Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What the Obama Administration Wanted Police to Do with the Ferguson Robbery Video is Revealing
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/16/2014 02:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/16/2014 02:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

What the Obama Administration Wanted Police to Do with the Ferguson Robbery Video is Revealing
By Soopermexican 2 hours ago

In a shocking revelation today, it was revealed that the Department of Justice had the videotape footage of Michael Brown robbing a liquor store in Ferguson, but actually told the police department NOT to release it to the public.

From CNN:

...Friday's release of the store-theft video by Ferguson police occurred over the objections of federal authorities, a law enforcement official told CNN on Saturday.
Ferguson police had wanted to release the video Thursday but held off when the U.S. Justice Department asked them not to, arguing that doing so would increase tensions in the community, the source said.
But Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson released it Friday, announcing for the first time that Brown was suspected of stealing cigars from Ferguson Market and Liquor shortly before noon August 9, minutes before Wilson encountered and shot him.

MSNBC Contributor Goldie Taylor commented:

And why would the Obama administration not want the video to come into the public view?

It's notable that the community was demanding more and more transparency from the police department, but this video was kept under wraps until nearly a week of rioting and confrontation had gone by.

The Obama administration wanted to put a lid on that transparency, and ironically, this only suits a political agenda of further stoking racial tension. So much for the "most transparent administration ever."

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/18/2014 08:40 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

How was "it revealed" and who revealed that the DOJ had evidence in a state case before the state police. This is not credible and objecting to the release of evidence that the State was using to justify the shooting is objectionable. Since you ignorant, I will educate. The evidence may taint the jury for the State and Defense, compromise their right to unbiased jurors and incite future violence in the a community where the police seem to be justifying the shooting of unarmed teen by saying he was guilty of a robbery, which looks more like a shoplifting. You are blaming the DOJ for what again? Hiding the ball, not likely. Inciting? Exactly the opposite.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/18/2014 09:58 AM

Fish Killer

Yo...MORON!

Since you ignorant, I will educate.

The tape was acquired using the freedom of information act....

It had to be released.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/18/2014 10:49 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So how exactly is the Obama administration directing local police? It is nothing more than preventing the dissemination of evidence, which is customary in any low profile case.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/18/2014 10:52 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yup, the PiC and Holder want to fan the flames and are doing just that. This a truly despicable administration. They are quite willing to see people hurt if it advances their agenda.

I :heart; Q
 08/18/2014 10:54 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I saw that video
Funny how shoplifting a few counter cigars and shoving a clerk gets turned into
"robbing a liquor store" and "strong armed robbery" in the conservative controlled media we have in America.

Must do all possible to bias public opinion against the dead black kid....
well at least we don't have to worry about him getting a fair trial...

BTW
I also cringe when I hear a 6'4" 300 pound 18 year old referred to as "a child". That's also misleading.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/19/2014 06:03 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Is there really a case being made to have a fair and just trial; or is this a case for martial law?

08/19/2014 07:11 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Funny how shoplifting a few counter cigars and shoving a clerk gets turned into
"robbing a liquor store" and "strong armed robbery" in the conservative controlled media we have in America.
Strong-arm robbery is a term used to describe a situation where the offender used any degree of force to complete the act. Strong-arm robbery is technically a term used to describe the crime of "Robbery by sudden snatching." This crime's definition is detailed below:

812.131 - Robbery by sudden snatching

"Robbery by sudden snatching" means the taking of money or other property from the victim's person, with intent to permanently or temporarily deprive the victim or the owner of the money or other property, when, in the course of the taking, the victim was or became aware of the taking. In order to satisfy this definition, it is not necessary to show that:

The offender used any amount of force beyond that effort necessary to obtain possession of the money or other property; or

There was any resistance offered by the victim to the offender or that there was injury to the victim's person.
Funny how the Conservatives correctly identified the CRIME OF STRONG ARMED ROBBERY and the Liberals mistakenly identify the perpetrator as a child and the crime as shop lifting????
Funny how the Liberals consider a 6'3" 300lb man shaking and shoving a little old lady as acceptable and kids do that, no problem???
We must do all possible to slant the news and portray a huge fricking strong armed robber as a kid that got caught shoplifting and accidently pushing the clerk in an attempt to get away...
Then that same 6'3" 300lb black kid then gets shot trying to 'shove' an armed police man and you immediatly say the kid is innocent??? Its just shoplifting by a kid???
DE-Lusional...
I like how in your text you say the conservative media must do all possible to Bias public opinion against a KID...
but then you don't like the KID being refered to as a child??? because Thats misleading...

08/19/2014 07:34 AM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

Strong armed robbery?  WTF is that?  Another new term...

Haha!

08/19/2014 07:46 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

To the right wing media it was strong armed robbery, according to The Brown family attourney it was shoplifting.

whatever...

I would still like to see the dash cam video. No dash cam? Really?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/19/2014 09:35 AM

somebodyelse

KillerWhale

Strong armed robbery?  WTF is that?  Another new term...

Haha!

Jane, you ingnorant Slut....

• Word Origin
  •  

adjective
    using, involving, or threatening the use of physical force or violence to gain an objective:
    strong-arm methods.
    verb (used with object)
    to use violent methods upon; assault.
    to rob by force.
    to coerce by threats or intimidation; bully:
    They strong-armed me into voting for the plan.
    Origin
    1820-1830
    1820-30, Americanism

Dictionary.com Unabridged
    Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2014.
    Cite This Source

British Dictionary definitions for strong-arm

strong-arm

noun
    (modifier) relating to or involving physical force or violence strong-arm tactics
    verb
    (transitive) to show violence towards
    Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
    © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
    Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
    Cite This Source

Word Origin and History for strong-arm
    strong-arm
    "using physical force," 1897, from noun phrase (1606), from strong (adj.) + arm (n.).
    Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
    Cite This Source

Slang definitions & phrases for strong-arm

strong-arm

modifier

Using threats of violence; physically brutal: strong-arm work around election time/ We reprehended his strong-arm tactics (1901+)

verb

To use force and intimidation: We can't strong-arm them into voting our way (1903+)

WTF is That??? OMG.... children... we are dealing with Children... READ A FRICKEN BOOK...
    Get out of your Liberal bubble.... Never heard of Strong armed robbery???
    that aren't real... quit usin them high falutin new fangled words on us...

08/19/2014 01:59 PM

KillerWhale

Is this guy crazy or stupid?

Or both?

That's like the dumbest post I've ever seen.  Strong-arm is a word, I know that.

Strong armed robbery?  Is it strong-arm robbery (never heard that phrase used in my life) or strong, armed robbery?  Idiot.

08/19/2014 03:43 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: KillerWhale

Is this guy crazy or stupid?
    Or both?
    That's like the dumbest post I've ever seen.  Strong-arm is a word, I know that.
    Strong armed robbery?  Is it strong-arm robbery (never heard that phrase used in my life) or strong, armed robbery?  Idiot.

^^^Only a prog could be this stupid!^^^^

For the Whale who has an IQ just above Coleslaws........'IQ90'

^These are PROVED facts.
     08/19/2014 05:15 PM

KillerWhale

I quote:  "Strong Armed Robbery".

Illiterate bozos.

08/19/2014 06:25 PM

itsnoelb

Joined Forum: 09/11/2011

Strong Armed Robbery has been around all of my 58 years. You need to get out more.

Trying to think of something new

08/20/2014 05:12 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Well, , , , maybe the term "strong armed robbery" has never been mentioned in a PlayStation game?

On the other hand, , , , an ex-cop type I know has keyed in on the offending officer's friend's interview where she said, that he said, that there was a "scuffle" as the officer tried to get out of his car. And that the perp went for the officer's gun, , , , and that in the scuffle, the weapon discharged. So, , , , if that did happen, they can surely gather the that evidence. And, if proven, , , , the "independent autopsy" will mean squat and the officer's story will be the official line. Jesse and Al aint gonna like that one bit.

Dora Hates You
     08/20/2014 06:14 AM

somebodyelse

maybe no video game but Google???

Armed Robbery

Armed Robbery is when a person uses a deadly weapon during the course of a robbery, or when they pretend to use a deadly weapon. For example, if a person uses a cap gun to rob a convenience store, or any other object that the store clerk believed to be a deadly weapon, that would qualify as an armed robbery. Armed robbery in South Carolina state courts is punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years and up to 30 years in prison. Parole cannot be granted until at least 7 years have been served. Attempted armed robbery is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

Strong armed robbery, also known as common law robbery, occurs when there is no deadly weapon used during the robbery. If a jury finds that the element of the use of a deadly weapon has not been proven, the defendant can be found guilty of strong armed robbery instead of armed robbery. Strong armed robbery is punishable by up to 15 years in prison, and does not have a mandatory minimum sentence.

08/20/2014 10:03 AM

KillerWhale

You can find anything on google.

08/20/2014 10:48 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Except Common Sense!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
     08/20/2014 12:09 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

This whole case is just so bizarre.

I just want to see the dash cam.

Wonder how this would have gone down if had been at different times in recent history...hmmmm:

Nixon would have sent in the National Guard and had them shoot first and ask questions latter: Kent State.

Carter would have sent Baptist ministers and sacks of peanuts, everyone would have been baptized and fat. Brother Billy would have rolled in on a beer truck and said something like: Hey there aint nothing we cant settle over a few cold ones.

Ford: he would have sent the Marines with no mission, ( Mayaquez)

Reagan: Ollie North would have come in from a very secluded south side of town with lots of weapons and armed every man , woman and child of a certain persuation. ( Ollie's Point )

Bush I: he would have sent in the National Guard, lead by a hard charging chubby dude. They would have advanced to the courthouse steps, declared victory and left.

Clinton: He would have sent the Arkansas National Guard to the border, gone to Ferguson himself, jogged to the local Mcdonalds , had sex with one of the skank cashiers and then told everyone that he did not have any relations while in Ferguson.

Bush II: he would have claimed that his dad once visited Ferguson and got food poisoning, and that at family meeting he spoke about it often. He would have sent the National Guard to Ferguson...( South Dakota) claiming there was an outbreak of food poisoning, shot up the place, went sailing off Nantucket and claimed : Mission Accomplished.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
    Statistics
    146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
    There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .