Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The college football championship
Topic Summary: Damn.
Created On: 01/07/2019 08:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2019 08:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Bama got handled. Never really got any momentum going. They saved their worst for last.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/08/2019 07:43 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

They got worked for sure!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 01/08/2019 08:22 AM

johnnyboy

Just curious, would UCF have given Clemson a more competitive game?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/08/2019 08:28 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

The Tide got badly outplayed in every part of the game and out coached as well.

Clemson might very well hang triple digits on UCF if they played like they did last night.

UCF could not handle a LSU defense that was missing EIGHT starters, including basically the entire starting backfield. Also LSU O-line had their way the entire game and it was not even close to the better O-lines in the SEC or nationally.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/08/2019 08:38 AM

Central Floridave

UCF would have scored more than 16 points...
 01/08/2019 09:14 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

UCF would have scored more than 16 points...

With Milton ..... more like 6

With Mack ...... less

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

01/08/2019 10:51 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Also LSU O-line had their way the entire game and it was not even close to the better O-lines in the SEC or nationally.

Actually the UCF D hit LSU with several nice tackles for loss in the 1st qtr, but LSU obviously adjusted.
 01/08/2019 01:47 PM

johnnyboy

ESPN is already announcing the beginning of the Legend with the Clemson Freshman QB. That's not premature after last night's showing. Saban had Tua and Hurts and he couldn't get his offense to score on multiple goal line stands. I was surprised by the one dimensional play calling from Bama. Saban's halftime quote was interesting. He said the Clemson using all of the tricks that everyone else used and got away with. He seemed really surprised by this. How?

01/08/2019 03:12 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Saban looked lost at halftime. Not Bama's night. It happens to everyone. I thought Clemson was going to get waxed. In the early stages, Bama was moving the ball easilyand Clemson was relying on big plays after getting stuffed on most, but, Clemson lit up and was clearly the better team.
 01/08/2019 03:14 PM

garcia

"UCF would have scored more than 16...." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. In the 70s we had Gainesville green to fuel our delusions. What is UCF smoking? That said, maybe UCF would score more than 16, but, Clemson would have scored 200.
 01/08/2019 06:35 PM

Central Floridave

Idk, UCF has scored 30 or more points in like 18 consecutive games. You guys must not be watching.

01/08/2019 08:01 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

That Clemson QB is good. He broke all of Deshaun Watson's State HS records. He was throwing dimes to his receivers all game, and he's only gonna get better with experience. I'm jealous, wish the Gators had him
 01/09/2019 04:53 AM

Central Floridave

He is NFL ready at age 19. How many years does he play college before being called up?

For the naysayers, here is a comparative score:
Clemson beat Pitt 42-10
UCF beat Pitt 45-14
 01/09/2019 06:22 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Idk, UCF has scored 30 or more points in like 18 consecutive games. You guys must not be watching.

You could make an all star team of those 18 .... and Clemson (and Bama) would still beat them.

01/09/2019 07:24 AM

whitey

Joined Forum: 12/03/2011

Alabama 29 LSU 0 And LSU not missing half the team. UCF could not compete with Clemson or BAMA PERIOD. Notre Dame 36 Syarcuse 3 Clemson 27 Syracuse 23 And we all know what happened to ND! Comparing scores means nothing. And LSU pretty much dominated UCF maybe not on the scoreboard but in every aspect of that game that mattered. They spotted them 2 Td's. Hopefully you didnt try and win any of that easy $$$$$ in the LSU game.
 01/09/2019 07:39 AM

Central Floridave

LOL. You guys are really threatened and hate UCF success in football. Get use to it. We ain't going away any time soon.

You guys opinion reminds me of the CFP committee and other rankings. So biased. No way can one team beat another one. LIke it has never happened before in college football lore.

I'm glad everyone illusion that Bama was unbeateable was shattered. At least you have Clemson to cling on to think they are unbeatable. Will at least in 2018 they weren't. Just like UCF in 2017. Undefeated and undisputed. Kinda hard to throw stats out there when the result on the SCOREBOARD is what matters the most.

Edited: 01/09/2019 at 07:40 AM by Central Floridave
 01/09/2019 05:35 PM

LBLarry

. You guys are really threatened and hate UCF success in football.

You are so damn black&white !!!!! Get some damn perspective!!

In your narrow lil world, you either unquestioningly LOVE UCF or you are a hater. I know that I don't hate them. I remember when they started the school (I lived in WP Pines) and University Blvd was a 2 lane road. I have a LOT of friends (and now children of friends) that are UCF grads. I sincerely wish them well ..... I also know that if they played in a Power 5 conference, they would be upper mid level.

"threatened" ..... lol !! Seriously, there are things in this world that I do feel threatened by, UCF's football program damn sure isn't one of them.

BTW .... Whitey simply used YOUR comparative score "logic" But when it doesn't work in your favor, you lamely attempt to change the narrative.

01/10/2019 05:40 AM

garcia

LBLarry said it well. I root for them (having had two kids go there), but, that doesn't mean I am blind. I have rooted for the Gators since I was a kid in the 60s, that doesn't blind me to them, either. One can root for a team without losing perspective or a sense of reality. UCF has had a couple of great years, but, any talk of Natl Championship is best left to a PR flack. They are a good mid-major, as was N. Ill a few years ago. New Years is over, time to sober up.
 01/10/2019 09:36 AM

Central Floridave

So, this isn't lame? Really? Proof on the field matters in perception. You throwing out a statement like this is lame and not based in reality. I'm suppose to just let these two statements stand without a rebuttal? I show you real data. UCF averages over 40 points per game. and, you throw this out there like it is a fact? LAME! Admit it, you are threatened by UCF success. I find many people have a reactionary response when I say something positive about UCF. Below, is a case in point:
"With Milton ..... more like 6

With Mack ...... less "
 01/10/2019 09:53 AM

Central Floridave

Also, calling a team a 'mid-major' is lame. There are 130 Div 1 Teams. They all meet the same standards to be Div 1 NCAA team. There is no such thing as 'mid-major'. If so what are the requirements of mid-major? What is the difference? Is it fan or donor support? How big the stadium is? Go ahead and show me in the NCAA rule book that declares which school is mid-major and which one isn't and why? There is separation of Div 1 to FCS and Div 2 and 3. But, Div 1 there is nothing saying a school is mid-major. That is as you say is PR flack by elitist, like yourself, that wants UCF to stay-in-your-lane...

UCF is a great educational institution and it looks like it schooling others not enrolled like all you haters. <--- admit it that you are a hater and stop trying to say your are not. You are making yourself look stupid.

Also, you say I am losing perspective and sense of reality. Didn't I just witness my team rip off a 25 game winning streak? I went to all the home games and travelled to some of the away ones. I did see it before my own eyes on how good this UCF football team has been. It took me awhile to accept that UCF could beat SEC teams as well. I'm over that mis-perception now as I have seen it. Its possible and will happen again. I've been going to the games since 1985. Thus, I'm super proud that my team has gotten this far in just a short time.

And, to close, it sucks college football season is over. Its a fun discussion. Sort of like politics where you can show someone a stat or a result and the other person just cannot get over their perceive perception that they could be wrong, or were wrong.

I'm going on results on field and show you stuff, and you guys just throw out that UCF would only score 6 points against Clemson. I'm like wha? That is losing sense of reality. I'm here for you all though. Go Knights!
FORUMS : NPNR : The college football championship

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .