Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/03/2018 09:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/19/2018 06:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

"The Knights put together a thorough prime-time beatdown of ranked, one-loss Cincinnati, a performance that demands the attention of the CFP committee." A win over Cinci demands attention.... LMAO I dont think so
 11/19/2018 06:03 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

UCF in top ten in both the AP and Coach's poll. Right where they belong. Gonna be interesting Tuesday night for the BCS, er CFP poll. They gotta move us up from #11. Throw us a bone people.

Tickets are on sale now for American Athletic Conference Championship game at Spectrum Stadium. Last chance to see 2018 Knights at Home. The games are part football part rock concert. They are fun. hopefully we get a later time slot so the tailgating can fully be utilized.

Rivalry Week games to watch:

Thursday: Miss-State at Ole Miss

Friday:

bunch of games on. Main ones:
Houston at Memphis NOON. Memphis favored, but Houston can win the conf div and play UCF with win. Otherwise I think Memphis gets in.
UCF at USF Black Friday 4:15pm WAR ON I-4
#6 Oklahoma at #9 West Virginia 8pm
#18 Washington at #8 Washington State 8pm Pulling for Washington. Washington was favored preseason.

Saturday:
#4 Michigan at #10 Ohio State NOON
GaTech at #5 Georgia NOON
#13 Florida at FSU NOON
Auburn at #1 Bama 3:30pm
South Carolina at #2 Clemson 7pm
#3 Notre Dame at USC 8pm

11/19/2018 06:08 AM

Central Floridave

W-lizard. LMAO all you want. You must not watch football and other teams. Glad the poll voters are finally paying attention. Like I said previously,
UCF is the best team and story in the nation right now. So sorry it offends your perception you have to make you LMAO. That is ok though. I get it.

I've been here to help you guys come around. You will eventually. Keep throwing darts though. It helps the cause and the realization that UCF plays pretty good football!

Go look at the TV ratings for College gameday and the 8pm saturday game. Broke records. UCF the sleeping giant has awoken!
 11/19/2018 06:55 AM

Captain Obvious

Joined Forum: 09/19/2005

Best story in the nation for sure. It's such a cool story and hopefully leads to a reason to expand the playoffs. Honestly, I think Bama would smoke them, but unless they get a shot, it's guess work.

USF is going to whoop that ass for about 8 minutes on Friday. That seems to be the length of time they can put something together this year. 100 to 1 that it's the right 8 minutes and it's enough. I still buy a lotto ticket now and then, so I'll tune in.

-------------------------
A horse walks in to a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"
 11/19/2018 06:56 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Fantastic game and on a national stage. You have to wonder if ESPN expected UCF to lose and that's why they scheduled Game Day there, kind of an EffU for Kirk Herbstreit that backfired!

I was in a golf tourney or I'd have gone to the Game Day show, just to watch the fiasco.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 11/19/2018 at 06:57 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 11/19/2018 07:43 AM

Central Floridave

Game day was great. Enjoyed it. Fun production and when corso came out dressed as Knightro was amazing.
 11/19/2018 10:00 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: Central Floridave W-lizard. LMAO all you want. You must not watch football and other teams. Glad the poll voters are finally paying attention. Like I said previously, UCF is the best team and story in the nation right now. So sorry it offends your perception you have to make you LMAO. That is ok though. I get it. I've been here to help you guys come around. You will eventually. Keep throwing darts though. It helps the cause and the realization that UCF plays pretty good football! Go look at the TV ratings for College gameday and the 8pm saturday game. Broke records. UCF the sleeping giant has awoken!
I watch ALOT of football. I give props to UCF and I am not hating what so ever. UCF is not the best team in the nation by a longshot. Best story line with the win streak YES. Cinci isn't jack squat look at their 9-1 record.. its just as petty as UCF's schedule.. Bama, Michigan, Georgia, shoot even NtreDame would wax the floors with UCF.. A win over a shitty Auburn team from last year = NOTHING IMO
 11/19/2018 12:27 PM

Central Floridave

" would wax the floors with UCF." *YAWN*... Stop me if I heard that one before...

Line them up and let them settle it on the field.

Otherwise it is just speculation and very biased opinions. Who would think Maryland would give a 'top ten' team in Ohio State a game and lose it in overtime? If you watch "A Lot" of football you would know and recognize that UCF can compete with anyone.

It seems the poll voters are coming around also. Probably going to take the winning streak into 2019 for us to get consideration for the Bama Playoff Invitational. If UCF schedule is so petty and there are other teams with similar petty schedules WHY THEN AREN'T THERE MORE UNDEFEATED TEAMS...

Winning is difficult in any conference. Get everyone's top A games. Just like the Yuckeyes got maryland's best game.

UCF will just keep winning. Keep throwing shit us. It ain't sticking... LOL.

WooHoo Winning is fun and UCF just hosted a successful ESPN College Game Day with many accolades and great exposure. Then go kick the shit out of a top 25 team. Sorry you disagree, but poll voters did.

with that said, throwing salt over my shoulder, double anti-hex, dear football gawds...Please Allow UCF to go Undefeated again and challenge the status quo...Its fun! Glad to have all you guys up on the ropes and feeling challenged that
a 'little ole school' like UCF is winning and potentially the best team in the Nation. We will see, plenty of football left to play.

oh, and good luck canes with Pitt. They are part of UCF's petty schedule.

UCF 45 Pitt 14 (game was over at half time), 2nd/3rd string played 2nd half. Pitt scores TD in garbage time.

---> PITT at Miami Saturday 3:30pm. <---

good luck with that petty team in Pitt.

Edited: 11/19/2018 at 12:30 PM by Central Floridave
 11/19/2018 04:45 PM

Central Floridave

Mr College Football Lee Corso

11/20/2018 11:12 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

'Bama might "wax the floor" with UCF, heck they might beat the Dolphins on a good day, but the others, never, especially Notre Dame.
 11/20/2018 02:41 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

have all you guys up on the ropes and feeling challenged

LOL .... please
and, see above

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 11/20/2018 at 02:41 PM by LBLarry
 11/20/2018 03:50 PM

Central Floridave

Les Miles to Kansas. Can he turn that program around? Has Kansas ever been good? Can't remember.

Edited: 11/20/2018 at 03:52 PM by Central Floridave
 11/20/2018 04:20 PM

Central Floridave

UCF slids into the top ten at #9 in CFP rankings. Proud of my UCF knights! Keep winning! woot!
 11/20/2018 04:57 PM

Central Floridave

College Football Playoff Rankings
1. Alabama (11-0)
2. Clemson (11-0)
3. Notre Dame (11-0)
4. Michigan (10-1)
5. Georgia (10-1)
6. Oklahoma (10-1)
7. LSU (9-2)
8. Washington State (10-1)
9. UCF (10-0)
10. Ohio State (10-1)
11. Florida (8-3)
12. Penn State (8-3)
13. West Virginia (8-2)
14. Texas (8-3)
15. Kentucky (8-3)
16. Washington (8-3)
17. Utah (8-3)
18. Mississippi State (7-4)
19. Northwestern (7-4)
20. Syracuse (8-3)
21. Utah State (10-1)
22. Texas A&M (7-4)
23. Boise State (9-2)
24. Pitt (7-4)
25. Iowa State (6-4)

11/23/2018 04:50 AM

Central Floridave

DEAR FOOTBALL GAWDS, keep the rat poison away and allow UCF to remain Undefeated...

AP ticker:

No. 8 UCF has goals beyond beating archrival South Florida

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- No. 8 UCF isn't content with having the nation's longest winning streak. The Knights want more. A lot more.

The defending American Athletic Conference champions can complete a second consecutive undefeated regular season by beating intrastate rival South Florida on Friday.

Next on their list of goals is winning the AAC championship game - which they'll host on Dec. 1 - to remain in the conversation about which teams are deserving of berths in the College Football Playoff.

''From where this program's come, it's just getting started,'' quarterback McKenzie Milton said. ''I think we're just scratching the surface and UCF is going to be good for a very, very long time.''

First-year coach Josh Heupel, who inherited a team that went 13-0 but was left out of the CFP last season, agrees.

''This is the most unique story in college football in my opinion because it's continuing to build what it's going to be,'' Heupel said. ''Blue-blood programs were built in the 30s, 40s and 50s. We're right in the midst of what's going on here.''

And the rest of the country is taking notice, especially after last week's 38-13 rout of Cincinnati in a prime-time matchup capping a day in which ESPN's ''College GameDay'' broadcast from Orlando for the first time.

''Waking up in the morning ... turning the TV on and seeing it's in Orlando on UCF's campus on Memory Mall, that was unreal ... a childhood dream to me,'' senior defensive lineman Joey Connors said.

The Knights (10-0, 7-0) climbed three spots in the AP Poll this week and will face the winner of Friday's game between Houston and Memphis in the AAC title game. South Florida (7-4, 3-4) has lost four straight following a 7-0 start that propelled the Bulls into the Top 25.

''Central Florida's playing with a lot of confidence, something we don't have right now,'' South Florida coach Charlie Strong said.

''When you start winning, when you start playing with confidence, you feel like no one's going to beat you,'' Strong added. ''That's what they have going on right now.''

Some other things to know about the Knights and Bulls:

I-4 RIVALRY

The schools are situated about 90 minutes apart, with Interstate 4 connecting Orlando and Tampa.

The series, which USF leads 6-3, has been dubbed the ''War on I-4.'' Since 2016, the winner has been presented with a traveling trophy that's 4-foot, 3 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds.

MEMORABLE GAME

UCF won a 49-42 thriller a year ago in Orlando. USF's Quinton Flowers had 605 yards total offense and the Bulls rallied to tie the score 42-all on the quarterback's 83-yard scoring pass to Darnell Solomon and a two-point conversion with 1:41 remaining.

The Knights went ahead for good when Mike Hughes returned the ensuing kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown.

''You had two teams evenly matched, and it came down to a kickoff return,'' Strong said. ''If we would have covered it better, who knows what might have happened.''

POTENT OFFENSE

Milton, eighth in Heisman Trophy balloting a year ago, has thrown for 2,577 yards and 24 touchdowns. UCF is sixth in the nation in total offense (528.9 yards per game) and scoring (43.6) and has scored at least 30 points in 23 consecutive games. That's the second-longest streak since 1936. South Florida did it 24 straight times from 2015-17.

USF has allowed 57, 41,35 and 27 in losses to Houston, Tulane, Cincinnati and Temple during its longest skid since 2013.

''It's a lot of home run balls for them,'' Strong said. ''We can't allow them to take the ball and pitch it over our heads for 60, 70-yard plays. If anything, you've got to make them drive the ball and you've got to be great in the red zone.''
 11/23/2018 05:31 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Milton hurt.

I hope he can recover fully.

Still no report on the extent of his leg injury other than it is "severe".

UCF 38 So. Florida 10
 11/24/2018 04:23 AM

Central Floridave

B.U.M.M.E.R. on McKenzie Milton. My heart dropped. That leg didn't look good.
 11/24/2018 04:42 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Damn shame .... your heart goes out to him.

Edit ..... just saw a report that he had to have emergency surgery because of lack of blood flow into his lower leg. That sounds Teddy Bridgewater bad.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 11/24/2018 at 04:47 AM by LBLarry
 11/24/2018 05:37 AM

Central Floridave

11/24/2018 05:41 AM

Central Floridave

The Darriel Mack Jr. Era has begun. He is really good. So sad for Milton.

Edited: 11/24/2018 at 06:37 AM by Central Floridave
FORUMS : NPNR : 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football

<< 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .