution on Israel-Palestine.

"We're currently evaluating our approach. We're not going to prejudge what we would do if there was a U.N. action," she told reporters.

fp

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I imagine this move will cause irreparable damage between the US and Israel, seeing how he won in such a convincing manner, but in my (very novice) opinion on the matter, a Palestinian state is the only solution.

Edited: 03/19/2015 at 12:26 PM by worksuxgetsponsered
 03/19/2015 12:54 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

NET - EN - YAHOO

I think I have tourettes with his name.

Sorry.
 03/19/2015 01:09 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Settlements in his own country?

The West Bank is Israel?

Lunatic.

Wiki wiki

03/19/2015 01:53 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Yo wook genius go back to UN resolution stating the boundaries of Israel.  Do some research

03/19/2015 02:13 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

The West Bank is an occupied territory with Israel as the ruling power.  The international consenus is that it should become a Palestinian State.

Go ahead and find something that says the West Bank is part of the nation of Israel that has significant international support.

You can't.  Because you are way, way out of the mainstream.

Wiki wiki

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : He's baaaaak

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .