Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking like "The Interview" is cancelled.
Topic Summary: (and now coming back)
Created On: 12/17/2014 07:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/18/2014 01:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Sony argued that there was a principle at stake: "We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome."

O.K., then: if Sony supports the American public and its filmmakers' right to free expression, then it should let the American people see their filmmakers' work. In our living rooms, if necessary. If theaters are afraid to show The Interview, make it available, as soon as possible, through home streaming on demand.

The technology is in place. The legal and business arrangements may be more difficult (one reason that studios have avoided immediate VOD release, ironically, is resistance from theater chains), but reportedly Sony has considered it as an option."

Sony Should Stream The Interview - Now

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/18/2014 04:47 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

maybe since NK hacked Sony's emails, it really is Sony encouraging theaters to pull it, possibly even paying them to do so.

Sony execs might be paranoid about what other hacked emails could be released and how much more damage they could cause.

== blackmail
 12/19/2014 06:24 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

What EFFFFFFING PUSSIES!

In response to Sony's refusal to release The Interview over threats of violence from hackers believed to be angry over the comedy's plot involving the assassination of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un several theaters said they would screen Team America: World Police instead. However, Paramount won't allow their North Korean dictator assassination comedy to be screened either. At least that's what three independent theaters have said, the Daily Beast reports.

Three movie theaters say Paramount Pictures has ordered them not to show Team America: World Police one day after Sony Pictures surrendered to cyberterrorists and pulled The Interview. The famous Alamo Drafthouse in Texas, Capitol Theater in Cleveland, and Plaza Atlanta in Atlanta said they would screen the movie instead of The Interview but Paramount has ordered them to stop. (No reason was apparently given and Paramount hasn't spoken.) Team America, of course, features Kim's father, Kim Jong-Il, as a singing marionette.

North Korea had previously demanded Team America be pulled from theaters in the Czech Republic but the country refused.

"Obviously, it's absurd to demand that in a democratic country," a spokesman for the Czech Foreign Ministry said at the time.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 12/19/2014 09:13 AM

TyroneShoelaces

Joined Forum: 07/27/2009

I think some people at Sony are getting their shit blackmailed by someone who worked there. When this all gets unwrapped there is going to be someone inside just screwing Hollywood with a giant D. If NK actually was behind this, I think they'd do more than weak threats.

Team America even had a bit on this: We're Dicks!

When they first got hacked there was a group that saw it and said don't even release it because it's terrible. Fix it then release it. They lost 100tb of data, what else other than mean emails and employee ss #'s got taken?

Sony gives theatres right to not play it, theatres say if you're not going to support us then we won't play it. Blame game all around, no one liable for anything, everyone walks away and america acts like they give a shit about world politics over a Seth Rogan movie. 

12/19/2014 09:23 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

everyone walks away and america acts like they give a shit about world politics over a Seth Rogan movie

Not me. I think it sets a VERY bad Precedence; if the Czech Republic has the balls to tell them go efff them selves and we don't, every knucklehead with an ipad and a hurt feeling is going to try to use threats to get their way.

I would have gone to the theater to see this (very stupid looking) movie, just to help give the finger. then again i've been known to be stubborn and shallow.

12/19/2014 09:27 AM

Barneysfrank

Joined Forum: 10/14/2014

Viral Marketing. 

When has North Korea ever followed through on a threat? Is it March already?

Sony is a Japanese company- I can't imagine that the 'commies' are any less bitter than the Park Chung Hi disciples- meaning that they'd be a whole lot more likely to 'attack' those filthy jjokbarris than they would any Yankee-saekis over a perceived threat.  

This is simply a capitalist attempt to keep the 'threat machine' alive. North Korea has never posed any threat to the USA, yet your media constantly feeds you this crap about the Norks being ever so ready to attack you. Even when it was 'really going to happen this time' back in 2013, most of the murmurs were coming out of the US, whereas people in Seoul were still going about their daily lives; and low and behold, nothing happened. 

Please, go and enjoy your crappy movie marketed through 'controversy'. The American media will still misinterpret the Juche ideology and still paint Jong-eun with a brush of lies. In the end, your massive budgets still won't be justified, and Korea will still be divided.  

Two Finger Ring 

12/19/2014 09:38 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: Barneysfrank Viral Marketing. 

posted that already. 0/5

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 12/19/2014 09:41 AM

Barneysfrank

Originally posted by: bob3000
Originally posted by: Barneysfrank Viral Marketing. 

posted that already. 0/5

I saw it and agreed- while adding my own ???.

5/5 and paddle your SUP one half lap around Newnan's lake, then sit in the student section of the Birmingham Bowl. 

Two Finger Ring 

12/19/2014 10:24 AM

bob3000

OUCH! ... and, i still don't see how we got into any bowl game!!!!

12/19/2014 10:44 AM

Barneysfrank

By benching mister jitters and beating the rape charge. 

Anyway 2018 so bright we'll all need shades

Two Finger Ring 

12/23/2014 01:05 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Sony to Release 'The Interview' in Theaters, on VOD Despite Threats (Exclusive)

I forget who said it, but I think it was just a marketing ploy to sell this rather dumb looking movie. I'm back to waiting for it to come out on netflix.

wrap

12/23/2014 01:26 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
I forget who said it, but I think it was just a marketing ploy to sell this rather dumb looking movie. I'm back to waiting for it to come out on netflix. wrap

I would almost agree but if this has been a marketing ploy, then I'm pretty sure it would be criminal in some way.

I don't think anyone is going to risk going to prison to market a movie.

Another thing I don't get would be NK believing that even if they did stop the movie from being released in theatres that it would not be leaked somehow and that all of this would not draw more attention to it than it probably would have received in the first place.

The whole thing is beyond bizarre.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/23/2014 01:36 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

NK seems to be all about the bluster and making headlines. They accomplished both.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

12/24/2014 06:12 AM

bob3000

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
I forget who said it, but I think it was just a marketing ploy to sell this rather dumb looking movie.
I know who said it....& you're 2000 and late, brah! Tighten up!

12/24/2014 03:29 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Ft. Pierce, Nova Cinema, Christmas

Vero Beach, Majestic, Jan. 2.

West Melbourne, Cinemaworld, Jan. 2

01/09/2015 06:13 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

fyi, I watched the interview a couple nights ago. Its THE dumbest movie ever. Don't watch it. I got about an hour into it and stopped. It just got dumber and dumber. Its pretty lame movie. Not even funny for being labelled as a comedy.
 01/09/2015 06:27 AM

bob3000

^ can't say we didn't warn you, Dave-o!!

01/09/2015 07:32 AM

Central Floridave

I didn't go out of my way to watch it, the wife had it on. She is the sucker that bought into the hype. It is such a bad movie. I was thinking maybe it may be funny, but not a single funny skit. Wow, no wonder N.Korea didn't want it seen. Its that bad.
 01/09/2015 07:52 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Just curious, but what comedies have you really liked? I want to get an idea as to what you find funny before I write this one off. Usually those two are pretty funny together.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 01/09/2015 08:08 AM

Central Floridave

Well, I liked dumb and dumber, as it was actually funny. This one is dumber and dumber and not funny. Pretty lame. But watch it yourself. People do have different movie likes. I would imagine an adolescent may like it as there are some toilet humor in it. I couldn't get past the hour mark in the movie and didn't make it to the end. It is just completly lame.
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .