Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Morons!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2013 06:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2013 06:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/12/2013 06:06 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Bush cut taxes, then went to war... twice.

Bush forced Freddie and Fannie into bad mortgages.

The damage was done by the time Dems took over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

I was right.
 08/12/2013 06:45 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

There was never a "Democrat" majority.
There is no "Democrat" party.
Morons indeed.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/12/2013 08:01 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Bush cut taxes, then went to war... twice.

Bush forced Freddie and Fannie into bad mortgages.

The damage was done by the time Dems took over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

I can see that you missed the key words...QUALIFIED BUYERS!

Democraps made it so that ANYONE was qualified.

Get your lies straight Coleslaw.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 05:30 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
I can see that you missed the key words...QUALIFIED BUYERS! Democraps made it so that ANYONE was qualified.

Tiny fraction of lones were part of the stupid HUD program to get low income people into home ownership. 

Banks enthusiastically gave out the lionshare of subprime and no-doc loans completely willingly.  Many banks exercised zero restraint and they engaged in deliberate fraud to hide those bad loans in securities that they dumped on the stock market.

08/13/2013 06:34 AM

Cole

blowfish is too boneheaded to see that fact Scrom.

I was right.
 08/13/2013 06:39 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: scombrid

I can see that you missed the key words...QUALIFIED BUYERS! Democraps made it so that ANYONE was qualified.

Tiny fraction of lones were part of the stupid HUD program to get low income people into home ownership. 

Banks enthusiastically gave out the lionshare of subprime and no-doc loans completely willingly.  Many banks exercised zero restraint and they engaged in deliberate fraud to hide those bad loans in securities that they dumped on the stock market.

Sorry fool...they were ordered to...with the law!

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 06:51 AM

Cole

Considering the bad loans originated in the Bush years, you are wrong as usual.

I was right.
 08/13/2013 06:57 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Considering the bad loans originated in the Bush years, you are wrong as usual.

Democrapic majority in the House and Senate.

Fool!

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 06:59 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/13/2013 07:19 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Fish Killer  Sorry fool...they were ordered to...with the law!

Nope.

The majority of bad loans were in hot housing markets and were not part of the gubment program for low income borrowers.

08/13/2013 08:10 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Fish Killer  Sorry fool...they were ordered to...with the law!

Nope.

The majority of bad loans were in hot housing markets and were not part of the gubment program for low income borrowers.

BULLCRAP!

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 08:39 AM

scombrid

BULLCRAP!

I'm white with a steady  income and a credit score of 800.  Banks were soliciting me in 2004 though 2006 for equity lines of credit.  Had a few writers offer no-money down ARMs for over-the-asking-price of a property.  Tried to snooker me into huge loans with bad terms.  I was researching the housing market pretty heavy then and was flabbergasted by the lending practices.  You tell them that you want a fixed rate 15 year for half the amount they are trying to lend you and they are like "but you can get so much more with this loans!".  That is what blew up the housing and financial markets.  I had banks willing to lend me so much money that the mortgage would have been 50% of my monthly net.  No government program was forcing banks make such loans.

08/13/2013 08:58 AM

Fish Killer

BULLCRAP!

I'm white with a steady  income and a credit score of 800.  Banks were soliciting me in 2004 though 2006 for equity lines of credit.  Had a few writers offer no-money down ARMs for over-the-asking-price of a property.  Tried to snooker me into huge loans with bad terms.  I was researching the housing market pretty heavy then and was flabbergasted by the lending practices.  You tell them that you want a fixed rate 15 year for half the amount they are trying to lend you and they are like "but you can get so much more with this loans!".  That is what blew up the housing and financial markets.  I had banks willing to lend me so much money that the mortgage would have been 50% of my monthly net.  No government program was forcing banks make such loans.

Like I said....BULLCRAP!

The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
By Thomas DiLorenzo
September 6, 2007

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

A man named Bruce Marks became quite notorious during the last decade for pressuring banks to earmark literally billions of dollars to his organization, the "Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America." He once boasted to the New York Times that he had "won" loan commitments totaling $3.8 billion from Bank of America, First Union Corporation, and the Fleet Financial Group. And that is just one "community group" operating in one city - Boston.

Banks have been placed in a Catch 22 situation by the CRA: If they comply, they know they will have to suffer from more loan defaults. If they don't comply, they face financial penalties and, worse yet, their business plans for mergers, branch expansions, etc. can be blocked by CRA protesters, which can cost a large corporation like Bank of America billions of dollars. Like most businesses, they have largely buckled under and have surrendered to their bureaucratic masters.

Consequently, banks in every community in America have been forced to hold a portfolio of bad loans, euphemistically referred to as "subprime" loans. In order to compensate themselves for the added risk of extending these loans, many lenders have increased the lending fees associated with mortgage loans. This is simply an indirect way of doing what banks always do - and what they must do to remain solvent: charging effectively higher rates of interest on riskier loans.

But this is discriminatory!, complained the "community organizations." Thus, if one browses the ACORN web site, one can read of their boasts of having "predatory lending laws" passed in numerous states which outlaw such fees, prohibiting banks from protecting themselves from the added risk involved in making forced loans to "subprime" borrowers.

These are price control laws, and price controls always cause shortages. Normally, banks would respond to such laws by extending fewer riskier loans. But in this case the banks are forced to continue making the marginal loans by their bureaucratic masters at the Fed and the other three federal bureaucracies mentioned above. So-called predatory lending laws therefore force the banks to "eat" the losses. This is undoubtedly a contributing factor to the bankruptcy of dozens of mortgage lenders over the past year.

Then of course there is the issue of the Fed's monetary policy having created the housing bubble, characterized by a spectacular escalation of real estate values in every American city over the past decade or so. This created a further problem for the financial institutions that are victimized by the CRA. They are forced to make a certain amount of bad loans, but because of the Fed-created explosion in housing prices, many thousands of subprime borrowers no longer qualified, by a long stretch, for conventional mortgages based on their incomes.

The only way these borrowers could qualify for their mortgage loans (even ignoring their bad credit ratings) was to take out adjustable rate mortgages, some of which had astonishingly low first-year rates in the 3 percent range, and sometimes lower. This is what has largely fueled the subprime mortgage meltdown - the inability of thousands of subprime borrowers to afford their mortgages now that their rates have adjusted upward. Thus, the combination of the Fed's enforcement of the CRA (with the help of political pressure groups like ACORN) and its post 9/11 monetary policy in general are the reasons for the bursting real estate bubble and the "subprime" mortgage meltdown.

Don't expect to read about this in the "mainstream media," however, which generally views groups like ACORN as heroic champions of the poor, laws like the CRA as anti-discrimination laws, and places all of the blame for the subprime mortgage meltdown on greedy capitalists, especially mortgage brokers. Encouraged by such reporting, the odious Senator Charles Schumer of New York has promised federal legislation that will reign in these miscreants, while the Bush administration is proposing an indirect bank bailout by having the Federal Housing Administration cover many of the bad "subprime" loans. This will create what economists call a "moral hazard" by encouraging even more bad loans to be extended in the future. Every banker in America will be glad to extend loans (at high rates of interest) to the most uncreditworthy borrowers if he thinks there is no possibility of default with the FHA effectively guaranteeing the loan.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 09:01 AM

Fish Killer

Scumbird...what part of BULLCRAP don't you understand?

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 09:11 AM

scombrid

Your author failed to provide the faction of total failed loans that were CRA mandated.  Why is that?

Your author is correct in pointing a finger at post 9/11 monetary policy.

Your author is incorrect in giving a complete pass to the financial institutions and their practices of willingly handing out money willy nilly and then dumping those loans into bogus securities.

08/13/2013 09:15 AM

Fish Killer

Your author failed to provide the faction of total failed loans that were CRA mandated.  Why is that?
Your author is incorrect in giving a complete pass to the financial institutions and their practices of willingly handing out money willy nilly and then dumping those loans into bogus securities.

...in YOUR opinion.

I think I will take his opinion as he knows what he is talking about.

You on the other hand don't know crap!

Thomas J. DiLorenzo [send him mail] is professor of economics at Loyola College in Maryland and the author of The Real Lincoln; Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed To Know about Dishonest Abe and How Capitalism Saved America. His latest book is Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Archenemy Betrayed the American Revolution - And What It Means for America Today.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 09:15 AM

scombrid

Commercial real estate the same boom and bust.

There's no CRA in commercial real estate. 

All those condos that went tits up in Miami?  Not CRA properties or loans. 

All those empty housing tracts I just flew over in Phoenix where the streets are laid out but the houses never got built?  Not CRA properties.

08/13/2013 09:17 AM

Fish Killer

...in YOUR opinion.

I think I will take his opinion as he knows what he is talking about.

You on the other hand don't know crap!

Thomas J. DiLorenzo is professor of economics at Loyola College in Maryland and the author of The Real Lincoln; Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed To Know about Dishonest Abe and How Capitalism Saved America. His latest book is Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Archenemy Betrayed the American Revolution - And What It Means for America Today.

^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2013 09:23 AM

scombrid

There wasn't a CRA in the European countries that had massive real estate bubbles that paralleled that in the US. 

What fraction of the total defaults in the US from 2007-2009 were CRA mandated loans? 

How exactly did CRA force banks to offer exotic lending products to people like me?

Edited: 08/13/2013 at 09:35 AM by scombrid
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Morons!

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .