Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Who does a good guitar set up?
Topic Summary: Any recommendations?
Created On: 11/27/2017 01:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2017 01:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I've got two Fender Strats that were collecting dust for a couple of years but have gotten attention lately. They need new strings and I thought I'd have someone check and adjust the set up including the pick ups. Any recommendations for the job?

I also have a small Marshall amp that appears to have some sort of short in the guitar input area that needs repair.

We have a local music store in Vero but I'd like to shop around a little bit getting references before I take them somewhere.

Gracias

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

11/27/2017 03:40 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

pm bamboo he is guitar guy.
 11/28/2017 03:45 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Jacobs on Merritt Island.

www.jacobscustomguitars.com

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 11/28/2017 10:14 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

^^^^

Hi Daner,

Tom is right about Tom Jacob's guitars on Merritt Island.  He is a very cool guy who does excellant guitar repairs and set-ups, and his prices are reasonable.  His shop is small but has some awesome guitars hanging on the wall, and every one is set up perfectly.

Having said that, if all you need is a basic re-string and set-up on your strats, I could probably help you out if you want. As for the amp it just might need a simple cleaning of the jack.  If it is more than that you might want to open it up and take a look at the jack. If it is mounted to the PCB (circuit board) it is kind of a hassle to replace, if it is not and has seperate wires going to it then that is usually a simpler configuration to replace. 

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/29/2017 07:18 AM

daner

Thanks for the info and offer! I'll pm you.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

12/03/2017 08:52 AM

daner

Dropped my guitars off with Tom Jacobs on Saturday. Nice guy and I feel good about leaving them with him. He asked me who recommended him. PM me your last name if you want some kudos for the recommendation because I've forgotten them and he didn't know who Tom and Bob were.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .