Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: the South's enduring Republican majority
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/10/2014 11:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2014 11:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Raw Story

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/11/2014 03:11 AM

Barneysfrank

Joined Forum: 10/14/2014

....because nothing else in the happened besides clan recruitment in those years. Would you repost an article that said something along the lines of "The analysis of five presidential voting outcomes, between 1960 and 2000, showed that counties with Black Panther activity in the 1960s had a statistically significant increase in Democrat voting compared to counties with no established Black Panther Party chapter, even after controlling for a range of factors commonly understood as relating to voting preferences."

The Republican part is the natural choice for those of us who find acheivement in Black America lacking, but the reality is they're by in large every bit as willing as any Democrat to prove how 'not racist' are. 

There are racist Republicans, and racist Demcrats. The difference is that you can find a Republican that actually knows he's racist, the Democrat will just call everyone else a racist until the discussion is no longer productive, while mired in self-doubt about whether or not his low expectations of black people is actually racist.  

Two Finger Ring 

12/11/2014 06:09 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

The Klan was founded by Democrats and was origininally the terrorist wing of the Democrat party.

The Klan's membership today is estimated to be somewhere between 2,000-5,000 people nationwide. The Hell's Angels have more members than the Klan and how many black members to the Hell's Angels have? Many chapters refuse to allow black members. Many of them are openly racist. Why not do a demographics study on them?

The south doesn't own racism. Any of you guys ever spent any time in Boston or Philly? There are tons of racist Democrats up there. Many of them are die hard Democrats. A lot of them still believe in "staying with their kind". Ask the Polish and the Italians in Boston or Philly what they think of black Americans.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 12/11/2014 at 10:12 AM by Sniper
 12/11/2014 08:28 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

You want to know who was even more influential in creating a Republican South? The PiC. He almost single-handedly rid the South of dems. That, in fact, is one of his very few positive achievements.

He also ridded most of the rest of the country of dems. The only real holdouts at this point are the insane states, and only small portions of them.

I :heart; Q
 12/11/2014 10:10 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

To assume that the change in tide this November was because of racism is either ignorance, sour grapes, or a combination of the two.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/12/2014 08:32 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

In case you haven't noticed, the Dixiecrats have all switched parties.

The last Dixiecrat holdouts switched in 2008/2009.  I have no idea why that timing.

Even the stalwart Pro-Union Miner Democrats of WVA have started jumping ship.

The south doesn't own racism.

No shit.

12/12/2014 08:48 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid

In case you haven't noticed, the Dixiecrats have all switched parties.

The last Dixiecrat holdouts switched in 2008/2009.  I have no idea why that timing.

Even the stalwart Pro-Union Miner Democrats of WVA have started jumping ship.

The south doesn't own racism.

No shit.

Don't know how you progs can live in these racist hellholes. Maybe you should consider voting with your feet and move to those prog garden spots in Detoit, NYC and Chicago. Those places would give you a higher perch from which to look down your noses at us subhumans. In the meantime, you will just have to live with us voting intelligently.

I :heart; Q
 12/12/2014 08:59 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

still waiting
for that
to start

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/14/2014 10:49 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Speaking of intelligence, the only policy conservatic Republicans can come up with is sitting around a boiling cauldron throwing in locks of Ronald Reagans hair and shaking his corpse at good legislation.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 12/14/2014 11:24 AM

Barneysfrank

Joined Forum: 10/14/2014

Originally posted by: eibla Speaking of intelligence, the only policy conservatic Republicans can come up with is sitting around a boiling cauldron throwing in locks of Ronald Reagans hair and shaking his corpse at good legislation.

And the only policy you can conjure is beating up strawmen. You're right for condemning Bush or Palin, but where do you get off defending Hillary or Obama?

Stick around for a minute, debate off of explicit facts, and you'll get shredded by logic and reason. I know better than anyone that Libtard fanatsy toddler world is a temptous place to abide in, but the harsh realites of life beckon if you're willing to accept them.

Hats off to Scombrid for giving it a try. He's usually correct, but nessecarily careful about the topics he's willing to jump in to. I am more than willing to applaud those who'd give a college try of defending ther beliefs with anyting other than feelings, and doubly so if they're willing to support hose feelings with 'science'. 

Two Finger Ring 

12/15/2014 10:26 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The racist south is being chipped away at.  Florida was once a bastion of prejudice:

http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/index.php/encyclopedia/encyclopedia/enc_st_augustine_movement/

"Despite this national success, black residents in St. Augustine continued to face violence and intimidation. Consistent threats and picketing by the Klan led many of the town’s businesses to remain segregated. Although SCLC continued to provide some ?nancial support to activists in St. Augustine beyond July 1964, the organization never returned to the city. King observed that St. Augustine had been made to ‘‘bear the cross,’’ suffering violence and brutality that helped prompt Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Colburn, 113)."

This wonderful state was able to heal itself and twice voted to place Barack Obama in office as the President of this great country.

12/16/2014 08:58 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Originally posted by: Barneysfrank

Originally posted by: eibla Speaking of intelligence, the only policy conservatic Republicans can come up with is sitting around a boiling cauldron throwing in locks of Ronald Reagans hair and shaking his corpse at good legislation.

And the only policy you can conjure is beating up strawmen. You're right for condemning Bush or Palin, but where do you get off defending Hillary or Obama?

Stick around for a minute, debate off of explicit facts, and you'll get shredded by logic and reason. I know better than anyone that Libtard fanatsy toddler world is a temptous place to abide in, but the harsh realites of life beckon if you're willing to accept them.

Hats off to Scombrid for giving it a try. He's usually correct, but nessecarily careful about the topics he's willing to jump in to. I am more than willing to applaud those who'd give a college try of defending ther beliefs with anyting other than feelings, and doubly so if they're willing to support hose feelings with 'science'. 

Unfortunately, because I'm a good working progressive, I can only spend limited time in debate here. I have yet to hear an explicit "fact" concerning Obama or Hillary from conservatic world. It mostly consists of running around in terror screaming "Benghazi! Benghazi!" And insisting on the 411th (or thereabouts) "new" investigation into that incident. I can't justify Obama's continuing failure to level the playing field for middle class wage earners, there's powerful lobbying influences against it, but that said, ANY positive policies that benefit working class people or the country in general (i.e. ACA, Climate initiatives) is met with venom from the Conservatic right. It's ALWAYS viewed as obstructing THEIR further accumulation of wealth or "immoral". You want to talk science, be my guest...it's YOU who be skewered intellectually.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .