Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hybrid Vehicles
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/08/2018 08:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/08/2018 08:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

We are looking into upgrading our daily driver/s and considering a hybrid... typically drive a van so need something larger/ on the larger side of sedans to fit the surfboards or other fun gear on occasion. Anyone owne one and how do you like it? Are there any expensive maintenance costs I should know about besides for the battery replacement? I'm trying to determine if battery/ maintenance cost negate the mileage gained.

Edited: 09/08/2018 at 08:10 AM by Sector9surf
 09/08/2018 09:06 AM

The Political Thinker

Joined Forum: 06/14/2004

I just switched to the Prius V (the station wagon) I love it. the MPG is really nice, its reliable, and theres room.

The last hurricane we had I lost power here in Indialantic, so I just slept in the prius while the AC was on and the gas engine kicks on to charge the batteries and shuts off. It basically runs on 1/2 gallon of gasoline this way.

-------------------------
scientia potentia est

09/08/2018 06:13 PM

retired45

Joined Forum: 08/03/2010

We've had two Prius and now have a Camry hybrid. Our experience with Toyota hybrids has been excellent. The only trouble we had was a bad starter battery in one of the Prius. It is the size of a motorcycle battery and was about one hundred dollars from Toyota.

The Toyotas all have an 80,000 mile hybrid parts warranty. The regular maintenance is the same as any other car.

You can't beat the acceleration when both the gas engine and electric motor kick in.

We rented a Ford hybrid and were impressed with it also.

Dads who change diapers
change the world
 09/08/2018 06:20 PM

retired45

Joined Forum: 08/03/2010

Political Thinker, I saw a cord set that plugged into the Prius and allowed you to use the car as a generator for your house. I don't remember how much it was. We have a generator for the house so I never followed up on it.

Dads who change diapers
change the world
 09/08/2018 10:45 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I figure all electric makes more sense, except for range. My Pontiac Vibe is doing fine, but I think Trump tariffs may send car prices skyrocketing, so am starting to look at what's available.
FORUMS : NPNR : Hybrid Vehicles

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .