Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fitbit tracker
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/22/2017 05:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/22/2017 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Snagged a nice Fitbit Blaze Gunmetal Special Edition (neighbor is a national sales manager for them and "demo'd" me). Mrs. Dingpatch got a Charge 2!

Pretty darn nice, it is "splash proof", just wish it was water proof.

Has lots of features that I was not aware of them having, The sleep tracking is very interesting. Everything I think I need on my wrist. An Apple Watch is way too expensive for me, and I really DO NOT need, or would ever use, some of its "features" (I am never glued to my phone).

I downloaded the App to my iPhone 6S and everything went as smooth as silk.

So far, pretty sweet. My neighbor says that there are going to be some killer deals on sale. Of course, he's styling around with their new Ionic model.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 11/22/2017 07:01 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

I got one to help me lose 15 lbs. I only have 20 lbs to go!
 11/23/2017 07:01 AM

dingpatch

Go, HAP, GO! LOL

The one surprising thing is the range of its Bluetooth; being that I was somewhat skeptical about it. The other day I left my iPhone in the car and went into Wally World. Coming out, I was about 10 cars away from my car and the Fitbit was telling me that I was getting a call from Mrs. Dingpatch.

Dora Hates You
 11/23/2017 07:40 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

get steppin'

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/23/2017 09:38 AM

RobdaSlob

I have had one for a couple years.  The app is pretty good.  Challenging my family has been fun.  But it turns out my retired father has nothing to do all day but exercise (we call it chasing the silver fox), my kids walk all over campus because their cheap father won't by them a car (so the story goes), and poor old dad is strapped to a desk all week long.

The app includes some calorie counting tools that if one has the discipline to follow gives you a good picture of energy in versus energy out.  I have been known to do a quick walk around the neighborhood in order to snag another cookie.

Even a blind hog finds an occasional acorn
 11/24/2017 05:53 AM

dingpatch

Ya, my opportunity of having an over-all view of all the available data is pretty cool, but all I'm really interested in is steps and heart rate. Although the sleep tracking can be very interesting.

It is nice having the Fitbit let you know that you have a call or message on your phone, but like I said before, I'm not "tied" to my phone.

Music? Well, no. I do have about 1500 songs on my phone but I only listen to it while driving. I plug the iPhone into the USB and let CarPlay do its thing. And, at that, it is just about the only time and/or place that I charge my phone.

Dora Hates You
 05/31/2018 06:49 PM

dingpatch

Just got an Iconic. Very nice.

Dora Hates You
 05/31/2018 07:36 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I've found the Apple Series-3 watch (with built-in cellular) to be overrated, but I got it because it supports the Kardia Band which can take EKG's and detect atrial fibrillation.

Still interested in a fitbit or something with good sleep tracking.

Does yours identify the different phases of sleep? Track your position while you sleep? Detect blood oxygen levels or sleep apnea?

FORUMS : NPNR : Fitbit tracker

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .