Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: MEDICAL WEED
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/28/2014 05:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/28/2014 05:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

it helps people, LIIKE SO MANY OTHER LEGAL DRUGS.

empathy is a good thing.

VOTE YES!
 10/29/2014 04:38 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

presciption drug abuse is the #1 driver of crime in central Florida....                                                              This is just going to turn a harmless natural remedy into another rationed health care product that the Guvment controls....Keep weed free of Guvment intervention....      Stay out of our gardens mr. Obama.... 

-------------------------
 10/29/2014 01:38 PM

sandi

so, keeping weed illegal, will cut down on crime?

have you been smoking too much weed?

the humane thing to do is, vote yes.
 10/29/2014 01:49 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Last time....medical pot is bs. Its a ruse. a swearve tactic. It does not cure anything. It gets you stoned. Now dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with a good zonking every once in awhile. No doubt that people should not be put in the slam for having some tree. ( this is called decriminalization) No licensed board certified Medical Doctor in his right mind is going to perscribe this.

I'm asking , if you have something debilitating, or if you just want to recreate do you have any problem getting the shit?

OK fine legalize it, control it, tax it. But medical.....lame.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/29/2014 09:10 PM

sandi

do you always talk that fast?

r u on coke?

we're not talking about coke here.

the subject is weed.

legal weed.

just vote yes.

then go home.
 10/31/2014 06:52 AM

Tomkat

Joined Forum: 12/06/2003

Medical?? weed.......... Dont see any doctors pushing for it. Just an ambulance chasing lawyer and his flip flopping buddy who is trying to become the gov of FL.

Seems like all the advocates are recreational users who want to see it sold on every street corner. If its truely for medical use, then subscribe it through a pharmacy like all other medications.........but that would go against the true reason for amendment 2 which is eventually legal recreational use. Why dont you advocates stop hiding behind the "MEDICAL" disguise and just come out and advocate for recreational use. You would be respected more!!

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each" - Henry David Thoreau
 10/31/2014 07:57 AM

Bootydrop

Joined Forum: 05/23/2012

na bro it helps cure cancer and is a medicine man you know like tylenol and other stuff....STFU 

legalize the shit yes it CURES  a hangover but thats about it! 

10/31/2014 09:58 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: jdbman Last time....medical pot is bs. Its a ruse. a swearve tactic. It does not cure anything. It gets you stoned.

Does it cure anything no.

However, calling medical marijuana bs is ignorant. I have a family member with MS and it is a life changer for him. It kind of sucks that our family has to risk incarceration to purchase, make, and sneak pot brownies into his nursing home.

10/31/2014 10:14 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: miker
Originally posted by: jdbman Last time....medical pot is bs. Its a ruse. a swearve tactic. It does not cure anything. It gets you stoned.

However, calling medical marijuana bs is ignorant. I have a family member with MS and it is a life changer for him. It kind of sucks that our family has to risk incarceration to purchase, make, and sneak pot brownies into his nursing home.

How do you know? Could be the chocolate in the brownies or the placebo effect.

I :heart; Q
 10/31/2014 11:06 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

miker

All sympathy for your effected family. I have several similar situations. However none of mine have faced it with pot. If they choose to deal with their situation with pot, fine by me. They should not have to sneek in the brownies and be at risk to get in the slam. It should be decriminalized. But to call it viable for medical puposes proves what I have all ways thought about you there miker, you must be on the shit as well.

This is not an issue for anyone in the Medical profession to deal with. Its a mute discussion. It needs 60% tp pass, the odds are low.

Use of pot is for one reason only: to get stoned. If getting stoned somehow gives you relief from other stuff that is bothering you, then so be it.

I like cookies better than brownies anyway.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/01/2014 01:29 PM

miker

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: miker

How do you know? Could be the chocolate in the brownies or the placebo effect.

how do I know? For a lawyer, you are kind of stupid. I know because I live and breath it and seen first hand the relief it provides him. Not all brownies, cake, cookies we sneak in have chocolate. As far as placebo goes, we ruled that out long ago before deciding the risk was worth it.

11/01/2014 01:42 PM

miker

Originally posted by: jdbman
miker All sympathy for your effected family. I have several similar situations. However none of mine have faced it with pot. If they choose to deal with their situation with pot, fine by me. They should not have to sneek in the brownies and be at risk to get in the slam. It should be decriminalized. But to call it viable for medical puposes proves what I have all ways thought about you there miker, you must be on the shit as well. This is not an issue for anyone in the Medical profession to deal with. Its a mute discussion. It needs 60% tp pass, the odds are low. Use of pot is for one reason only: to get stoned. If getting stoned somehow gives you relief from other stuff that is bothering you, then so be it. I like cookies better than brownies anyway.

Saying he gets stoned from the amount he eats at a time is akin to saying the average adult male gets drunk from a single beer with dinner.

11/01/2014 03:56 PM

Bootydrop

i dont see how it will re create the mylin sheaths  that ms destroys?!? if anything the sedative effect, plus the increase in dopamine, and mixed with the placebo. but hell what ever works is up to you. we are taught in nursing school taht if it works for the clietn then god bless have a good day. all said and done if it works then it works. doctors throw meds at things in hope that it works with little evidence as to why it works not all the time but for neuro/ immune/ and oterh diseases. 

but the same arguement can be used with beer or chamomile tea for sleep problems.

11/01/2014 05:12 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Cant wait to see if Morgan and Crist have a stake in the medical weed business,e cig pot or the growing part. Time will tell

11/01/2014 06:28 PM

miker

Originally posted by: Bootydrop i dont see how it will re create the mylin sheaths  that ms destroys?!? if anything the sedative effect, plus the increase in dopamine, and mixed with the placebo. but hell what ever works is up to you. we are taught in nursing school taht if it works for the clietn then god bless have a good day. all said and done if it works then it works. doctors throw meds at things in hope that it works with little evidence as to why it works not all the time but for neuro/ immune/ and oterh diseases. 

Who said it repairs anything? It doesn't "fix" his MS but it does make living more tolerable for him. Does it really matter why? 

11/01/2014 06:46 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

11/01/2014 07:27 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

There are a lot of natural opponents to weed in general, and to medical weed in particular because of the perception (likely true) that it will eventually lead to increased access and finally decriminalized or fully legalized recreational weed.

Natural opponents: Pharmaceutical industry, alcoholic beverage industry, insurance industry. Their motive? Follow the money.

Now take it out of the hands of those people deciding based on greed, and move to people basing the decision on logic.

It is fairly harmless; likely less harmful than alcohol. (little debate on the relationship; if you are logically consistent, you would have to vote in favor of criminalizing alcohol as well.)

People were outraged (rightfully so) when the government moved to regulate and ban more vitamins and herbal supplements at health food stores. People should have the choice unless there is an overriding, serious public health/safety risk.

Medical benefits: plenty of anecdotal and some scientific evidence that natural solutions provide palliative and therapeutic relief of certain symptoms.

Shrooms for OCD, Depression, anxiety, and addictions

Coca leaf for hunger, thirst, pain, fatigue, upset stomach, altitude sickness, and more.

"Medical" weed has shown promise ("anecdotal") in alleviating symptoms of cerebral palsy, MS, epilepsy, and more. It is a well-known appetite stimulant which helps people suffering from HIV and cancer/chemotherapy (maybe even anorexia?) to eat food by the normal route, as opposed to deteriorating to the point of needing PEG tubes for feeding to obtain sufficient nutrition.

I used to know a guy who used it regularly to help suppress his tics from Tourette's Syndrome, and comfort him from the side effects of the meds prescribed for him.

jdbman said no self-respecting doc would prescribe it, but I think the first docs to do so would be those who work for Hospice. When you have a terminally ill patient who is suffering (from any disease), what harm comes from a little herbal relief? They already prescribe enough of the hard stuff in life's final phases -- stuff that messes badly with appetite, digestion, constipation, and consciousness -- that weed should be a welcome, highly recommended alternative.

From there, you open it up to more possible off-label uses, prescribed by legitimate doctors. As they discover more applications where it provides a benefit, it opens up the possibility for more scientific research. (Anecdotes often provide the impetus for controlled studies.)

Right now, paranoia has created tremendous restrictions that make it difficult to even perform basic research on medical maryjane:
http://www.scientificamerican....le/marijuana-research/
http://www.popsci.com/science/...d-scientists-study-pot
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08...-federal-law.html?_r=0

The fact that medical and recreational marijuana laws are making it into state-level elections is evidence the federal-level obstructions need to be reality-checked. (And what states-rights-loving republican/libertarian could argue that?)

The fact that the laws are making it into state-level elections via the citizen referendum process instead of the normal legislative process is evidence that state-level lawmakers are not paying much attention to the wishes of the people they supposedly represent.

Even if the medical route is a possible gateway to the the recreational end, I don't see a reason to oppose the medical use when it does have legitimate benefit with minimal risk.

Don't get me wrong: I do support criminal penalties for dangerous, hard drugs that have led to serious public health/safety issues, and I support employers being able to fire workers who show up stoned, and I support harsh penalties for driving under the influence.

But we shouldn't let minor challenges, problems we should solve, be used as excuses to deny citizens this basic liberty.
 11/01/2014 07:43 PM

jbird84

Joined Forum: 05/07/2010

I love my trees but I am so fearful that this amendment is just a facade to keep the people attached to the teat of big agrobusiness and insuarance companies.  Watch that price, that has been so consistant over the last decade, rise as "medical" product comes into the fold with its higher pricetag.  Only 5 big agrobusinesses will have rights to distribute "medicinal" weed to the regions of FL.  Why can't we just pop a seed in the earth if we want to?  Because the government will have lost control.  Only when we can provide for ourselves have we regained control.  

11/02/2014 06:35 AM

Bootydrop

okay if well what about a movemetn for medical opium that can be smoked?

11/04/2014 02:05 PM

funktion

Joined Forum: 04/25/2005

Fact VS Fiction Ummmmm...
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : MEDICAL WEED

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .