Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any A&Ps or such out there?
Topic Summary: Long Shot
Created On: 10/24/2014 10:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/24/2014 10:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PepperDeath

Joined Forum: 09/27/2014

Long story, kind of short. I got my A&P back in May and now work for Piper, but I am not really using my schooling or certificate, and not super confident there is much opportunity to move to such a position there in a reasonable amount of time. So, this is a long shot but if anyone in the area is a private or GA mechanic or anything similar, I am offering to lend a hand,  FOR FREE! I just want to learn more, build experience and possibly put in time towards an IA before I become no longer current.

I know this is a stretch but I figured why not.

-------------------------

'Out of step' - Ian Mackaye

10/24/2014 10:13 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Can't hurt. Good luck to you.

I :heart; Q
 10/24/2014 10:25 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Most of the A & P's in Florida closed long ago. That said, they probly still have some up in GA. So... ya got THAT goin for ya.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/24/2014 06:09 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Have you tried hanging out at your local GA airport and talking with the airport rats?  Might be able to hook up with someone doing a rebuild or ??  Already having your A&P helps a lot with getting your foot in that door.

If you are in the tits-ville area there is the VAC, they are always looking for volunteers.  I know they have at least a couple of IAs who might take you under their wing. 

http://vac.clubexpress.com/content.aspx

http://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/OD?FROM=163620

If you were in the Eastern Idaho area I know a guy (IA) rebuilding an old Fairchild 24 with a super scarab warner who wouldn't mind a hand...pretty cool stuff if you are into that. 

If you you have engineering degree(s) it looks like there are some opportunities in the Melbourne airport area.  An engineer with an A&P is a good thing.

Anyway, good for you and hope you get your IA. 

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/24/2014 07:11 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: bob3000

Most of the A & P's in Florida closed long ago.

I think a Piggly Wiggly is the closest you're gonna get here.

Yes on what Bamboo said, plus a few...

Around the Melbourne Airport, you could obviously check into Embraer and Baer Air, plus FIT Aviation.

Down toward Sebastian, check into Velocity Aircraft.

See about some of the local flying clubs as well; their planes get a lot of hours, and they have to keep stuff current, and most members don't want to do the dirty work. They might even give you free, honorary membership if you service their plane.

Also check the jobs page at www.rockwellcollins.com

Most of their jobs are on the electronics side, but it's a big company, so there might be something.
 10/25/2014 08:31 AM

PepperDeath

Joined Forum: 09/27/2014

Thanks for all yalls input. Kind of bummed the VAC is many a weary mile away from Vero because that looks pretty awesome and a great learning environment. I may still try for it and drive up on the weekends or something.

And I'll definatly check into some local flying clubs, reckon the worst the can say to free (though, green) help is no.

I really do appreciate the suggestions.

'Out of step' - Ian Mackaye

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .