Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The contrast between a great president and a joke president.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/18/2014 07:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/18/2014 07:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Reagan after the Russians shot down Korean Airlines flt 007:

I'm coming before you tonight about the Korean airline massacre, the attack by the Soviet Union against 269 innocent men, women, and children aboard an unarmed Korean passenger plane. This crime against humanity must never be forgotten, here or throughout the world.

. . . And make no mistake about it, this attack was not just against ourselves or the Republic of Korea. This was the Soviet Union against the world and the moral precepts which guide human relations among people everywhere. It was an act of barbarism, born of a society which wantonly disregards individual rights and the value of human life and seeks constantly to expand and dominate other nations.

They deny the deed, but in their conflicting and misleading protestations, the Soviets reveal that, yes, shooting down a plane—even one with hundreds of innocent men, women, children, and babies—is a part of their normal procedure if that plane is in what they claim as their airspace. They owe the world an apology and an offer to join the rest of the world in working out a system to protect against this ever happening again.

. . . We know it will be hard to make a nation that rules its own people through force to cease using force against the rest of the world. But we must try. This is not a role we sought. We preach no manifest destiny. But like Americans who began this country and brought forth this last, best hope of mankind, history has asked much of the Americans of our own time. Much we have already given; much more we must be prepared to give.

Let us have faith, in Abraham Lincoln's words, "that right makes might, and in that faith let us, to the end dare to do our duty as we understand it.'' If we do, if we stand together and move forward with courage, then history will record that some good did come from this monstrous wrong that we will carry with us and remember for the rest of our lives.

The PiC after flt 17:

'Before I begin, obviously the world is watching reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border. And it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy. Right now we’re working to determine whether there were American citizens on board. That is our first priority.'

'And I've directed my national security team to stay in close contact with the Ukrainian governemnt. The United States will offer any assistance we can to help determine what happened and why. And as a country, our thoughts and prayers are with all the families and passengers, wherever they call home.

Obama then jarringly quickly returned to his prepared remarks.

'I want to thank Jeremie for that introduction' he said. 'Give Jeremie a big round of applause.'

'It is great to be in the state that gave us Joe Biden. We’ve got actually some better-looking Bidens with us here today. We've got Beau and his wife, Hallie, are here. Give them a big round of applause. We love them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696366/It-looks-like-terrible-tragedy-Obama-briefly-addresses-Malaysian-plane-crash-emerges-23-U-S-passengers-board.html#ixzz37pb40qR6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 07/18/2014 07:50 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

And then directly to 2 Dumbocrap fund raisers!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/18/2014 01:39 PM

tpapablo

Kind of shows the PiC for the simpleton that he is, doesn't it progs?

07/18/2014 02:08 PM

eibla

What horsesh!t! at least post what he really said. GOP conservos are incredible in their misinformation.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 07/18/2014 02:13 PM

tpapablo

I did. Embarrassing, huh?

07/18/2014 02:15 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He finished business related to the Lockerbie bombing and the whackjobs on the right didn't say boo.

07/18/2014 02:57 PM

eibla

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I did. Embarrassing, huh?

Oh please Tpap...his response was what I posted, it's a video you know. Yours is BS and you know it. Gonna split hairs again on a comment he made BEFORE facts were known. That's the usual Conservo biased dipshit MO.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 07/18/2014 03:11 PM

Cole

Yes, Reagan was awesome!

Morons.

I was right.
 07/18/2014 03:22 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Repost of Cole's link.

Could we let the Netherlands and the rest of the world collect their dead before we join with the EU and play hardball?

Did this aircraft depart the US? Was it shot down by the Russian Air force?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 07/18/2014 at 03:33 PM by RustyTruck
 07/19/2014 11:26 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

A GREAT PRESIDENT would bring the economy back from the freefall disaster in was in when he took over, end useless, unjust expensive wars, reform the most expensive, inefficient medical system in the world and protect our planet from those who would pollute it for their own profit. And he would do it despite the most obstructionist congress in history. Thank you PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!!

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 07/21/2014 05:27 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Instead, White House officials simply made sure to describe the president’s on-the-road management of the crises: calls to world leaders from Air Force One, telephone briefings from Secretary of State John Kerry and a secure-line meeting of his national security staff from a room in the Trump Place Apartments before his fund-raiser.

“It is rarely a good idea to return to the White House just for show, when the situation can be handled responsibly from the road,” said Jennifer Palmieri, the White House communications director. “Abrupt changes to his schedule can have the unintended consequence of unduly alarming the American people or creating a false sense of crisis.”

THAT is the reason Obama doesn't react when a crisis like a civilian airliner gets shot down arises.... Because it might unduly alarm his Foolowers...

We Conservatives aren't unduly alarmed... we have known about his incompetance for 6 years... Anybody that follows FOX news isn't unduly alarmed at this, they already know that crisis after crisis have been burning up the world...

The only people who would be unduly alarmed at Obamas schedule change are the people who still believe in him and who still believe he has a handle on world affairs...

He can't let his base know that shit is out of control in the world and furthermore... the only way his foolowers are going to find out that Obama has lost control is IF HE CHANGES HIS SCHEDULE....

Thats the funniest part of the whole comment... They aren't going to ever know that shit is out of control until Obma lets them know by changing his schedule...

OK... OK... lets look at this... Obama, never hears of any crisis until he hears about it from NEWS SOURCES... and his foolowers don't hear about it until Obama tells them.... So his foolowers are in the dark about reality until Obama changes his schedule and then they will panic and be alarmed...

The reason Obama downplayed the airliner getting shot down and made jokes and went to fund raisers is so that his foolowers won't panic and get unduly concerned about his lack of leadership during a world crisis...

YOU GUYS... his obedient foolowers are the reason he appears so out of touch with reality....

AND, since you only hear the NEWS that OBAMA wants you to hear...

DID YOU KNOW.... Obama enacted more unilateral sanctions against RUSSIA last Wednesday??? Unilateral as in only the US is doing this and no other entity in the world... Anyway... Obama enacted more unilateral sanctions against Russia Wednesday and the very next day a civilian airliner is shot down by a Russian missile.... co-incidence...

Did you know how Obama found out a civilian airliner had been shot down???? PUTIN called up Obama to talk about the unilateral sanctions that Obama had put on Russia to tell him to withdraw the sanctions... and Oh, Hussain... a Cilvilian airliner was shot down... you might want to think about that next time you lay sanctions on Russia...

No... No... don't panic... don't be unduly alarmed... This is standard procedure, you just haven't been allowed to see it and you haven't noticed because Obama is sticking with his fund raisers so as to not unduly alarm you...

07/21/2014 05:52 AM

Cole

Actually, we know that Obama imposed the new sanctions because he had proof Russia was behind the unrest in Ukraine - the downing of the commercial plane will attest to that fact.

I was right.
 07/21/2014 06:05 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The Financial Times has an interesting article by a liberal journalist by the name of Edward Luce. In the article he points out that President Obama has done 393 fundraising events at this point in his Presidency. (like 2 in NYC the night the Malaysian jet was shot down. Or in Vegas the day after our Ambassador was killed in Benghazi). In contrast, that number is more than double the number of fundraisers done by G.W. Bush. In Luce's own words-""I can think of two names for this. One is 'outmoded arrogance.' The other is 'asleep at the wheel.' Whatever the moniker, some measure of incompetence lies behind it."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/21/2014 06:58 AM

eibla

A "Liberal journalist"? That's nothing but typical conservo attack crap.

John Kenneth Galbraith
 07/21/2014 07:26 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: eibla
Originally posted by: tpapablo I did. Embarrassing, huh?

Oh please Tpap...his response was what I posted, it's a video you know. Yours is BS and you know it. Gonna split hairs again on a comment he made BEFORE facts were known. That's the usual Conservo biased dipshit MO.

That's right, a crap president shoots off his mouth before he knows what he is talking about. Regardless, does a competent president mention a "may be a terrible tragedy" and follow that up with jokes? The disgusting dirtbag.

07/21/2014 07:52 AM

somebodyelse

Actually, we know that Obama imposed the new sanctions because he had proof Russia was behind the unrest in Ukraine - the downing of the commercial plane will attest to that fact.

Actually we know that Obama is imposing unilateral sanctions because no other country in the world will back his play and then a commercial airliner was shot down the day after he imposed the sanctions AND Obama didn't find out about the airline being shot down until Putin called him up to discuss the sanctions and as part of that conversation about sanctions told Obama that a commercial plane was shot down...

07/21/2014 07:58 AM

Cole

Putin is going to get hammered over this; the EU is working on sanctions as we speak.

Obama was just ahead of the game, he knew they were supplying the rebels and took steps against them.

I was right.
 07/21/2014 08:04 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Obama was just ahead of the game.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

That's FUNNY!

Obama found out about that on the NEWS...like he has everything else he has found out about!

For you to claim otherwise makes you a liar again!

He is ahead of NO ONE!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 07/21/2014 12:09 PM

Cole

Um, he moved forward with sanctions before the plane was downed.

I was right.
 07/21/2014 12:27 PM

somebodyelse

Um... the plane was downed because he moved forward with sanctions...

Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .