Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: not a good trend
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/26/2014 09:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/27/2014 04:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Sitting on your A$$ and pounding a keyboard--now that's hard work!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/27/2014 06:04 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Is the accumulation of investment income work? I bet you won't find too many "workers" in that to ten percent.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/27/2014 08:10 AM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

I don't claim to be rich through hard work do I?  I work; I get paid.  Some people work harder and get paid less.  Some fuck around and get paid more.  Do you understand anything?

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Edited: 09/27/2014 at 08:17 AM by TeeBirdTim
 09/28/2014 12:56 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: PROG Hard working?  That's all it takes to get rich?  So why aren't most firemen, cops, teachers, soldiers, landscapers all living in the nicest part of town?  Seems more like desk jockeys at banks and law firms are more likely to live in a big house but least likely to sweat.  Me thinks that hard work can lead to wealth but that inheriting it is more the norm than the exception.  Are we to assume that the middle class and the poor are all slackers?  

Alot of people are not rich because they live or lived above their means, trying to project affluence. Then alot get divorced and that kicks them, then they have kids, braces, house payment, college assistance, and now they are working stiffs. Saving and investment is a good thing to teach your kids early. They will thank you in their 30s and 4os. Live within your means and be successful by being a good parent and spouse, you will be richer for that, than having a $$$ heartache by chasing it or losing it.

09/28/2014 01:35 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo I told everyone on here that this would happen. If you didn't want it, you should not have voted for the guy. But you did anyway. So pat yourselves on the back for screwing the lower and middle class. You may also pat yourself on the back for further enriching folks like me, just like I said it would.

Can you point to specific Romney policies that would reverse that graph?

Was it his proposal to eliminate capital gains tax all together?  Sure that would have done it, right?

09/28/2014 01:38 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Are you asserting Mitt would have decelerated the transition?  Nuts. 

He's asserting that but don't mistake his assertion as a reflection of his belief.

He is hoping that the Ograbac bloc will believe him and vote accordingly because he stands to benefit personally if the current trend is accellerated. 

Lawyers are always talking out of both sides of their mouths.

09/28/2014 01:55 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: PROG Hard working?  That's all it takes to get rich?  So why aren't most firemen, cops, teachers, soldiers, landscapers all living in the nicest part of town?  Seems more like desk jockeys at banks and law firms are more likely to live in a big house but least likely to sweat.  Me thinks that hard work can lead to wealth but that inheriting it is more the norm than the exception.  Are we to assume that the middle class and the poor are all slackers?  

Alot of people are not rich because they live or lived above their means, trying to project affluence. Then alot get divorced and that kicks them, then they have kids, braces, house payment, college assistance, and now they are working stiffs. Saving and investment is a good thing to teach your kids early. They will thank you in their 30s and 4os. Live within your means and be successful by being a good parent and spouse, you will be richer for that, than having a $$$ heartache by chasing it or losing it.

Smartest thing you've posted so far.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/28/2014 06:31 PM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Name me any normal Joe who ever got "rich" working for someone else? (Fireman, police, electrical engineer, nurse) Now, working for yourself, (your own company) yes, you can get rich that way if you have the ability (Woodman, Gates, Schultz, etc). And then, a lot of it is also timing and luck.
 09/29/2014 01:30 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Somehow I don't think "Trickle Down Econdumbics" will bridge the gap.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/29/2014 01:39 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: daner Somehow I don't think "Trickle Down Econdumbics" will bridge the gap.

Whatever it is that the PiC hasn't come close to the recovery brought on by Reagan's policies. History teaches us that Reagan was right and you are wrong.

I :heart; Q
 09/29/2014 05:00 PM

RustyTruck

Reagan the senile big government spender? I told you that simple minds love cowboys.

09/29/2014 06:53 PM

JBSURF

Joined Forum: 10/11/2004

I know one thing we can all agree on, some a bit more than others here, but pretty sure that..... we all (us surfers) if we had put all the blood sweat and tears into making money like we have catching waves we`d all be wealthy beyond our dreams...

We get up early, endure pain, sunburn, study weather maps, search travel sites, drive, fly, paddle hours and hours just to do what we love,,, Surf!! Let alone all the things we`ve blown off, missed work, school, screwed up relationships, gone above and beyond just to score,,,, you get the point...

This doesnt include all the time,effort,thought and everything it took chasing chicks and partying... Thats a whole lot of effort that could have led to great success and wealth, agreed?

Comes down to what you really want, party-on, hear theres gonna be surf in the morning

Screw the top ten

I've decided to accept the fact - I'll always be a big kid!
 09/30/2014 05:34 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: JBSURF

I know one thing we can all agree on, some a bit more than others here, but pretty sure that..... we all (us surfers) if we had put all the blood sweat and tears into making money like we have catching waves we`d all be wealthy beyond our dreams...

We get up early, endure pain, sunburn, study weather maps, search travel sites, drive, fly, paddle hours and hours just to do what we love,,, Surf!! Let alone all the things we`ve blown off, missed work, school, screwed up relationships, gone above and beyond just to score,,,, you get the point...

This doesnt include all the time,effort,thought and everything it took chasing chicks and partying... Thats a whole lot of effort that could have led to great success and wealth, agreed?

Comes down to what you really want, party-on, hear theres gonna be surf in the morning[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Screw the top ten

Totally agree.
 09/30/2014 06:28 AM

daner

Originally posted by: sirfir
Originally posted by: JBSURF I know one thing we can all agree on, some a bit more than others here, but pretty sure that..... we all (us surfers) if we had put all the blood sweat and tears into making money like we have catching waves we`d all be wealthy beyond our dreams... We get up early, endure pain, sunburn, study weather maps, search travel sites, drive, fly, paddle hours and hours just to do what we love,,, Surf!! Let alone all the things we`ve blown off, missed work, school, screwed up relationships, gone above and beyond just to score,,,, you get the point... This doesnt include all the time,effort,thought and everything it took chasing chicks and partying... Thats a whole lot of effort that could have led to great success and wealth, agreed? Comes down to what you really want, party-on, hear theres gonna be surf in the morning[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] Screw the top ten
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer.gif" border="0[/IMG] Totally agree.

On the other hand a little balance is a good thing. I've seen too many kids screw off school so they can surf, after high school take a low paying, low skill job so they can surf and then they are headed to the bottom 10% which isn't good either.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/30/2014 07:30 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Reagan the senile big government spender? I told you that simple minds love cowboys.

Well the senile guy's policies blew away those of the "most intelligent president in history [haha]!" so far as economic growth is concerned. Spent a fraction of what the PiC has spent. Give me a senile big gov't spender any day over this abominable ass.

I :heart; Q
 09/30/2014 08:18 AM

eibla

^^^^^ TO bad the facts themselves don't bear that out Tpap. Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing. But like I said before, Conservo Republicans have no ideas except to sit around a boiling cauldron throwing in locks of Regan's hair and Palin's eyelashes.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 09/30/2014 08:43 AM

daner

“What’s now clear is that the Obama administration policies have outperformed the Reagan administration policies for job creation and unemployment reduction.  Even though Reagan had the benefit of a growing Boomer class to ignite economic growth, while Obama has been forced to deal with a retiring workforce developing special needs. During the eight years preceding Obama there was a net reduction in jobs in America.  We now are rapidly moving toward higher, sustainable jobs growth.”

Nice!

09/30/2014 08:50 AM

eibla

Yeah it is nice. It also further proves that conservatics like Tpap don't know what the F they're talking about.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith

Edited: 09/30/2014 at 09:40 AM by eibla
 09/30/2014 09:23 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The point the chart attempts to make is that fewer ( by %) Americans are participating in the American Dream of wealth creation.

My great grandfather worked for the railroad for 20 years, got a gold watch ( that I have) and retired on a pension. My grandfather, after getting out of the Army, worked for the same company for 20 years, retired and started his own business. My father after getting out of the Air Force, got a BA degree, and went to work for my grandfathers business. My father in law worked for the US Govt. for 30 years retired at 55 and has lived on a pension fo 30 years.

As for me, I worked for the same company for 18 years, basically retired, and then got into the Financial Services/ Investment Management business.

The basic premise was that to get the Dream and join the middle class, you worked for the same company for a long time retired with a pension along with Social Security.

Enter the 21st century. Things have changed. The cheese got moved. Now days, its increasingly rare that people work for the same company for a long time. Stuff just changes so much. Look at the changes in Aero / Space/ Defense in Brevard County over the last 50 years or so. The word "pension" is pretty much out of the vocabulary. Its pretty much DB or DC plan ( 401K) or similar.

Some one else mentioned the way to get the " American Dream " Its called entreprenuer. You gotta get in the game going forward. Just going to work 9-5 M-F and collecting a wage or salary does not work. You have to get a piece of the pie. At the most fundamental level people like waitresses and pole dancers understand this. The concept is that you work for yourself and get compensated based on the work you do. Not what a company/govt pays you. You have to get in position to get a commision or bonus or an equity stake. Certainly this is more risky than just earning a wage. I have had many ups and downs, but if you have confidence in yourself and enough nad to make it happen, this is how you move up on that chart.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 09/30/2014 09:59 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

You didnt build that, remember that? I agree with your suppositions  but you lost 3/4 of the libs with entreprenurial. They are robots who do what they are told, how to vote, what insurance to get, what amount of subsidy they qualify for. on and on, The only way this economy will robustly emerge is for allowing people to be entreprenurial. The only problem is that the ones in charge don't want that; they lose power over the massess

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : not a good trend

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .