Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wind power - a waste.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/27/2014 10:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/27/2014 10:25 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

10/27/2014 02:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

early eye

Joined Forum: 01/28/2006

Not if we put a windmill on your ass...
 10/27/2014 03:25 PM

tpapablo

If anyone regards the response in the preceding post inane, you'd be right. Yet, that is what passes as intellectualism in the prog community.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 10/27/2014 03:36 PM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

I am willing and able to point out your inanities.  Just say the word.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

10/27/2014 04:09 PM

tpapablo

Have at it.

10/27/2014 04:19 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

More bullshit as normal from the class clown Tpap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_Alliance

I was right.
 10/27/2014 04:38 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

so, are you moving to the UK soon to fill them in on their local wind consistency issues? No stations in the Orkney's in that report? Blasphemy. It depends on the problem you are trying to solve as to the application of the solution. For example, I probably wouldn't get a defense attorney for real estate law issues. I could, but it might be inefficient. Wind power provides a really good solution depending on the application. Just like solar chargers are great for LED lights, cell phones, etc. The wall warts you may use have inefficiencies in translating AC to DC, and you're constantly burning energy if you leave them plugged in. Or perhaps, the more appropriate answer to a conservative is your power bill is higher because you are leaving a bunch of stuff plugged in.
 10/28/2014 10:21 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Never ceases to amaze that someone could post something from the "News" source that is without doubt the LEAST credible on the whole world wide web of internets and expect it to be believably "informative".

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/28/2014 11:19 AM

tpapablo

It's' not working progs. Like I have said a multitude of times before. Progs get everything wrong. And, thank goodness, the rest of the country has awoken to that fact. Your about to be slaughtered in the polls. Couldn't happen to a dumber group of people.

10/28/2014 12:14 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

GOP small picture oldsters surviving day to dismal day.  In their glass is pretty much empty world a hollow victory at retaking the senate will serve to bolster thier feeble witless spirits.    

10/28/2014 12:42 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves GOP small picture oldsters surviving day to dismal day.  In their glass is pretty much empty world a hollow victory at retaking the senate will serve to bolster thier feeble witless spirits.    

Don't think so. The prog hero, the PiC, has made such a horrible mess of things that he has set the prog cause back by decades. Everyone in this country, with the exception of a few particularly tenacious dolts, has seen the utter failure of prog policies up close and personal. In twenty or so years, maybe people will forget about how bad this mental midget screwed up everything and give progs another try. But not anytime soon.

10/28/2014 03:20 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: eibla Never ceases to amaze that someone could post something from the "News" source that is without doubt the LEAST credible on the whole world wide web of internets and expect it to be believably "informative".
maybe for you. some of us know better. continue,

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/28/2014 06:57 PM

pompano

sadly, no viable retort from a kook lawyer who should know his retorts. Hey, when did lawyers know about electricity anyway, in any form? aaahh, it's okay, I understand your inabilities. It is public record that the UF law school is ranked barely in the top 50 while electrical is top 20 in the nation. You gave it your best shot.
 10/30/2014 05:07 AM

tom

The OP article is correct in one aspect, it's all about storage.

But that's an engineering solution.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/march/wind-farm-energy-032014.html

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 10/30/2014 07:03 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: pompano sadly, no viable retort from a kook lawyer who should know his retorts. Hey, when did lawyers know about electricity anyway, in any form? aaahh, it's okay, I understand your inabilities. It is public record that the UF law school is ranked barely in the top 50 while electrical is top 20 in the nation. You gave it your best shot.

So happens that I got my engineering degree at UF. I took many courses related to power generation. Did not get my law degree at UF, however. So I guess I am all of that, eh?

10/30/2014 07:17 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

You have an engineering degree from UF? And you still can't comprehend Temperature charts?

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/30/2014 07:43 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: eibla You have an engineering degree from UF? And you still can't comprehend Temperature charts?

I can. That's why I can sit back and laugh at global warming cultists who still believe in this horse manure despite no warming in the last 17 years. It takes a particularly hard-headed cultist to stay with the program in light of that scientific fact. As I said in another pose, the accolytes of Jim Jones and Charles Manson would have left in droves had those two tried to foist that level of BS on their members. But their members were smarter than global warming cultists.

10/30/2014 09:56 AM

pompano

well, it's nice to know you had at least half a working brain. "Related to power generation," omg, you got a nuclear engineering degree? ee only really has the basic power course, and to push any other things as "related to power generation" in EE, well, only a lawyer would attempt to stretch it that far. It is dissappointing to me that you libel alternative energy concepts in the blanket statement as a waste when you should understand that not all solutions are global solutions. Unless you are a waste in the same sense as a lawyer for a general solutions to legal issues.
 10/30/2014 11:04 AM

tpapablo

Enough about my impeccable credentials and back to the topic. This study demonstrates that wind cannot provide reliable power generation. And it certainly cannot provide economic power generation. If you prog fruitcakes were to get your way, 3rdworldlover would get his wish of living in a 3rd world country without having to move.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .