Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ear doctor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/18/2018 02:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2018 02:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Mindanao

Joined Forum: 03/30/2005

anyone could give me a name of good ear doctor? Close to indian Harbour Beach would be a plus, too.
 09/19/2018 05:05 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Curious - ear infection? I've had a couple over the last month. Went to the PA at my regular Dr.s office (sorry no ear Dr. suggestion) and got antibiotic drops (I've forgotten what kind) and Augmentin for a week. My usual ear infections clear up with Swimear (alcohol/glycerine) or just vinegar. Something in the water?

-------------------------
add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/19/2018 05:57 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Something in the water?

Very much so. If I don't take Mucinex D after every session to get the water out, I'll end up on steroids and a two week run of antibiotics.

There was talk of cutting funding to the water testing, but I'm not sure it it happened or not.

There is an ENT guy in Cocoa Beach, but I don't think he has very stellar ratings. I use my regular doc.

I was right.

Edited: 09/19/2018 at 06:02 AM by Cole
 09/19/2018 06:00 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yep, they still have it and it's two week intervals, though it looks like they only test for one thing.

http://www.floridahealth.gov/e...nty=Brevard&Zip=329340

I was right.
 09/19/2018 06:14 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

If it is a regular ear infection then a "doc in a box" can prescribe pain releaving and antibiotic drops and something like augmentin. I can't jump on the "something in the water" bandwagon this time around. We have had very little rain recently, our surf should be fairly free of any products from bad septic or leaky sewer right now. One thing that happens is that hurricane season coincides with back to school cold season. Then people go run themselves ragged exercising way more than they normally would. That big sudden increase in exercise suppresses the immune system so some are going to be more susceptible to colds, secondary infections from colds, and any bad stuff to which they are exposed in the water. This year is the first in a few that I haven't gotten a cold in early September. Maybe I've finally worked through Brevard County's supply of virus or it just hasn't hit yet. A couple of years ago Mrs. Scombrid had a September cold that morphed into a sinus infection which then trekked over to her ear. I came home from work on a Friday with rare afternoon offshores to grab my board and go surf but instead found her balled up on the couch in agony needing me to take her to the "doc in a box". She hadn't been anywhere near the surf.

09/19/2018 06:21 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Dr. Widick, ENT, in Cocoa Beach. He is a surfer himself. (321) 799-9797

Used to treating surf related issues. His office staff is nice but a little flakey.

Edited: 09/19/2018 at 06:22 AM by miker
 09/19/2018 09:27 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

First name Mark? ^ . Went to elementary, junior AND high school with that guy! Way to go Mark, if it is.. Looks like Ms. Winchesters Chem class paid off!
 09/19/2018 11:12 AM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

Been dealing with mysterious ENT issue, on one side of pharynx/larynx, so I would not recommend Sullivan. He basically gave up and said I had acid reflux, prescribing me Prilosec...It's not F'ing heartburn.

What are you dealing with?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Edited: 09/19/2018 at 11:12 AM by Karma
FORUMS : NPNR : ear doctor

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .