Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gov. Scott insists ex-FDLE head resigned; Bailey calls Scott a liar (w/video)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2015 06:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/20/2015 05:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

We may need the Feds to come investigate this mess.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/20/2015 08:18 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

How long until the "I am not a crook" speech?
rt

CLASSIC!

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/21/2015 05:54 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Attorney General Pam Bondi joins Cabinet scrutiny of Gov. Rick Scott's actions in FDLE firing

By Steve Bousquet, Marc Caputo and Mary Ellen Klas, Times/Herald Tallahassee Bureau

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:41pm

http://www.tampabay.com/news/p...ov-rick-scotts/2214560
 01/21/2015 06:06 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^^^Pretty much speaks volumes on how Gov Skelator does "business". Whatever makes him and his cronies make the most $ off of the back of Floridians is their goal. Scott turned down high speed rail fed gov $, but a "pal" comes along with a plot to use Florida East Coast Rail lines in a passenger capacity and he's all for it.

Repugs, please, stop voting against your own best interests.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 01/21/2015 06:36 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

I love this quote:

"that as governor, he approaches hiring the same way as when he ran Columbia/HCA, the nation's largest for-profit hospital chain."

Considering that Skeletor has consistently denied that HE had any knowledge of the largest Medicare/Medicaid fraud in history perpetrated by Columbia/HCA (when he was not taking the 5th 75 times) .... and considering that level of fraud would require a very high level of executive position .... that would mean that HIS hires are the ones that did it.

I feel so much better now knowing that he will continue to use this level of acumen in hiring those charged with running the State of Florida. :::::insert sarcasm icon here::::::

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/21/2015 06:41 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: eibla

^^^^^Pretty much speaks volumes on how Gov Skelator does "business". Whatever makes him and his cronies make the most $ off of the back of Floridians is their goal. Scott turned down high speed rail fed gov $, but a "pal" comes along with a plot to use Florida East Coast Rail lines in a passenger capacity and he's all for it.

Repugs, please, stop voting against your own best interests.

As witnessed by the rightwing assclowns on this msg brd .... the ONLY thing they care about is the "R" beside the name.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

01/21/2015 08:00 PM

Cole

Like Bondi is going to do shit, it's already been proven that she'll take cash in exchange for shelving an investigation.

looks like Scott tried to strong-arm the wrong guy, this one might have legs.

I was right.
 01/21/2015 08:03 PM

eibla

^^^^^ Very well could have legs. I expect the Wacky Righty Slime machine to swing into full damage control mode in the morning.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 01/22/2015 09:27 AM

LBLarry

Prob the best hope we have that it will have legs is that Jeff Atwater & Opie Putnam both appear to want the Governorship in 2018 or one of the Fla Senatorial seats ..... and are looking to distance themselves from Skeletor.

01/22/2015 08:24 PM

Central Floridave

CFO Jeff Atwater, Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam call for investigation into FDLE firing

01/23/2015 08:17 AM

Central Floridave

Rick Scot put out a PDF of a Q&A of the allegations:

http://www.flgov.com/wp-conten.../01/1.22.2014-FAQ.pdf

01/23/2015 08:39 AM

eibla

Pretty craftily designed responses. Left themselves rom for plausible deniability, they're pretty good at that. Wonder what Baily's response will be?

One things for sure they're in full on Damage Control!

John Kenneth Galbraith
 01/28/2015 08:07 PM

Central Floridave

Cabinet members step up attacks on Gov. Rick Scott over FDLE firing

The raging controversy over Gov. Rick Scott's removal of a respected law enforcement official escalated Wednesday as Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam said he was "misled" by Scott's office and a St. Petersburg lawyer formally accused top state officials of Sunshine Law violations.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/p...ott-calls-fdle/2215440
 01/28/2015 08:22 PM

Central Floridave

State Atty Megs is the same one that refused to charge Winston Jameis of rape:

Meggs: Cabinet members should investigate FDLE themselves or shutup

@mikevansickler

Amid calls for a third-party investigation into allegations made by ousted Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Gerald Bailey, Leon County State Attorney Willie Meggs said he won't be getting involved.

"The Cabinet members are big boys and girls," Meggs said Thursday. "They can do whatever they want. They all have investigators. Go investigate. If they don't, shut up. It's that simple."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com...tup.html#storylink=cpy
 01/28/2015 08:29 PM

Central Floridave

Bondi believes FDLE head was fired without governor's knowledge
Matt Dixon
6:08 PM, Jan 28, 2015
3 hours ago

http://www.naplesnews.com/news...ors-knowledge_18757429
 01/29/2015 05:18 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Bondi believes FDLE head was fired without governor's knowledge

Matt Dixon

6:08 PM, Jan 28, 2015

3 hours ago

http://www.naplesnews.com/news...ors-knowledge_18757429

Looks like Scott is choosing incompetence over prosecution.

Medicare scamming under his nose and he doesn't notice.

High level terminations under his nose and he doesn't notice.

And his new term just started...oh joy!

I was right.
 02/02/2015 10:11 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

More fallout from the budget cut extremist: http://www.tampabay.com/news/p...-ex-chief-says/2215958

"He was told that, going forward, no one should report the details of any inmate death in writing, so every time an inmate died, whether it was from old age or something else, officials were to call Crews on the phone. The calls were coming in at all hours of the day and night."
"We couldn't ever sleep a whole night through,'' said Crews' wife of 28 years, Terri.

turning the state to shit, and firing everyone that doesn't play along burying his turds

Over the course of the next 24 hours after returning from North Carolina on July 10, Crews was on a plane to Miami, juggling conference calls and talking points from Hollingsworth and others he said were bent on spinning a plan to take the heat off the governor, who was in a tight race with former Gov. Charlie Crist.

He was picked up at the airport by Randy Tifft, the DOC's Region 3 director, and driven to Dade Correctional, where he was to hold a news conference the following day. The event was designed to show that Crews was taking action to hold someone accountable in the wake of Rainey's death. Both Dade's warden, Jerry Cummings, and his deputy warden, Royce Dykes, were told by Tifft and others that the governor's people "were on a ledge,'' and that the two of them needed to think about leaving. Both Cummings and Dykes elected to retire, but the timing of their departures made it appear that they were fired.

Crews said despite being told to fire Dykes, he refused, because Dykes wasn't working at the time Rainey died.

"I put my foot down. I wasn't going to fire him,'' Crews said. "They were both good men and didn't deserve what happened to them.''

Crews, who was named by Scott as the third corrections secretary in as many years, had warned that conditions were deteriorating at Florida's prisons as the governor and Legislature had slashed the DOC's budget and cut its staff. In September 2013, he told a Senate committee that the DOC budget was $500 million less than it was in 2007, yet there were 9,000 more inmates in the system.

The budget austerity was having an impact on staff, he warned, noting that the starting salary of $32,000 for correctional officers contributed to high staff turnover, and the agency had drawn a lawsuit from the Teamsters Union over comp time.

Despite his pleas for more money, Scott and legislators refused to allocate the additional funds, so Crews got creative.

He had prisoners make their own bedclothes and inmate uniforms. They washed their own clothes and dishes, instead of replacing broken machines. He re-bid the contracts for paper towels and toilet paper to save money, and he asked for community and government agency donations for supplies and equipment.

"No other state agency had to beg for donations for supplies,'' Crews said.

Pretty soon, Crews said, he was spending so much time begging hotel chains for sheets and pillows for his prisons that he couldn't sleep at night. The budget had been cut to the point that wardens were trading kitchen equipment for toilet paper and soap.

The agency was spending $1.6 to $2.9 million a month in overtime, Crews said, yet no one seemed to understand that the department would save more money filling some of the department's more than 1,200 vacancies. Instead, taxpayers were shouldering the cost for overtime as well and prisons were plagued by guards being unable to keep the peace because they were too burned out from working non-stop, 12-hour shifts.

"When you have $2.9 million a month in overtime, that means an officer is working at least one of his two days off. He is putting in an extra four hours in addition to his 12-hour shift and then, by law, we have to give him eight hours off in between. That means the warden has to fill that gap with more overtime.''

Crews said it became clear that dangerous incidents involving inmates - either the daily inmate-on-inmate violence or use-of-force by guards on inmates - often corresponded to days and times when prisons were dangerously below minimum staffing levels.

Some prisons were in such disrepair, he said, that their roofs leaked regularly, making it impossible to keep dorms open. At a moment's notice, facilities would have to shuffle hundreds of prisoners out of flooded dorms, crowding them into areas where staffing was already below minimum levels.

"What people don't realize is if we have a foot of water in a dorm and the toilets are backed up, then the officers are working in the same conditions,'' Crews said.

Edited: 02/02/2015 at 10:24 AM by 3rdworldlover
 02/02/2015 01:41 PM

johnnyboy

Come on Tpap, spin this one for Skeletor and blame the progs. Lets hear it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/02/2015 02:06 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Come on Tpap, spin this one for Skeletor and blame the progs. Lets hear it.

I haven't read up on it. But from the first post it appears that Scott said a guy resigned and that guy says he was fired? If that is what this is about, I don't give a damn, because it is unimportant.

I :heart; Q
 02/02/2015 02:21 PM

johnnyboy

I recall that you are a fellow member of the bar, the man fired is the head of the FDLE, and the Governor is alleged to have fired him for political reasons, despite his stellar reputation and ability to head the agency (of which he would have retired in April). Its important and I don't believe you don't give a damn. That was, by the way, a very lame dodge.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .