Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/19/2014 10:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/19/2014 10:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

Yahoo news

Federal wildlife investigators who visited the BrightSource Energy plant last year and watched as birds burned and fell, reporting an average of one "streamer" every two minutes, are urging California officials to halt the operator's application to build a still-bigger version.
 08/19/2014 10:32 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

As the progs will gladly tell you, you have to make some environmental sacrifices for progress.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 08/19/2014 10:39 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

As the progs will gladly tell you, you have to make some environmental sacrifices for progress.

dumbass teabaggers, you are the ones who want to destroy the environment, flip flopping on this also?

Go figure......

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/19/2014 10:43 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

They break out the crocodile tears when convenient.

08/19/2014 10:50 AM

scombrid

I see that article has 2200 comments.  News feed must have called in the cavalry. I bet the comments are an entertainment value.

Once again I see idiots have come out of the woodwork to make ignorant remarks....
anyways, to those who have some intelligence and civility, my wonderment is if the light being reflected is heating the airspace above these mirrors enough to cook flying birds, then what effect is this having on weather patterns?

Yep.

08/19/2014 11:47 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: jdbman
dumbass teabaggers, you are the ones who want to destroy the environment, flip flopping on this also? Go figure......

We don't care that much as we know that some progress has a price....

No it's NOT the  progs who will gladly tell you, you have to make some environmental sacrifices for progress!

They will ONLY tell you that if it agrees with their control freak agenda!

It's you HYPOCRITE prog nature nazi tree huggers that claim all of the sacred animals and want to control the dog crap out of everybody if a leaf lizzard is displaced if someone wants to build a house....BUTTTTTT but then it's ok to kill any or all of them if your agenda needs it.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/19/2014 11:55 AM

tpapablo

Yes, one could almost make the case that progs summon their "deep concern" about the environment only when they want to use it as a prop in their attempts to stop something that is offensive to their bizarre and twisted world view.

I think it is safe to say that these prog asses don't give a damn about the environment. See, e.g. USSR, China and N. Korea, three prog paradises. Thank goodness we conservatives do.

08/19/2014 12:04 PM

scombrid

Funny, it is the "prog asses" at Audobon Society that are pushing for mortality monitoring at this type of solar facility.  Guess you missed that. 

Or if your masters hadn't told you to hate all things not fossil fueled then maybe you could spin this story as the idiot progs at Audobon Society being anti-progress by potentially blocking expansion of this technology over a few measely dead birds. 

08/19/2014 12:15 PM

tpapablo

Let me tell you what I haven't missed - that progs have missed no opportunity to push bird-slaughtering technology such as this and windmills. I, on the other hand, have been against the gov't subsidizing this legalized murder of birds.

08/19/2014 12:21 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo Let me tell you what I haven't missed - that progs have missed no opportunity to push bird-slaughtering technology such as this and windmills. I, on the other hand, have been against the gov't subsidizing this legalized murder of birds.

Since you're so concerned about the birds, perhaps you can tell us the rate of bird mortality rates from various sources from windmills to solar heaters to high rise buildings to feral cats to power transmission equipment.  Must be at the tip of your fingers.

Caution, if you have to google it you might end up having to use data from evil "prog asses" like Audobon Society, Sierra Club, or US Fish and Wildlife Service. 

08/19/2014 12:39 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: tpapablo Let me tell you what I haven't missed - that progs have missed no opportunity to push bird-slaughtering technology such as this and windmills. I, on the other hand, have been against the gov't subsidizing this legalized murder of birds.

Since you're so concerned about the birds, perhaps you can tell us the rate of bird mortality rates from various sources from windmills to solar heaters to high rise buildings to feral cats to power transmission equipment.  Must be at the tip of your fingers.

Caution, if you have to google it you might end up having to use data from evil "prog asses" like Audobon Society, Sierra Club, or US Fish and Wildlife Service. 

Who said I was concerned with birds. My primary concern is with progs, who historically have caused more death, damage and destruction than anything else man has created. And that includes destructiion of the environment. It is my mission to eradicate them. And if that takes down a few birds, then so be it.

08/19/2014 01:33 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

your mission is doomed to failure

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/19/2014 01:55 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG your mission is doomed to failure

I'll admit that history isn't on my side. Nonetheless, it is good for the body, mind and soul to have a hobby.  

08/19/2014 01:57 PM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

I've a bird for ya.

08/19/2014 04:30 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

WHY do you buy in and feed his trolling BS!!!

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 08/19/2014 04:42 PM

scombrid

See how far he'll go. Same with the others.

08/19/2014 06:23 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Some of the earliest work on bird mortality from human structures was done near Tallahassee, collecting bodied from near a TV tower.  

08/24/2014 09:51 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

a bird flew against my window about a week ago and died. all houses, businesses and high rises should remove windows immediately. windmills, solar panels, oil wells in the water should all be removed. stop all fuel consumption immediately. it's the right thing to do.
 08/25/2014 05:19 AM

tom

or, you could reglaze with glass visible to birds so they don't fly into it 

it's available now

glass

http://greenspec.buildinggreen.com/blogs/ornilux-bird-safe-glass

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 08/25/2014 07:47 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: tom or, you could reglaze with glass visible to birds so they don't fly into it 

it's available now

http://greenspec.buildinggreen.com/blogs/ornilux-bird-safe-glass

More birds are killed flying into clear windows than all other ways put together. The glaze should be mandatory and if you don't have it pull down the blinds most of the way.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .