Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: If you REALLY want a laugh!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2014 06:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2014 07:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Rick Scott is not a fraud, he's a crook.

WG is the fraud...Rick Scott is an excellent governor so far.

The crook (and fraud) would be Charlie 'Change-up' Crist.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/16/2014 08:51 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Late to the debate, looked a jittery fool, and
then he lied about his blind trust.

When asked why he keeps his investments in a blind trust,
he claimed it was managed in a way that kept him from knowing about it,
forgot to mention the business relationships he has with the trustee,
forgot to mention his investments in companies that do business in Florida,
businesses affected by regulatory agencies that he oversees,
businesses that depend on spending he approves,
In clear violation of ethics laws that he revised with a new blind trust law.

If it looks and acts like a praying mantis...

10/16/2014 09:53 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It didn't help the governor's credibility in matters regarding state transparency laws that reporters found jarring discrepancies between his federal and state financial disclosures. The Herald's Mary Ellen Klas and Marc Caputo discovered that in 2011, for instance, Scott reported $41,891,063 more in net income to the IRS than he disclosed on his state disclosure forms. They also found that the governor has much more control than folks were led to believe about the investments in his so-called "blind trusts," where he has stashed the bulk of his fortune.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/new...42.html#storylink=cpy

10/16/2014 01:50 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

There needs to be a mandatory piss test before each debate.
 10/16/2014 07:53 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^^^ Ah yes...the obligatory conservatic attempt at insult instead of admitting the truth of the matter. Rick Scott had no business as governor in the first place. Brain washed conservatics are immune to the truth. Nice selfie BTW sniper...glad to see you're still doing the pilates!

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/17/2014 04:53 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: eibla

^^^^^ Ah yes...the obligatory conservatic attempt at insult instead of admitting the truth of the matter. Rick Scott had no business as governor in the first place. Brain washed conservatics are immune to the truth.

Truth?
Really?
No business as governor?
He was elected.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/17/2014 06:03 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: eibla ^^^^^ Ah yes...the obligatory conservatic attempt at insult instead of admitting the truth of the matter....

The "truth of the matter" is that John Morgan and his old frat brothers aka The Mint Julep Millionaire Boys would love to run for office themselves but they have entirely too many skeletons in their closets to consider running for dog catcher, so they needed to find the cheapest whore of a politician that they could. They found that in Charlie Crist and that is what you are voting for, John Morgan and the Mint Julep Millionaire Boys' slut.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/17/2014 08:43 AM

Central Floridave

Colbert: Fangate Really Blew For 'Python On Ecstasy' Rick Scott (VIDEO)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/l...rt-rick-scott-fangate

10/17/2014 09:01 AM

Barneysfrank

Joined Forum: 10/14/2014

I loathe liberals and anything resembling a democrat as much as humanely possilbe, but Rick Scott needs to go and should never had been. 

He's a welfare queen with the density of a nuetron star--- the omega democrat. He very existence gives the Eiblas of the world meaning and validates their flawed outlook. He craps in the face of republican fanbois and they predictably eat it up. 

If one of you steals a penny from Uncle Sam you'll do time-- but you'll vote for someone who's stolen billions. This guy is literally worse than Madoff but since he used your money to pay for his legal defense it seems like you feel you've got a stake in the matter. Honestly I pity you and weep for America.

Two Finger Ring 

10/17/2014 09:11 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Scott gave away hundreds of millions to corporations with no strings attached and Crist is the puppet?

I was right.
 10/17/2014 10:11 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

It is rumored that if John Morgan, or any one of the Mint Julep Millionaire Boys, merely mentions the idea of their balls getting heavy that Charlie Crist has been trained to immediately drop to his knees and use a moist towelet to clean his chin, in an effort to give them a place to rest and cool off, said balls.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/17/2014 08:16 PM

eibla

Originally posted by: Barneysfrank

I loathe liberals and anything resembling a democrat as much as humanely possilbe, but Rick Scott needs to go and should never had been. 

He's a welfare queen with the density of a nuetron star--- the omega democrat. He very existence gives the Eiblas of the world meaning and validates their flawed outlook. He craps in the face of republican fanbois and they predictably eat it up. 

If one of you steals a penny from Uncle Sam you'll do time-- but you'll vote for someone who's stolen billions. This guy is literally worse than Madoff but since he used your money to pay for his legal defense it seems like you feel you've got a stake in the matter. Honestly I pity you and weep for America.

"Flawed" outlook? It's NEVER occurred to you to peel back the onion to the core of the serious problems in this country to rightfully discover they were Republican policies in there? War justified by falsehoods, allowing the introduction in our banking system of scurrilous financial instruments, slashing education budget while raising tuitions, giving Corporations unfettered ability to buy elected officials thru campaign contributions. Yeah...those things are all the fault of us Libruls! Some right wing marketing expert plants a story in some Conservo rag like the WASHINGTON Times some anecdotal story about a "Welfare Queen" and conservatic knuckledraggers and they paint all working poor in a negative color. You support Conservatic policies and all you're doing is: "... engaging in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/18/2014 07:59 AM

Barneysfrank

I've gazed upon the very core of the onion, my venerable friend. Unfortunately, the topics we discuss on the particular forum are relegated to the confines of what's acceptable within the framework of the  MSM's narrative. 

Wanting to keep the produce of his labor does not a selfish man make, nor does voting to give another's money to the less fortunate make you more generous. I'm an individualist- I believe charity should be given voluntarily and not under threat of Federal prison time. I think parents should be responsible for financing thier own children's education, if you education is underfinanced (libruls know money will fix anything), give your own money to see that goal accomplished and encourage like minded folks to do so- don't claim the moral high ground for voting for others to do it.  I may be dense, but I'm wise enough to know that any tax increase doesn't fall on those wealthy enough to afford a team of tax attorneys. 

We can agree that Rick Scott is a criminal and anyone who'd willingly support him is a scoundrel. Where we differ is in thinking a democrat would fix the problem. I'd hate to be an enabler, so I can't vote democrat in good conscious. 

Two Finger Ring 

10/18/2014 06:07 PM

eibla

Thank you for the dissertation in justifying your personal choice to be greedy. What is the MSM anyway? Breitbart? The Nation? ISJ? Fox? CNN? And I suppose the pretty much accurate figures that 90% of the nations wealth is in the hands of 5% of the population is what? BS? Middle Class parents CAN NOT AFFORD their child's college education. So what then? We let bright, gifted kids, who happen to be from a poor family no hope for continuing their education and better their lives? This unquestionably leads to a Nation of frustrated young individuals who do stupid crap when their backs are against the wall. While you might be the most generous dood in the country giving to those you perceive as worthy, you personally just don't have the resources to understand, much less determine, who does or who does not deserve financial help in the grand scale that is our Nation. Dem's are not without sin, that's a no brainer, but they do have a history of throwing the working man a bone every once in awhile, something that can't be said for the GOP. Oh they LIKE working people, to work for them at the lowest wage possible.

John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/18/2014 10:24 PM

Barneysfrank

Again, I reiterate, wanting to keep the money you make does not make you greedy. Wanting other people's money for no other reason than existing does make you greedy, and also entitlted. 

The College Education Bubble exists primarily because people like you insists on government backed loans and the idea that everyone needs a college education to be succesful, despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary. This policy (while well intentioned) is the reason a bachelor's degree has become devalued, if not totally worthless. But as long as the publically back loans are given out with respect to the individuals ability, the institutions will charge whatever they like. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

I've never endorsed  a single Republican candidate to any office at any level. The idea that "if not a, then b' in American politics is the reason the USA is gonna keep circling the drain. Both of the viable political parties in the US line their pockets at your expense, neither has anyone's best interests in mind (save a very select few), yet they each have thier respective tunes they humm along to to call you dweebs back to the ballot box every election. 

I believe wealth earned through labor is rightfully yours do with as you please. Any attempt to legistate 'equality' will end in disaster. Voluntary transactions are fundamentally better than a mandate, and as such, if someone agrees to work for a low wage, a low wage is what they should deserve. If they think they can do it better they're 100% free to go out and pay people X amount of money and turn a profit. No mandate required. 

Two Finger Ring 

10/19/2014 06:33 AM

eibla

That Libertarian/Republican philosophy is so full of holes I don't even know where to begin! Want to talk about greed? Let's start with Walmart. Their wages are so low that a large percentage of FULL TIME employees collect food stamps! These people aren't lazy but because they only have a high school education (that you seem to value on near equal footing as a bachelors degree...what!? A whole other topic) NEED, not WANT food assistance. What should they do? Start growing vegetable gardens in their low rent apt complex's?

Can't further expound. There's waves!

John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/19/2014 07:16 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Greed and selfishness have become virtues in this phase of late stage capitalism.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/19/2014 08:50 PM

Barneysfrank

Originally posted by: eibla That Libertarian/Republican philosophy is so full of holes I don't even know where to begin! Want to talk about greed? Let's start with Walmart. Their wages are so low that a large percentage of FULL TIME employees collect food stamps! These people aren't lazy but because they only have a high school education (that you seem to value on near equal footing as a bachelors degree...what!? A whole other topic) NEED, not WANT food assistance. What should they do? Start growing vegetable gardens in their low rent apt complex's? Can't further expound. There's waves!

[sarc] Compelling argument [/sarc]

Walmart pays above the government mandated minimum wage, and their employees work their VOLUNTARILY. Walmart is not slave labor, but a mutual agreement entered into by willing parties. Sure, maybe the uneducated dope addict expects and feels entitled to a certain wage for a job that could be done by a machine, despite having knowlingly signed up for a given wage, somehow in bizarro liberal world that is unfair. However, when the that same dope addled stockboy works his way up to Assistant Director of International Marketing, then suddenly he owes all the other flunkies something because they failed to advance.

The point is that free choice is superior to coercion, and that equal opportunities do not result in equal outcomes, no matter how much you'd like that to be the case. The cream will always rise do the top, and there's no amount of legislation that you can pass to stop this from happening. Walmart has 2.1 million employees, if they were to raise the salary of every employee to $15 per hour, they start losing money within a year. If they raised prices to compensate, they'd lose their marketing position as a price leader, further exacerbating the situation, and their customers would stop coming.  And then your stockboy friend would have no job at all, rather than just a bad one. I do not expect a company to lose money simply because it makes you feel good inside. 

You still have free choice in this scenario. Start shopping at Costco and ecourage others to do the same. Forcing Walmart to pay whatever amount of money feels good to you through legislation is morally wrong and outside the scope of goverment, in my opinion. Excercise you're right as a consumer to boycott places that you object to, rather than forcing the government do your bidding because 51% of people agree with you. 

Expecting other people to give you the money they worked for is greedy. Wanting to keep your own money is just good sense. 

Two Finger Ring 

10/20/2014 04:38 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

So I guess it makes you sleep better at night to call Walmart or other low wage job workers dope addicts. I remember when conservatives at least pretended to appreciate actual work.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/20/2014 05:14 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

So I guess it makes you sleep better at night to call Walmart or other low wage job workers dope addicts. I remember when conservatives at least pretended to appreciate actual work.

Yeah, you definitely sound like a bammy progressive, knowing his statement was not literal and did not include all employees, only those who think others owe you.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : If you REALLY want a laugh!

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .