Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Observations on warm months and ocean temps from Jeff Masters
Topic Summary: Denialists are loons.
Created On: 07/27/2014 03:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/27/2014 03:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2736

Just observations.  That denialists are loons is a publicly held belief.

07/27/2014 04:29 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The only problem with that CRAP is that it's NOAA's tweeked bogus data.

Got it!

Make up some more BOGUS numbers out of thin air!

"Temperature anomalies and percentiles are shown on the gridded maps below. The anomaly map on the left is a product of a merged land surface temperature (Global Historical Climatology Network, GHCN) and sea surface temperature (ERSST.v3b) anomaly analysis developed by Smith et al. (2008). Temperature anomalies for land and ocean are analyzed separately and then merged to form the global analysis. "

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/27/2014 07:27 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

so I wonder if it will push our hurricane forecast down? Last year was pretty minimal, and it looks like the pacific is making up for it. Although the warmer Atlantic water will let things grow that much quicker if things can squeak by the suppressed genesis.
 07/28/2014 05:42 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hotter water and higher surface dewpoints means that storms will be stronger on average. 

Butt, there's a lot more than just heat that goes into storm formation, especially tropical cyclones.  Heat can make peak power higher or intensitifation more rapid but you've still got to have the low sheer environment that provides good outflow at the top of the storm so that the engine can run. 

Plus, if natural storm intensity varies from 15 to 65 arbitrary units in the given year and you add enough heat to increase average intensity by 10% then natural storm intensity might then vary from 17 to 69 arbitrary units.  Detecting that change among very wide natural variation in storm frequency and intensity is difficult at best.  When a dependent variable is that variable you've got to make a crap pile of opservations to have any statistical power.

07/28/2014 05:48 AM

scombrid

Of course one thing that is pretty certain.  It is warmer now than when I was a kid.  We are in a cool phase of a multi-decadal cycle with winter weather patterns similar to the 1975 to 1985 period. For all the crowing about how cold a couple of the last winters have been, we haven't approached the records set in that period.

Back in 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1983 if you planted a USDA Zone 8 plant at my old home in Isle of Wight, VA it would not survive the winter.  Zone 8 plants that I installed in the landscape there in 1995 are still thriving. 

Likewise down here those winters would have nuked a lot of the plants I see thriving west of the river.  2010 was pretty cold down here but it didn't touch those winters of the late 1970s and early 1980s when the winter weather pattern was similar with pressure anomalies over the north Atlantic favoring the advection of continental polar air masses deep down into the lower CONUS.

07/29/2014 07:01 AM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

A small change does not mean it's global warming.

The temperatures of our globe change, constantly.... always have, always will.

If we heeded warnings of globalist warming freaks we would have all been living on the tops of mountains by now.

From what I see, the Mississippi river lowlands and Great Lakes are not part of the Gulf of Mexico and Eastern, Western and Southern parts of Florida are not under water, either is New York.

07/29/2014 08:11 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Forever just around the corner. They have told us a half dozen times that we were up against the point of no return. After that point of no return passes without cataclysm, they come up with a new point of no return. Progs, apparently never read the "Boy Who Called Wolf." The rest of us have, however, and no longer are buying this crap.

I :heart; Q
 07/29/2014 08:57 AM

early eye

Joined Forum: 01/28/2006

Oh brother you fab 4 teaparty GOP b. s. slingers are really thick stubborn arrogant and most always wrong.. Remember your fearless leader G.W. Bush "always wrong but never in doubt"..
 07/29/2014 01:08 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: sirfir  If we heeded warnings of globalist warming freaks we would have all been living on the tops of mountains by now. From what I see, the Mississippi river lowlands and Great Lakes are not part of the Gulf of Mexico and Eastern, Western and Southern parts of Florida are not under water, either is New York.

Who exactly predicted that much sea level rise "by now" as you say?

Can you cite the journal articles?  Maybe copy and paste some abstracts that summarize those predictions that, as you say here, the Mississippi River lowlands and Great Lakes would be part of the Gulf of Mexico "by now"? 

07/29/2014 01:13 PM

scombrid

Last I looked into the literature the amount of sea level rise occurring per year is in line with what was previously predicted.

You might honestly argue "well it is just natural, CO2 didn't do it".  You might be wrong but you can at least honestly argue that.

But if you are going to state that climatologists or "globalist warming freaks" as you call them have been predicting that the Gulf would have flooded the Mississippi Valley all they way to the Great Lakes then you are either delusional or just making shit up. 

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .