Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: UF loses Felipe
Topic Summary: But gains Frask.
Created On: 09/16/2019 10:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/08/2019 11:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

LOUD in the stadium. What a great game. This is my first game of the season. I was surprised. I figured that the Gators would have a competitive defeat. They played brilliantly. I have hope for the LSU game, but still the realization that they will be playing the team that played so brilliantly against Texas.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/10/2019 07:20 AM

johnnyboy

Had some time this week to drink some more of the KoolAide. I say we now beat LSU. More of a belief than an opinion, but whatever, I'm a Fan, not a pundit.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/11/2019 12:42 PM

LargeMike

Joined Forum: 06/22/2012

Man I hope so, but it is at night in Baton Rouge.
 10/12/2019 06:37 AM

johnnyboy

Game day there now. Wow. That's the tigers den for sure.

10/13/2019 08:22 AM

Central Floridave

Sorry gator fans. I watched the game on dvr this sunday morning. It was an entertaining game and Gators looked good until Trask thru that feliepe-franks like interception in the end zone.
 10/13/2019 01:27 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

A few things struck me -
- About midway through the 3rd qtr, I said to myself, "This looks like a Spurrier ball-control-through-passing-offense and a Spurrier QB" (which about made me pee my pants in delight).
- Two plays killed us (yeah, I know not "us" us, but, still) - the 4th and 1 at the 3 or 4 and the interception in the end zone. If not for that, it would have been a tie game.
- We could not stop the underneath pass and could not tackle the receiver when he caught the ball
- We could not stop the run
- Two totally different offenses - big strike LSU and sustained drive, ball control passing by us (there I go again)
- As long as the LSU D was on the field, I was sure they would tire. They never did, they got tougher. (I sure wish that hadn't been so.)
- The Gators looked a lot better than I thought they would and Mullen is our way forward. And, I LOVE TRASK!!!!!
 10/13/2019 01:52 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Me love myself some Trask! Been a while since I've seen a Gator offense move the ball like that. Also the environment did not seem to phase the team. Our D needs some help, and hopefully those two DE's aren't gone for too long, we are just getting to the SEC gauntlet (contrary to LSU, who were fresh for the game, only having played Vandy so far, Texas early in the season)
 10/14/2019 06:46 AM

johnnyboy

The injuries on the defense had a very big effect. That first drive in the second half was the best all year. Damn strong. However, LSU did not steal that game. They took it by force. It looked very similar to their first game against Texas. The horns were rallying, they brought close and then, when they were in striking distance, LSU scored twice and put it beyond contention. The home team advantage was real too. The gators are not there this year but Trask and Emory are learning some important lessons for next year.

10/14/2019 08:04 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Mullen is our way forward.

He is the coach they have needed since Urban bailed on them. If Foley had not had a stick up his ass about Mullan ... he would have / should have been UF's coach years ago.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/14/2019 09:58 AM

johnnyboy

Maybe, just maybe Gators take South Carolina and Georgia and play LSU for the SEC.

FORUMS : NPNR : UF loses Felipe

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .