Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rock n Roll hall of fame
Topic Summary: 2018 nominees
Created On: 12/13/2018 05:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2018 05:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.npr.org/2018/12/13/...f-fame-inductees-for-

I watch it every year and it seems like every year when they finally get around to inducting a band that is part of the canon of Rock n Roll, they get called out. I remember Kiss and Bon Jovi giving blistering thank you f you acceptance speeches. The last line in the article made me think this year will be more of the same. We will all be dead before the Cure gets in. That's pretty funny. I don't think the Cure will be holding their breath or getting their clown make up ready just yet ( I am not bashing them, I am a fan, but lets face it, the Cure there with all of the plastic surgery, post addiction, post marriage, post relevance rock royalty as they play Love cats?).

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/13/2018 05:38 AM

Central Floridave

I see they didn't count LBLARRY votes:
http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...d=182611&enterthread=y
 12/13/2018 06:20 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Rock is dead

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/13/2018 12:02 PM

johnnyboy

Mumble rap is the thing now.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/13/2018 12:16 PM

jdbman

My new iphone with a shit load of memory has over 4000 songs on it.

I'm so desperate for music, the last song I down loaded was Otis Redding: Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Not that its not an all time great song, its just out of my wheel house of Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Liquid Metal, Grunge, Psychedelic Rock, and the like.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 12/13/2018 07:38 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Mumble rap is the thing now.

...and the Earth will end soon. It's over.

I was right.
 12/13/2018 09:54 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

I see they didn't count LBLARRY votes:

http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...d=182611&enterthread=y

Your link is as broke ass as your post

The R&R HOF is a joke and just like you would be so much better off if you listened to my football picks ..... so would they.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 12/13/2018 at 09:55 PM by LBLarry
 12/14/2018 05:51 AM

TeeBirdForever

Joined Forum: 08/21/2016

FWIW, JDB, right now my favorite bands are The Mattson 2, Calexico, The Mermen, Khruangbin, Son Volt, Johnny Flynn, Habibi, and GA-20. Enjoy.
 12/14/2018 05:53 AM

johnnyboy

It is a joke. Its the equivalent of an aging hipsters coffee circle telling the kids "get off of my lawn," "that's not music," "as guardians of rock cannon, your dissent is duly noted and redundant as the old leather jackets and holed jeans uniform we all wear."

12/14/2018 07:20 AM

jdbman

FWIW, JDB, right now my favorite bands are The Mattson 2, Calexico, The Mermen, Khruangbin, Son Volt, Johnny Flynn, Habibi, and GA-20. Enjoy.

Many thanks to you T bird

12/16/2018 10:33 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

ASG still rocks and putting out new tunes!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .