Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any good local Dyno shops?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/20/2017 05:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/20/2017 05:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Anyone have any recommendations for a good, professional dyno shop in the local area? 

A friend has used Trickpro motorsports and I think they charged him about a buck fifty for 3-5 pulls (they pulled until the engine got heat soaked).  He said they use a Superflow dyno and gave him several different readouts to compensate for DA and such.  

Want to get a baseline before messing with the engine.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/20/2017 05:45 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

I had a heavily modified FRS a little while ago. Seems like all the shops I found were in O-ville.
 11/20/2017 08:39 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I think there is/was one on Tomahawk in IHB. There was one on Hibiscus in Melbourne a long time ago, and I think there's at least one off Ellis Road in Melbourne. I've forgotten all the names, but I'll look and ask around.

If you're building an engine that will pull a foil through a wave pool, I'll look a little harder!
 11/21/2017 03:35 AM

Bamboo

Ha! Like the way you think, but no...looking for a good chassis dyno shop. Would rather stay local, but it is looking like the better choices are in O-town.

No intentions to harm any wave pools, this time. 

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/21/2017 06:45 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: RegularJoe I think there is/was one on Tomahawk in IHB. There was one on Hibiscus in Melbourne a long time ago, and I think there's at least one off Ellis Road in Melbourne. I've forgotten all the names, but I'll look and ask around.
Yeah, Beachside Auto Repair has (or at least had) one. I used it a few years ago before tuning my car. Trickpro WAS over there on Ellis, but they moved their shop to out to Martin Rd near Babcock in Palm Bay.
 11/21/2017 09:44 AM

Bamboo

Dave, did you ever use TrickPro?  If so what did you think of their service?

11/21/2017 11:02 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I used to have Trickpro mount tires for me shipped from Tire Rack. I think the guy is TJ, he was an enthusiast and I was very happy with his work.

He's the first tire guy I ever recall using anti-seize on the lug nuts and noting the torque he tightened them to. He seemed to take things seriously.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/21/2017 05:45 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: Bamboo Dave, did you ever use TrickPro?  If so what did you think of their service?

I went as part of a Porsche Club of America event where a bunch of folks got their cars dynoed, so I didn't have a "normal" customer experience there. But they definitely seemed to know what they were doing. They read my graph and noticed a flat spot where there shouldn't be one. Sure enough, I needed a new Mass Airflow Sensor. I wouldn't have known a few horses were hiding without the dyno.
 11/22/2017 11:12 AM

Bamboo

Dave, Thanks.  I heard they do dyno-days for clubs or groups. 

I don't mind paying, and actually I want to use a shop that is local as if I do some modifications I want to re-dyno on the same machine.    I could do the drive to O-town, but would rather not. 

I keep looking at the Whipple's.... 

11/22/2017 11:32 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

The one on Hibiscus is now GT auto repair, and I don't see a dyno on their list of services. Thinking back, I don't think they ever did.

A Corvette forum turned up http://www.hartlineperformance.com/contact.html, but it looks more like a parts place. You could call and ask about dyno.

Rank Performance, just off Ellis Rd in Melb, lists a machine shop and dyno on their page: https://rankhighperformance.com/
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .