Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Surf wagon too slow?
Topic Summary: The Mopar Hellephant engine will be available in 2019
Created On: 10/31/2018 08:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/31/2018 08:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTSnElu6s8Text Holy cow - 1000hp from a stock OEM crate motor.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 10/31/2018 at 08:03 AM by Bamboo
 11/01/2018 05:54 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

That vehicle needs a superbird wing.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 11/01/2018 07:02 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So with the advent of electric and the ultimate obsolescence of internal combustion engines, will this one of the last masterpieces? Will they make a charger with it as stock?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/01/2018 08:29 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yeah, a superbird wing would be soooo Richard Petty 1970! Yeah, I think this, or a naturally aspirated version of this, will end up in a car or truck in a couple of years. They did the same thing with the Gen 3 392 hemi bringing it out as a crate engine in 2007-ish and then putting it in the cars/trucks around 2011. It is a great motor which is easy to get 500+ hp out of with no drama and still get 20-ish mpg if you keep your foot out of it. Johnny, have driven a performance tesla and they are quick and love the interior, but they are not great performance cars. Overheating is an issue after a few passes or laps. Also, while the 0-60 times are quick they are very unsatisfying. Nothing sounds or feels like a randy engine under the hood. Ultimately electric will probably take over, but for now there is room for different fuels. Electric, hybrid, gasoline, alcohol, CNG, etc. It all helps and in the mean time the best muscle car years are right now...no matter what anybody else says. When ho-hum production cars are doing solid 12 second runs (or better) on the 1/4 mile.... that ain't bad!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/01/2018 08:56 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'd agree that it probably is the golden age for muscle cars. The auto industry was "ruined" several times: removal of lead from gasoline was the end of the auto industry, emission control was the end of the auto industry, "safety" was the end of the auto industry... haha, never happened. And you don't really hear the industry whining about it anymore. Cars are more efficient, faster, cleaner and safer than ever. I do see electric (I hope) as the "transportation" choice of the future, but IC engines will still be around. Heck, I understand some people even sail boats still....

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway

Edited: 11/01/2018 at 08:56 AM by tom
 11/02/2018 06:25 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Badass
 11/02/2018 06:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

On an airboat with Batman wings.

I was right.
FORUMS : NPNR : Surf wagon too slow?

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .