Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Heaven
Topic Summary: Your Best Life...Later Part 2
Created On: 12/17/2014 06:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/17/2014 06:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

Again, non-christians please feel free to ignore, but below please find a link to a post which discusses what belivers have if they are not deceived by wealth, but confess with their mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe it in their hearts...Heaven.

http://followingjesuschrist3.com/

12/21/2014 08:48 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Jesus is the reason for this season. :-)

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/21/2014 10:22 PM

sonfollowerssurf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2012

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is not about presents, but HIS PRESENCE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

THIS is ALL temporary here.......HEAVEN is FOREVER!

12/22/2014 07:32 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: sonfollowerssurf

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is not about presents, but HIS PRESENCE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

THIS is ALL temporary here.......HEAVEN is FOREVER!

I guess that's my problem with organized religion, I'm a pragmatist and religion takes a lot of faith on the unseen and concessions to reality to make much sense to me.

I was right.
 12/22/2014 09:43 AM

ummm

FK and Sonfollower - You are correct!!

Cole - there is so much that is seen that speaks of God(at least to me). You have seen my posts of the glory and beauty of the human body, reproduction, cellullar structure, the ozone layer, gravity, coral reefs, seed bearing plants, clear cool springs of water, colorful birds, emotions, etc etc. Those things are designed for us to stop and think - hmmm. Something far more wise and powerful than me must exist because these things could not have happened randomly. Even for one of these things to happen I believe the chances are 1 in many trillion. Why do we have tastebuds? How did the elements of human sexuality come together so perfectly on both a biological and emotional level? These are rhetorical questions of course, and I believe each one of these wonders screams majestic, glorious, wonderful, wise, creative and all-powerful God who just so happened to give us the opportunity via freewill to screw it up - or not.

Happy Christmas and peace to all.

12/22/2014 10:19 AM

Greensleeves

"Something far more wise and powerful than me must exist because these things could not have happened randomly."  Colorful birds and tastebuds! 

Please leave faith to faith and let scientists do their work.

From Whitman:

And I say to mankind, Be not curious about God,
  For I who am curious about each am not curious about God,
  (No array of terms can say how much I am at peace about God and
      about death.)

I hear and behold God in every object, yet understand God not in the least,
  Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself.

Why should I wish to see God better than this day?
  I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four, and each moment then,
  In the faces of men and women I see God, and in my own face in the glass,
  I find letters from God dropt in the street, and every one is sign'd
      by God's name,
  And I leave them where they are, for I know that wheresoe'er I go,
  Others will punctually come for ever and ever.

Does anyone need more than that? 

12/22/2014 10:35 AM

deepblue3

Joined Forum: 10/19/2012

don't h8

Big hitter the Lama.

Edited: 12/22/2014 at 10:53 AM by deepblue3
 12/22/2014 10:50 AM

ummm

I hear your mocking on the colorful birds and tastebuds...but I listed a few other things as well. DNA, RNA, etc, other things which just could't have possibly evolved... Their are many biochemists and astronomers who agree. I could post links but am too lazy to do it this week.

If you don't want to see God in creation, feel free not to my man. It will all shake out at the end. We all think we are so wise(me included)- but who made that brain of ours that allows us to reason, and which just so happens to fit perfectly in our head, and easily operates our eyes and all other bodily processes? It takes a great deal of faith to think a random explosion caused it. Where did the light, the energy and all this matter come from? What force is causing it to expand? Why is air perfectly blended at sea level for us to breathe? I could go on and on and on about the inticacies and perfections of creation my bruddah...but I will spare you all. God made Himself easy to find...if we want to find Him. 

12/22/2014 11:14 AM

GsusSurfs

Joined Forum: 03/15/2011

I think greensleeves' quote from Whitman is highlighting the fact that God does reveal Himself through creation.  I don't think Whitman was a Christian, although he didn't reject the bible either.  He certainly believed in God from what I can tell.

Jesus invented surfing...
Matthew 14:22-33

www.facebook.com/churchonthebeach

12/22/2014 11:23 AM

ummm

Whitman was most certainly not a christian, but he seems to have believed in God in the generic sense, or in the typical nature-as-God (pantheistism)view similar to many of the authors and poets of that day. I believe that creation, fully contemplated, examined and digested, pushes one toward the God who saves the souls of men...Jesus Christ. There are several good scriptures on that - Acts 17:24-28 and  Romans 1:18-20 are two. 

12/22/2014 11:25 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

12/22/2014 12:02 PM

Greensleeves

Absolutely G.  Whitman's God may not be the finest example of Christian God but his rationale for belief is something most people have felt/hoped.     

The final line from Scom's interesting cite: "It is also our view that one can find much meaning, beauty and purpose in a naturalistic view of the universe, without having to resort to mystical notions of reality."

12/23/2014 11:00 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: ummm

FK and Sonfollower - You are correct!!

Cole - there is so much that is seen that speaks of God(at least to me). You have seen my posts of the glory and beauty of the human body, reproduction, cellullar structure, the ozone layer, gravity, coral reefs, seed bearing plants, clear cool springs of water, colorful birds, emotions, etc etc. Those things are designed for us to stop and think - hmmm. Something far more wise and powerful than me must exist because these things could not have happened randomly. Even for one of these things to happen I believe the chances are 1 in many trillion. Why do we have tastebuds? How did the elements of human sexuality come together so perfectly on both a biological and emotional level? These are rhetorical questions of course, and I believe each one of these wonders screams majestic, glorious, wonderful, wise, creative and all-powerful God who just so happened to give us the opportunity via freewill to screw it up - or not.

Happy Christmas and peace to all.

I see it as everything fits where it belongs.

A slight change in salinity will kill coral.

Fish move to the water temperature that suits them.

Plants grow and expand when they are in soil with their required PH.

I see adaptation to a specialized environment.

I was right.
 12/23/2014 12:20 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

gaia

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 12/28/2014 11:01 AM

ummm

12/28/2014 12:04 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

God....yes, depending on one's definition of God. Religion, not so much. Religion divides mankind and stifles our thirst for knowledge. If we "believe" then there is no point in trying to find out the "truth". Just to blindly follow a book that's been translated by men dozens of times or to do what some man tells me to do so I can reap the rewards of a "good Christian" life(everlasting life in heaven)(and make sure to give us some money) goes against my religion(Sceptic Rasta). Heaven is on Earth(hell is also), Love all, and be good for goodness sake.(not because you're scared you'll burn in hell if you're not good)

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 12/29/2014 02:08 PM

ummm

You'd be surprised how accurate and consistent the Bible translations have been over more than 2000 years - especially the Textus Receptus, which agrees with 98.02% of all ancient manuscripts. I've spelled it out in great detail in other posts, so I won't waste your time or mine now. All of the Bible hater sites ignore the strong historical evidence of consistent contemporaneous accounts of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, because they hate the idiots who have abused their supposed religious authority for sex, cash or power. There is a very strong historical case for all that the Bible says, and if the standard used to authenticate other ancient documents was fairly applied to the Bible(as it has been by some scholars) it stands above almost every other work from that same time frame. You have to dig much deeper that the christian/Bible hater websites. Evidence is evidence and either it's there or not. Just like many prosecutors do, many atheist and agnostic scholars hide evidence that doesn't fit the narrative they want. 

Edited: 12/29/2014 at 02:47 PM by ummm
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .