Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The warming thing again
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/23/2014 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/23/2014 11:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: moosejaw

Science is in fact a religion, just listen to some of our resident zealots. 

And why don't the environmentally minded D's attack things like GMO, and weather modification which destroys God's perfection?  Instead you are going to go after carbon dioxide

? One of the key components to life on Earth?  

yes, it sure is one of them
energy, warmth also

No doubt about it.
As she retains more energy in the atmosphere and ocean, The Earth is going to be teaming with ever more and more life.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/24/2014 04:21 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"It just seems to us it's a pretty simple story," Mantua said. "Yet it's going to take people by surprise, because it is ingrained in our minds that if the climate warms up in the course of the century, it's probably because of global warming, the increase in the concentration of greenhouse gases and other things humans have done that have pushed it in a warming direction."

..or it's actually man made global warming.

The Earth doesn't randomly warm up, there are reasons and we now understand what those reasons are through the Scientific Method.

I was right.
 09/24/2014 05:01 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Tell that to the dinosaurs

09/24/2014 05:07 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

I don't recall any meteor strikes as of late?

or increased solar activity.

or increased volcanic eruptions.

I was right.
 09/24/2014 05:19 AM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

Weather modification.

LMFAO.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

09/24/2014 05:21 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"Tell that to the dinosaurs"

Um, I think that's what they're trying to do here...

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/24/2014 05:47 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

I don't recall any meteor strikes as of late?

or increased solar activity.

or increased volcanic eruptions.

Unbeknownst to most, the earth has been warming since the last ice age, along with rising seas. Did you also know, it can take a year or more after a volcanic eruption to fully change the atmosphere. Volcanic eruptions also change the carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere over time and still much faster than humans can.

Edited: 09/24/2014 at 05:58 AM by sirfir
 09/24/2014 05:50 AM

johnnyboy

Tom, you are my nominee for quote of the year. Well done, sir, well done.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/24/2014 05:56 AM

TeeBirdTim

Unbeknownst to most, the earth has been warming since the last ice age, along with rising seas. Did you also know, it can take a year or more after a volcanic eruption to change the atmosphere. Volcanic eruptions also change the carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere over time and still much faster than humans can.

Once again sirfer pegs the full-o-crapometer.

09/24/2014 06:08 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: TeeBirdTim

Unbeknownst to most, the earth has been warming since the last ice age, along with rising seas. Did you also know, it can take a year or more after a volcanic eruption to change the atmosphere. Volcanic eruptions also change the carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere over time and still much faster than humans can.

So you are saying volcanos do not emit tons of carbon dioxide and earth has not been warming since the last ice age and seas have not risen from the last ice age either?

Sure, you're real bright.

Mike Reagan: Our weather experts don't seem to be able to accurately predict the weather a few hours hence - and we are going to let them determine our economic policy because of their notions of global warming? (edit)
 09/24/2014 06:28 AM

TeeBirdTim

Those things are all utterly irrelevant.  Check the carbon level since the last era btw ice ages.  I may not be bright, but I'm not your fringe nutjob.  Dude, you are seriously beyond repair based on the posts I have read.

Weather vs. climate.  Start there buster.

09/24/2014 07:24 AM

tpapablo

I see the luddite cultists have tried to take advantage of my absence by spewing a bunch of nothingness. A scientific study comes out, the cultists reject it out of hand, and then accuse those who point out that the study further calls into question the global warming theory of being "anti-science." Only a cultist could be that much out of touch with reality.

I :heart; Q
 09/24/2014 07:34 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Those "signs of a cult" read like the traits of teabaggers and conservo freaks to me. I think you conservo freaks are in a cult because of bush and racism.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 09/24/2014 09:59 AM

Cole

All volcanic eruptions combined aren't even a drop in the bucket when compared to Man's influence.

Seriously, why don't you people look this stuff up before posting? Do you enjoy looking foolish?

I was right.
 09/24/2014 02:09 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: TeeBirdTim

It's the dumbfuck-o-meter.

How many times is he going to repeat the canard that volcanic emissions trump human emissions?

I mean volcanic emissions can swamp everything but they haven't recently, like in a really long time. 

El Rushbo made the same volcano argument for sulfur dioxide back when cap and trade was coming down the pipe for sulfur emissions.  He updates his speel every time there's a notable eruption, says something like "The eruption of Mt. Pinatubo released more XXX gas in one shot than man has in all of human history".  It's total bullshit and only a total dumbfuck still trusts that type of gasbag bullshit argument after decades of being wrong.

09/24/2014 02:14 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo Check out # 4 above - unreasonable fear about evil ... conspiracies.

Best you check out this website before it is too late - https://www.psychotherapy.net/article/cult-members

Yeah, you people are the ones that believe that global warming is a hoax that requires willing conspiration cooperation of 10s of thousands of scientists with your leading pundits James Taylor and Marc Morano as voices in the wilderness trying to lead the duped masses to twoof. 

09/24/2014 03:13 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: tpapablo Check out # 4 above - unreasonable fear about evil ... conspiracies.

Best you check out this website before it is too late - https://www.psychotherapy.net/article/cult-members

Yeah, you people are the ones that believe that global warming is a hoax that requires willing conspiration cooperation of 10s of thousands of scientists with your leading pundits James Taylor and Marc Morano as voices in the wilderness trying to lead the duped masses to twoof.  

Ya'll believe in an impending doomsday, we don't. Moreover, the proposed response you cultists have come up with is ridiculous, hysterical and completely out of proportion to the perceived problem. Doom billions of people to poverty and misery for a few inches/feet/whatever of water? That's the talk of the insane. You guys are cult members. Face it.

09/24/2014 05:11 PM

moosejaw

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

To my friends on NSR, nothing but love, hope you are all happy and healthy.

Ring...BOOM...snow. -Hatrick Penry

09/24/2014 05:32 PM

moosejaw

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

And so I don't get slammed for a off topic post.

I just don't believe this is a political issue, the politicians who created the problem in collusion with business cannot be the solution,,,they can not And will not.  We can. We have to force "our" politicians to work for us once again. Demand change don't just vote for it. 

I'm worried that a lot of our oxygen is produced by phytoplankton, and what is happening to our oceans? Our once forested areas are being cleared and have been for centuries, what is the result? Our food has been mechanized and altered, what will the generational effect be?

And who really knows, maybe the PTB know we are going to get slammed by an extinction level event in 10 years so who gives a shit.

The conclusion of the tragedy of commons will soon force a polar shift one way or another. In my humble opinion, I submit this to the village elders.

Ring...BOOM...snow. -Hatrick Penry

09/25/2014 11:24 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: moosejaw And so I don't get slammed for a off topic post.

I just don't believe this is a political issue, the politicians who created the problem in collusion with business cannot be the solution,,,they can not And will not.  We can. We have to force "our" politicians to work for us once again. Demand change don't just vote for it. 

I'm worried that a lot of our oxygen is produced by phytoplankton, and what is happening to our oceans? Our once forested areas are being cleared and have been for centuries, what is the result? Our food has been mechanized and altered, what will the generational effect be?

And who really knows, maybe the PTB know we are going to get slammed by an extinction level event in 10 years so who gives a shit.

The conclusion of the tragedy of commons will soon force a polar shift one way or another. In my humble opinion, I submit this to the village elders.

Sensible post. I will add that it is almost never a good idea for politicians to get involved in science. Bad things usually happen.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The warming thing again

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .