Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Obama, defiant, says immigration action 'going to happen'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/14/2014 07:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2014 07:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Obama, defiant, says immigration action 'going to happen'

President Obama vowed Friday he wouldn't "stand by" on taking immigration executive action, declaring improvements to the way the federal government handled the millions of immigrants in the country illegally were "way overdue."

"I indicated to Speaker Boehner several months ago that if in fact Congress failed to act I would use all the lawful authority that I possess to try to make the system work better," Obama told reporters at a press conference in Burma. "That's going to happen. That's going to happen before the end of the year."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...9/ar-BBdEbvG?ocid=iehp
 11/14/2014 07:45 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Congress Snooze, they looze.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

11/14/2014 07:48 AM

Central Floridave

So, another possible 3 week PAID and forced vacation to Federal employees like the last Government Shutdown. How much did that cost us? AND, what did it accomplish?

"House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Friday that "all options are on the table" to prevent executive action, explicitly refusing to rule out a government shutdown over the issue."
 11/14/2014 08:00 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Meet the new Congress
Same as the old Congress

Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

11/14/2014 08:01 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The PiC, then, should do what the American people want. Unfortunately, this guy is a true piece of shit and won't.

I :heart; Q
 11/14/2014 08:34 AM

Central Floridave

I'm assuming by tpap comment that the American People want Immigration reform. If that is true, isn't that what Pres Obama is suggesting and trying to get congress to act with the threat of EO? And,yet, Boehner says government shutdown?
 11/14/2014 08:36 AM

Central Floridave

I just did a quick google search so don't know if the figure is correct, but the 2013 government shutdown cost the taxpayer 24 billion dollars. What did it accomplish?

11/14/2014 08:50 AM

Central Floridave

WASHINGTON - We've seen this drama before. President Barack Obama is fighting with Republicans -- who are fighting among themselves. This time the issue is immigration, not the Affordable Care Act. But the players, the script, and the sound and fury are familiar.

Conservatives are pushing House Speaker John Boehner. GOP rank and file is angry and in no mood to compromise. A fiscal deadline must be met. Boehner said on Thursday that everything is "on the table" if Obama moves forward with his plan to use executive action to prevent the deportation of 5 million immigrants. Republicans have said they are willing to use the bill that's needed to keep the government open beyond Dec. 11 as a way to block the president's plans.

Before they go ahead and force a government shutdown, the GOP has to calculate the potential political costs.

http://www.ibtimes.com/immigra...-cost-shutdown-1723613
 11/14/2014 11:25 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

The Elaction, electing many new congressmen, just happened... weeks ago.... let them settle in a day or 2, then let them do their job.... WTF is Obama threatening executive action on an issue this congress hasn't had a chance to look at yet??? Obama should work with Congress and try to get past his Hubris, he doesn't have to get his way on every issue... Obama should start to talk to Congress, all of Congress, not just his party and say, 'Immagration is important and I think we should do X, Y and Z and see what Congress has to say on the issue. In his 1st speach after his party lost the Congress he starts threatening the Phone and Pen over an issue that a new Congress is probably more than happy to address... Hello, Obama, they are not sitting in the back of the bus anymore, they are driving the Bus....

11/14/2014 01:44 PM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Dicktater obammy.

Executive order on immigration is illegal.

But, obviously the progs don't give a shit thinking that everything the bammy does is legit.

I can't imagine if the Repubs were to do the same things as bammy with a Dem congress.

Even the bammy knows he can't change immigration legally.

Lopsided progs!

Where did the Constitution go?
 11/15/2014 05:14 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Definition of America-

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XNUc8nuo7HI

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 11/16/2014 06:12 PM

Central Floridave

Republicans reject government shutdown as a viable option for immigration reform
By Sara Fischer, CNN
updated 4:26 PM EST, Sun November 16, 2014

CNN) -- Republican lawmakers overwhelmingly agreed on Sunday talk shows that shutting down the government to avoid unilateral action by President Barack Obama on immigration is not a good option

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/16/...n/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
 11/16/2014 07:50 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

the logistics of actually deporting 5 million illegals? Before I retire? Congress is still rated like 25 points or more below the president, so you can see where the people's confidence in that is.
 11/17/2014 05:23 AM

Cole

The Republican House couldn't agree with themselves on Immigration reform the last time around (convened an emergency session and piecemealed a joke of a plan before going on holiday), why do people think they'll be able to do it now?

Obama has nothing to lose and it will seal the Hispanic vote for the Democrats in the next election.

And why are Obama's Executive Orders illegal, when the 291 from Bush were not?

I was right.
 11/17/2014 05:25 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: sirfir

Dicktater obammy.

Executive order on immigration is illegal.

But, obviously the progs don't give a shit thinking that everything the bammy does is legit.

I can't imagine if the Repubs were to do the same things as bammy with a Dem congress.

Even the bammy knows he can't change immigration legally.

Lopsided progs!

Where did the Constitution go?

No one said a word when republican presidents were throwing out executive orders. You guys are such stooges.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 11/17/2014 06:22 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Its a shame all the bleeding hearts here are only that on paper and not in substance. Let them all stay but make libs pay for and house them in their houses. You guys are so good at spending other peoples money, kinda like kids who inherit someone elses money. Libs are less likely to give than conservatives yet they cry wolf all the time or  racist or homophobe or woman hater. Man up and take a few in, then the world will be in balance.

11/17/2014 06:28 AM

Central Floridave

"the logistics of actually deporting 5 million illegals"

The problem is we won't get our Vidalia onions if that happens...

Typically Big Agricultural interest back the GOP. Are they really going to push their politicians to deport 5 million workers?

In theory, yes, lets kick them all out. However, in reality, some amnesty is needed. A pathway for the illegals to become legal and work in the States is needed.

I'm no expert, maybe there already programs available for this. My main concern was the GOP threatening another government shutdown. The last one cost an estimated 24 billion dollars and accomplished nothing other than doling out a paid 3 week vacation to federal employees.

I'm glad to hear the GOP mouth pieces backtracking on the Sunday news shows on this.

11/17/2014 06:35 AM

crankit

Why wasn't this passed when dem's controlled Congress and the oval office???

11/17/2014 08:36 AM

crankit

No answer from the libs??

11/17/2014 09:07 AM

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century. If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole—especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan—it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”

~2006

Guess who's words those are?

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .