Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: LEGAL WEED
Topic Summary: we appreciate your vote
Created On: 09/22/2014 07:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/22/2014 07:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

MEDICAL MARIJUANA
how will you be voting, and why?

Edited: 09/22/2014 at 07:39 PM by sandi
 09/22/2014 09:32 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Yes.
Because we have learned from Colorado that medical first is a good way to develop an industry based upon compassion and quality before profit margins.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/23/2014 07:26 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Uh, dude what was the question?

09/23/2014 09:00 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Talking the other day to a friend who I consider very smart. He said Morgan and Morgan brought this weed issue up to get liberals to the polls so they can also vote for Christ.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 09/23/2014 09:28 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Watch this movie and you may change your mind for voting for it:

09/23/2014 09:39 AM

WG

That movie is the Gospel Truth!
Swear to god
Marijuana is worse than heroin.
It destroys anyone who tries it.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/23/2014 10:18 AM

sandi

legal...

oxy
morphine
alcohol
tabacco
a zillion pain killers

all addictive and know to kill

illegal

weed
no one has ever died from weed...

what's wrong with this picture?
 09/23/2014 04:15 PM

cheaterfiveo

Really? No one has ever died from weed. What about traffickers, drug dealers, innocent people on the street, innocents in accidents caused by stoners. Yeah light up another..... pffffft   mmmmmm

09/23/2014 04:17 PM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

Nice post, I think it calls for a drink.

09/23/2014 04:23 PM

WG

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Really? No one has ever died from weed. What about traffickers, drug dealers, innocent people on the street, innocents in accidents caused by stoners. Yeah light up another..... pffffft   mmmmmm

Well the traffickers and dealers and innocents killed due to the drug trade are killed because of the Prohibition, not the drug. All that ends when it is legal.

As far as traffic, the jury is still out it hasn't been long enough, but the data in CO seem to indicate that legalization has made the roads a little safer, as fewer people are driving drunk.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/23/2014 05:13 PM

cheaterfiveo

So is it that people who smoke pot suddenly quit drinking? It seems that most people who smoke pot also drink and or mix with other intoxicants. The feeling that pot is harmless allows them to mix more freely. 

09/23/2014 05:52 PM

WG

This is the only data I have seen.

" The theory is that people are substituting pot for alcohol, and pot causes less driver impairment than booze. "

Since marijuana legalization, highway fatalities in Colorado are at near-historic lows
WaPo

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 09/23/2014 at 06:12 PM by WG
 09/24/2014 11:40 AM

sandi

in states with legal weed, other drug use is down and drug related crimes are down. tax revenue is up. job creation is up.
pot prohibition needs to end...
 09/24/2014 01:09 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I hope it becomes legal while I can still inhale.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/24/2014 03:21 PM

sandi

hold on. you can make it.

weed helps you inhale...
 09/24/2014 08:07 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I have one issue with legal weed, potheads.  I hate them.  The stinky fuckers just annoy me. You go to a surf contest and they have their tent set up with some stinky funky dipsit with shitlocks spouting all kinds of stupid shit about how smoking pot cures cancer and the big cotton kevlar conspiracy to block hemp fiber production. 

No dumbfuck, smoking pot doesn't cure cancer. It does help some drug side effects by way of munchies. Some stuff that is found in pot can slow the growth of tumors but that is real pharma grade concentrations, like artificially concentrated and shit. If you smoked enough to get the concentration of chemical needed to slow tumor growth you'd fucking suffocate.

So dispense with the stupid shit about hemp the miracle plant and I'm all for legalization. Almost all the actual bad shit around pot stems from the black market and the "war on drugs". There is seriously no reason that pot should be illegal and alcohol legal.

09/25/2014 04:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The private prison industry won't like this...... Neither will the labs that sell drug testing........

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/25/2014 06:01 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Nice rant scom.

I am voting no. This just reeks of scam. People who are in the medical profession are scratching their collective heads. Trust me boys, I know pot. Yep nowadays the shit will REALLY fuck you up. It will cure nothing. I guess it does provide some relief to some symptoms of some ailments.

I am concerned that Federally it is illegal. ( period)

So if I go to Washington state for example and I choose to imbibe , recreationally, while I am there, but forget that I have some residual on me as I return to FLA....then I am in some deep stuff. ( if detected by law enforcement.

Now on the other hand it is ridiculous , the number of people who are in the slam for nothing but pot. If your pot activity is part of a wider criminal enterprise then that it different, than the dude who somehow is stupid enough to have a small baggie of tree for personal use and gets popped.

I am in favor of decriminalization. Grow a few plants, smoke some, bake some, enjoy with friends at home, without fear of having your mug shot posted. In many ways it could be , at some point, handled the same as alcohol. Please dont try driving around after your sucking in the purple erkle or whatever snappy name they call the shit nowadays.

There are differences between: "medical", Legal, and decriminalized. Check it out make a good choice.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 09/25/2014 06:09 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

He said Morgan and Morgan brought this weed issue up to get liberals to the polls so they can also vote for Christ.Morgan and Morgan were the attorneys that sued the tobacco companies for $25 BILLION...NOW they support legalizing weed... 10 years from now Morgan and Morgan are going to sue weed companies for $25 BILLION...Follow the money....

09/25/2014 06:13 AM

TeeBirdTim

Joined Forum: 06/14/2013

The fact that hemp can't be grown because it is technically the same species IS idiotic.  Don't we have to use cotton rope now in some cases?  Pretty funny.

Otherwise, legalization is simply pragmatic and will eliminate the "more problems than it solves" issue that making it illegal causes.

I'd much sooner avoid an alcoholic (and I suspect there are some on here) than a pothead, though I would probably avoid both.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : LEGAL WEED

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .