Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gov. Scott insists ex-FDLE head resigned; Bailey calls Scott a liar (w/video)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2015 06:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2015 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Gov. Scott insists ex-FDLE head resigned; Bailey calls Scott a liar (w/video)

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/...s-scott-a-liar/2213463
 01/14/2015 06:14 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

http://youtu.be/V2f-MZ2HRHQ

What we got here is failure to communicate.

Obviously, it is all about the defination of "resigned".  

How he got elected and and then re-elected is a 100 million dollar mystery.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 01/14/2015 at 06:27 PM by Bamboo
 01/14/2015 06:20 PM

Central Floridave

Makes me wonder what FDLE was investigating that Rick Scott didn't like...
 01/14/2015 06:28 PM

Central Floridave

Here is some more insight on this and how the FDLE chief can get fired:

Alex Sink: Cabinet officials ought to tell the truth about FDLE's Bailey

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com...ey.html#storylink=cpy
 01/14/2015 09:05 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

F'n A
What a weirdo
Watch the video
 01/15/2015 05:43 AM

Bamboo

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/legislature/gov-rick-scotts-ouster-of-fdle-commissioner-followed-months-of-tension/2213534

More detailed article. ^^^

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/15/2015 06:30 AM

Cole

How he got elected and and then re-elected is a 100 million dollar mystery.

Corporations are people too!

A Republican president will stack the Supreme Court for the next generation, do we really want more rulings like "Citizens United?"

I was right.
 01/15/2015 06:48 AM

3rdworldlover

Good possibility that it is related to the pending email lawsuit. Article below mentioned a FDLE report that doesn't sound very helpful for keeping skelator's emails out of the sunshine:

A Tallahassee judge opened the door Monday for a new complaint against Gov. Rick Scott that alleges the governor intentionally withheld public records in violation of state law.

Leon Circuit Court Judge Charles Francis ruled Monday at a hearing in his chambers that Tallahassee attorney Steven R. Andrews may amend his existing public records lawsuit against the governor because Scott turned over 197 pages from his private Google mail account after he and his attorneys previously told the court the records did not exist.

"It's a violation of the public records laws to wait 18 months to produce records ... and then two years after we request them, they suddenly produce emails,'' Andrews told the court.

The case will now turn on whether the governor intentionally withheld the documents.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/new...113.html#storylink=cpy
 01/15/2015 08:18 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole How he got elected and and then re-elected is a 100 million dollar mystery. Corporations are people too! A Republican president will stack the Supreme Court for the next generation, do we really want more rulings like "Citizens United?"

Yup.

Leon Circuit Court Judge Charles Francis ruled Monday at a hearing in his chambers that Tallahassee attorney Steven R. Andrews may amend his existing public records lawsuit against the governor because Scott turned over 197 pages from his private Google mail account after he and his attorneys previously told the court the records did not exist.

You guys ever heard of Lois Lerner? Don't recall you progs getting upset about her and the IRS doing far worse. Hard to take your bitching seriously. According to you dweebs, this would be a "fake scandal." 

I :heart; Q
 01/15/2015 08:38 AM

3rdworldlover

Change the topic, but Scott still has to answer the judge this week.
Not sure he can fire this judge, maybe.
 01/15/2015 09:17 AM

Central Floridave

here is another 'lamestream' media hit piece against our glorious governor:

Does the Scott administration really have Kevin McCarty on the chopping block?

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/175318
 01/15/2015 09:27 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Tampa Trib video is incredible! Scott is a sociopath!

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 01/15/2015 01:08 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: eibla Tampa Trib video is incredible! Scott is a sociopath!

Good for him. The state seems to be running well enough. So I am happy.

I :heart; Q
 01/15/2015 01:56 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Good possibility that it is related to the pending email lawsuit. Article below mentioned a FDLE report that doesn't sound very helpful for keeping skelator's emails out of the sunshine:

A Tallahassee judge opened the door Monday for a new complaint against Gov. Rick Scott that alleges the governor intentionally withheld public records in violation of state law.

"It's a violation of the public records laws to wait 18 months to produce records ... and then two years after we request them, they suddenly produce emails,'' Andrews told the court.

The case will now turn on whether the governor intentionally withheld the documents.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/new...113.html#storylink=cpy

Wonder if Skeletor can go for a personal best and break his record of taking the 5th 75 times?

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/16/2015 02:48 PM

Central Floridave

the plot thickens:

Former FDLE Commissioner Jim York raises serious questions about the Rick Scott campaign and Gerald Bailey's departure

York pointedly asked Scott if Scott had asked Bailey to close a money-laundering investigation into a campaign donor seeking an appointment to be on the Fish and Wildlife Commission.

"When Commissioner Bailey refused your request, did you call him weekly to ask if the case was closed? Did you make many of these calls on other staffer's cell phones and office phones? If so, I'm sure you weren't just trying to 'erase your fingerprints,' right ?" writes York.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/175544
 01/16/2015 05:21 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

the plot thickens:

Former FDLE Commissioner Jim York raises serious questions about the Rick Scott campaign and Gerald Bailey's departure

York pointedly asked Scott if Scott had asked Bailey to close a money-laundering investigation into a campaign donor seeking an appointment to be on the Fish and Wildlife Commission.

"When Commissioner Bailey refused your request, did you call him weekly to ask if the case was closed? Did you make many of these calls on other staffer's cell phones and office phones? If so, I'm sure you weren't just trying to 'erase your fingerprints,' right ?" writes York.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/175544

When Skeletor was elected he was known to be a world class thief and pathological liar ... why in the hell would anyone think that he is any different today??

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

01/18/2015 07:02 AM

Central Floridave

Ousted FDLE chief raises new allegations about meddling by Gov. Rick Scott, aides

Times/Herald Tallahassee Bureau

Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:49pm

TALLAHASSEE - Ousted Florida Department of Law Enforcement commissioner Gerald Bailey claims he resisted repeated efforts by Gov. Rick Scott and his top advisers to falsely name someone a target in a criminal case, hire political allies for state jobs and intercede in an outside investigation of a prospective Scott appointee.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/p...gov-rick-scott/2214084
 01/18/2015 07:23 AM

Bamboo

Melissa Sellers, Chief of Staff to Scott,  may be part of this.

Here is an op/ed piece written about her last year.  Seems this is a common MO for her.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/169810

01/19/2015 07:32 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

How long until the "I am not a crook" speech?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/19/2015 06:19 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

How long until the "I am not a crook" speech?

Wont happen RT .... Skeletor is a pathological liar and truly believes his own BS.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .