Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chalie don't surf
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/20/2017 12:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/20/2017 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

09/23/2017 06:25 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Great song, great movie.

Jim Morrison had such a deep, resonant voice.

My favorite rock singer.

09/26/2017 02:04 PM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

I knew a girl named chalie once.
Perhaps you meant: charlie dont surf, and we think he should.
Charlie dont surf, and you know that it aint no good..........
Some of my brothers classmates actually surfed nam in the war, they were high school class of 66 from florida

-------------------------
spindrift

09/26/2017 05:10 PM

RioSirju

Joined Forum: 04/15/2011

jim would go, anyone care to correct me

09/26/2017 05:27 PM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

Sure. Jim Morrison never surfed a day in his life.
Other than dennis wilson, neither did the beach boys.

spindrift

11/26/2017 10:41 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Years ago, I got to see a new print of this move on Vero's biggest screen.  The imagery and sound were amazing.  

No idea how it was made.  Hollywood had lots of special effects, but there was cost and limits. 

Doors, it turns out, had some significnt musicl innovations.  Wasn't obvious at the time, but that short spell was one of major creativity in pop music.

11/27/2017 05:24 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Buffalo Soldiers, U.S. 9th Cavalry.

A lot of people question Robert Duval's portrayal of Lt Col Kilgore, but in fact, he was not too far off the mark. A lot of Air Cavalry Battalion Commanders were pretty Balls Forward.

A certain General I served under, when he was a Battalion CO in Nam, had his Huey stripped of paint and highly polished with all steel parts being chrome plated. He wanted Charlie to see him coming!

A guy I worked with in 2001 was Colonel Moore's ("We Were Soldiers", 1st Bat, 7th Cav) door gunner in Nam. Yes, Col. Moor's bird was always the first to land, and nobody touched the ground until after he did, even in the heat of battle. He prayed over the body of every KIA he could get too. When they left a LZ, he was always the last person to get onto a bird.

The first time I RTO'd for our Captain (Co A, 1st Bat, 5th Cav) I was running up to the bird, holding the whip antenna down to keep it out of the rotors, I ran into him. He was SCREAMING at me at the top of his lungs! He pulled me upright and screamed at me to Stand Tall when I got on a bird with him! (NEVER stoop down, walk like a man onto the Huey).

Dora Hates You
 11/27/2017 06:19 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

My dad was a Col in Army. My bud in the hood's dad was a battalion commander. When he was home, he'd sit and watch TV while scraping jungle rot off his feet with his big survival knife. He'd cut his sons hair with scissors. One time he cut the tip of his ear off, then put his men in formation and walked him in front of them while exclaiming' "My boy ain't no hippy." I was eating dinner (pork chops) with them a month or so after, when his dad laughed and said,"get your ears on right because it's time for a hair cut. My bud said he wasn't going to do it. His dad quickly punched him in the mouth, sending him to the floor. After he got up and sat back down, his dad asked if he had any loose teeth. My bud picked up a chop bone and bit it in half. His dad was so impressed, he never had to get another hair cut.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .