Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: BREAKING: Man in Dallas, TX Confirmed to Have Ebola - First Case in USA
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/30/2014 03:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/01/2014 02:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Tspank somehow bringing race in to this. Shocker there.

The United States (which is composed of all races) has the resources and isolation here to combat a virus spread the way ebola is. Daner is right in the reason it is spreading so fast in Africa. People with ebola are cared for at home and with the release of bodily fluids chance of infection is high.

Sooooo....then how did that doctor that was treated here get it? He KNOWS how it is transmitted! (supposedly).

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/02/2014 06:14 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

It's all about "race" now. There is an "across the board" gag order at the CDC/NIH so that any of those that really know what's going on do not say anything that would "disparage" Africa. Even though it is widely known within those organizations that it is a cluster fuck in Africa right now. There are those "in the know" that want to stress that the "Texas case" should never have been alowed into the USA. But they have been told to shut their mouths because of other, overriding, "political" views.

Dora Hates You
 10/02/2014 06:23 PM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

Here's something that we can't control the spread of.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

10/02/2014 07:26 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: daner "CDC continues to work with reduced financial resources, which similarly affects state, local, and insular public health departments. ... These losses make it difficult for state and local health departments to continue to expand their preparedness capabilities, instead forcing them to focus on maintaining their current capabilities," the CDC warned in a report this year.

And it would be ALOT less if Paul Ryan had his way!

That's what I said, the PiC has decimated it, like he has the military.

Apr 10, 2013 (CIDRAP News) - The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) takes a hit of about $270 million in the Obama administration's proposed fiscal year 2014 budget, including significant cuts to biodefense and emergency preparedness programs, officials revealed today.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2013/04/cdc-preparedness-funds-take-hit-proposed-2014-budget

">http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news...d-2014-budget

And the rest of the dems haven't helped a bit. Instead of putting money into useful programs, they have been advocating stupid crap like this:

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/23919-democrats-push-to-restart-cdc-funding-for-gun-violence-research

">http://www.truth-out.org/news/...ce-research

[/q

Care to opine why the funding was cut from the CDC to analyze data on gunshot casualties to begin with Tpap? Or shall I once again educate you?

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/03/2014 05:36 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Remember a month ago when forumers told us to relax because this was Africa's problem?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/03/2014 07:04 AM

scombrid

I'm finding it interesting to watch the response of the Alex Jones/Glenn Beck type conspiracy believers. These people think that Sandy Hook shooting was a "false flag" or flat out hoax (central Florida resident Wolfgang Halbic was just on Alex Jones radio show this week stating as much) meant to help the government take away guns. They think that H1N1 was a hoax scare to force people into mind control vaccination programs/marshall law/fema camps. Many of them think that vaccination in general is some kind of government mind control plot or plot by big pharma to make people into sickly compliant sheeple.  Early rumblings were that the Ebola stuff was hoax too. Now those same groups are calling for an all our travel ban pretty much quarranteening by force an entire continent. They've flipped to embracing the reality of the Ebola epidemice.

Although I'm sure their acceptance of the reality of the Ebola virus will trip on down conspiracy lane and they'll soon declare that Ebola was created in a lab in Maryland and tested a few times in Africa and this outbreak is the roll out of the master plan now that the virus has been perfected.

10/03/2014 07:10 AM

scombrid

That thread is opened with Tpapablo claiming that Ebola was going to cross the border with illegals.

On down the page Cole sarcastically made a point that Tpapablo was missing the big picture that our globe trotting population was a likely source of future domestic contamination.

How did ebola arrive in the US?

I also don't see in the first couple of pages anyone claiming that ebola wouldn't show up in the US.

The first two pages do reveal an odd fetish you people have with the illegals coming across the border being a sure source of all many of epidemics without any realization that all those airplanes hauling legal visitors are more likely sources of cross-continental contamination.

10/03/2014 07:25 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yep, once again I called it. And, once again, the progs were dead wrong. You would think that even people as stupid as progs would start to listen after being shamed so often. But, nope, they just continue to be humiliated by me.

I :heart; Q
 10/03/2014 07:29 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

WE'RE humiliated!? You throw out something from Breitbart, it's veracity gets torn to shreds within minutes, you can't admit it...and we're humiliated? No wonder I've started calling you Conservatics, half Conservative and half lunatic.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/03/2014 07:29 AM

scombrid

Rustytruck posted:

Ebola is big news because it's "scary". We love horror movies, and watch too many zombie programs on TV.

Ebola is dangerous, but quite manageable and much less dangerous than the loss of effective antibiotic treatments against bacterial infections.

Ebola has a pretty short incubation period, and that makes it fairly easy to isolate.

That doesn't look like "relax ebola is Africa's problem". 

10/03/2014 07:32 AM

scombrid

Yep, once again I called it.

You said it was coming across the southern border with an illegal.

Cole said it was coming on a passenger flight from abroad.

You lose.

10/03/2014 07:39 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid
Rustytruck posted: Ebola is big news because it's "scary". We love horror movies, and watch too many zombie programs on TV. Ebola is dangerous, but quite manageable and much less dangerous than the loss of effective antibiotic treatments against bacterial infections. Ebola has a pretty short incubation period, and that makes it fairly easy to isolate.
That doesn't look like "relax ebola is Africa's problem". 

I could post more examples from different people but this one pretty much proves my point:

Originally posted by: WG
it's gonna be bad, but it's an Africa problem.
poor public health systems,
in other words,
not enough government.

So sad to think that this all could have been prevented if there were only more beurocrats in Africa. Sigh.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 10/03/2014 at 07:58 AM by Sniper
 10/03/2014 07:50 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid

Yep, once again I called it.

You said it was coming across the southern border with an illegal.

Cole said it was coming on a passenger flight from abroad.

You lose.

Oh, it will. But that is not what I said. Since I am dealing with progs, let me speak simply. I was pointing out that the PiC was knowingly exposing us to this disease to further his idiotic agenda. And it has happened.

10/03/2014 08:18 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: eibla No wonder I've started calling you Conservatics, half Conservative and half lunatic.
and that's a cute tactic and all, but it's not going to take...1/5

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/03/2014 08:28 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I don't care if we have the best facilities in the world and the death rate will be low compared to Africa because of it. That shit gets loose here and it will be hell to pay litterally and figuratively.The A hole lied about coming in contact with an infected person and his relatives didn't observe their quarantine.

I said it before the areas in Africa that are infected should be totally quarantened. We think our annual flu is bad...There should be nobody let out of those countries until they have gone through an observation period.

The zombie apocolypse is right around the corner.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/03/2014 08:39 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo the PiC was knowingly exposing us to this disease to further his idiotic agenda.

That's pretty diabolical.

Is he spraying us with chemtrails too and controlling the weather with HAARP?

10/03/2014 08:49 AM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

Ebola is not a problem here.  It's a media hype boon!

EVERYTHING you read and see says it's going to be contained here; no problem.  You seeing something different?  No.  You aren't.  

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

10/03/2014 08:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: daner I don't care if we have the best facilities in the world and the death rate will be low compared to Africa because of it. That shit gets loose here and it will be hell to pay litterally and figuratively.The A hole lied about coming in contact with an infected person and his relatives didn't observe their quarantine.

I said it before the areas in Africa that are infected should be totally quarantened. We think our annual flu is bad...There should be nobody let out of those countries until they have gone through an observation period.

The zombie apocolypse is right around the corner.

The problem is that this is very predictable. If you are an African who has been exposed to this disease, you know that you can easily get into the U.S. and get the best medical care in the world for free. The alternative is almost a death sentence. This guy was acting rationally. The PiC, on the other hand, is not.

10/03/2014 09:04 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: danerThe A hole lied about coming in contact with an infected person and his relatives didn't observe their quarantine.

You mean people can't be trusted to do the right thing and must occassionally be forced by the government to behave a certain way in order to protect public health? 

Shit, that's why The Reptilians deliberately imported Ebola into the US isn't it?  So Obama can stop the November election in the name of public safety.

What if one of those idiot Muslims from Africa decides that God will protect him from Ebola (since religious people trust superstition more than science and probably don't believe in viruses anyway) and ignores Saudi Arabia's travel ban and takes his infected ass to Mecca for Haj? That' will be a dang mess.

10/03/2014 09:06 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: TeeBirdTim Ebola is not a problem here.  It's a media hype boon!

EVERYTHING you read and see says it's going to be contained here; no problem.  You seeing something different?  No.  You aren't.  

I'm seeing fuck up at every level in response to this HERE! From the Feds, to the hospital, to enforcing the quarantine of people exposed. Just like in Africa it won't be taken seriously until it is an emergency situation.

What have you seen that gives you confidence we can deal with it?

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .