Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: There is no limit to stupid in the PiC's administration.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/30/2014 11:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/30/2014 11:23 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

He is going to ban federal agents from profiling by religion in terror probes!

Now, we have become acclimated to idiotic decisions coming from this piece of crap, but this one stands out. So, we cannot investigate muslim groups in terror investigations? These people are going get us killed. I sincerely hope that those who get killed as a result are progs. Then, at least, there would be some karmic justice

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/092914-719464-holder-to-ban-islamic-profiling-in-islamic-terror-probes.htm

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 09/30/2014 12:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

FBI agents won't be allowed to conduct undercover surveillance of a mosque without evidence that criminal activity is underway.

Put that way sounds more sensible than your portrayal of the policy.

If agents are just spying on Muslims willy nilly because they are Muslims and all Muslims are suspect, which is what your article advocates, then agents are just on a witch hunt which will increase the likelihood of their missing real threats. 

09/30/2014 12:10 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Yes they should be watching those terrorists camps (Catholic Church) and the VFW instead!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/30/2014 12:45 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid
FBI agents won't be allowed to conduct undercover surveillance of a mosque without evidence that criminal activity is underway.

Put that way sounds more sensible than your portrayal of the policy.

If agents are just spying on Muslims willy nilly because they are Muslims and all Muslims are suspect, which is what your article advocates, then agents are just on a witch hunt which will increase the likelihood of their missing real threats. 

No it doesn't sound more sensible. That's like saying you cannot conduct undercover investigations into drug dealing where the drug dealers hang out (or, more accurately, at drug dealer schools, as we know for an absolute fact that these mosques are developing terrorists.). What is left unsaid about the policy is that it is forcing cops to conduct undercover investigations into drug dealing only where there are no drug dealers. And, of course, now that mosques know they are immune, that is exactly where the terrorists will go. In essence, this fool announced to terrorists that they have a free zone in which to plot. If, for example, the cops announced that they would no longer patrol i-95 in Brevard County, people are going to speed their asses off, me included.

09/30/2014 12:51 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

If you want to turn innocent people against the government then start harrasing them for their religion, color or other characteristic. Think (I know that is asking alot)  about how that comes across when the FBI is found spying on innocent people.

There has to be some indication of wrong doing to warrent undercover investigations.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/30/2014 01:07 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: daner If you want to turn innocent people against the government then start harrasing them for their religion, color or other characteristic. Think (I know that is asking alot)  about how that comes across when the FBI is found spying on innocent people.

There has to be some indication of wrong doing to warrent undercover investigations.

Oh, like the IRS screwing with conservatives who weren't doing anything wrong? So that is no problem, but no way can we investigate people who are trying to kill our citizens and destroy our society? You people are flat out nuts. And, remember, the Patriot Act specifically allows such things. Moreover, if mosques did not want to be investigated, they shouldn't allow these jackals in their mosques.

Let me say this. These assholes are going to strike here. The PiC's idiotic policies all but guarantee that. They can stroll across the border without a care in the world, go straight to the nearest mosque and hatch their plot without any chance of detection, and then carry it out. When that happens, I am going to put the blame squarely on you people for voting for this imbecile and for blindly supporting his insane policies. I'll do that knowing full well that you people will call me an insensitive prick for playing politics with a tragedy. But it will be you that have blood on your hands and you will deserve much worse than my scolding. Remember this post when you see the topic, "You progs just got XXX of our citizens murdered."

09/30/2014 01:12 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

We could put them in camps until the war's over. They would understand...

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/30/2014 01:17 PM

tpapablo

Has anyone said anything about putting them in concentration camps?

I guarantee you one thing though, if FDR had announced that he had instructed his agencies to not look for spies/sabateurs in Japanese or German communities, every single American would have thought he was completely crazy.

09/30/2014 01:17 PM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Rusty and others, this is not the same, not even close to the Japanese during WWII. You're going way too far.
What about NSA, can they still spy on us/ Americans? Is he doing anything about that? Hell no!
How about IRS? Nope!
How about Texas? Not terrorism.... workplace violence.
How about Oklahoma? No terrorism.... just workplace violence
He's a muslim sympathizer, at the least.

09/30/2014 01:18 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo
 That's like saying you cannot conduct undercover investigations into drug dealing where the drug dealers hang out
Really?

That seems more like saying that you should limit your investigations/surveillance to known hang outs.
Or is Tpapablo et al. telling us that ALL mosques are known criminal hang outs and we/our government should have all muslims under surveillance?  Sure seems that way Tpapablo.

And, of course, now that mosques know they are immune,
I don't see any immunity specified in the article you quoted.

09/30/2014 01:20 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

There is nothing wrong with anyone being a Muslim sympathizer.

Patriot Act allows survellience of domestics but it still requires evidence of wrong doing to carry it out.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/30/2014 01:34 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid

That's like saying you cannot conduct undercover investigations into drug dealing where the drug dealers hang out
Really?
That seems more like saying that you should limit your investigations/surveillance to known hang outs.
Or is Tpapablo et al. telling us that ALL mosques are known criminal hang outs and we/our government should have all muslims under surveillance?  Sure seems that way Tpapablo.
  And, of course, now that mosques know they are immune,
I don't see any immunity specified in the article you quoted.

The very purpose of undercover surveillance is collect evidence of a crime. They can conduct undercover surveillance on you without evidence of a crime. Completely constitutional. And it is ompletely constitutional to conduct surveillance on Muslims or mosques. This adminstration just isn't allowing the authorities to do it.

09/30/2014 02:50 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Has anyone said anything about putting them in concentration camps?

I guarantee you one thing though, if FDR had announced that he had instructed his agencies to not look for spies/sabateurs in Japanese or German communities, every single American would have thought he was completely crazy.

"Spy" might imply something is not known as a publicly acknowledged government policy.

Get my drift?

There are how many billions of Muslims in the world? It's in our best interest to not make this about religion, and to make it clear no one will be singled out as a matter of public policy. They're monitoring all of us anyway.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/01/2014 11:17 AM

tpapablo

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .