Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Next Years health insurance premiums gone up?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/05/2017 10:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/05/2017 10:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

I'm not into politics, religion, or even the news in general. Next years premiums are said to be at least $100 higher. I'll probably be going uninsured or changing plans next year. (I'm not really looking for some political spewings here, just a bit of general info.)

Are there any good insurance plans out there? What is the reason for the price hike?

11/05/2017 02:31 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Lucky I am covered at work. The reason for the price hikes is because the billionaire CEO's of the insurance and drug industries think they need more money.

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 11/05/2017 03:42 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Probably should move this topic to NSR, because it is going to get political. The other reason is because T-rump announced that the Feds will no longer reimburse low-income patients' copays and deductibles to the providers, which will, therefore, be amortized across all plans.
 11/06/2017 08:43 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Sector9surf I'm not into politics, religion, or even the news in general. 

Grand opening!!

What is the reason for the price hike?

grand closing. AND you just answered your own question!!!

11/06/2017 09:31 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

The answer is orange.

When America was "great"
 11/07/2017 05:46 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My plan at work stayed exactly the same.

Didn't Trump do an executive order that says the tax penalty is unenforceable?

I was right.
 11/07/2017 06:53 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Working people with lower incomes and losing their subsidies are seeing some pretty extreme rate hikes.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/08/2017 09:40 AM

Greensleeves

How about in Maine!?! The PEOPLE voted to expand Medicaid coverage.  Thinking things like that help the costs overall...

11/09/2017 04:41 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, the Governor of Maine will not expand Medicaid coverage; it would be ruinous to the state's budget.

Dora Hates You
 11/09/2017 07:37 AM

Greensleeves

Like here.  For the People!  Well the people that are already OK.  Not for the ones that need it.

11/09/2017 09:16 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: Sector9surf

I'm not into politics, religion, or even the news in general. Next years premiums are said to be at least $100 higher. I'll probably be going uninsured or changing plans next year. (I'm not really looking for some political spewings here, just a bit of general info.)

Are there any good insurance plans out there? What is the reason for the price hike?

Perhaps get a full time job, most offer insurance

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 11/09/2017 10:36 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Mine didn't go up much, but if you consider the portion my employer pays, the family coverage I have under BC/BS PPO costs 24,000/year, plus 1,500 individual in network deductible. I forget what the family deductible is.

I was just in Australia and visited a couple hospitals for work, and I can tell you that they are able to offer state of the art care for all Australians at a 2% tax levy.

They also have access to lots of OTC generic drugs at steep discounts compared to USA. One is albuterol, I picked some up for my son from the local chemist; it's 500% more expensive in the US and requires a prescription.

We're getting screwed in the USA, but we still operate on the collective delusion that our healthcare is the "best in the world".

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/10/2017 04:32 AM

scostuart

Joined Forum: 12/28/2007

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Mine didn't go up much, but if you consider the portion my employer pays, the family coverage I have under BC/BS PPO costs 24,000/year, plus 1,500 individual in network deductible. I forget what the family deductible is. I was just in Australia and visited a couple hospitals for work, and I can tell you that they are able to offer state of the art care for all Australians at a 2% tax levy. They also have access to lots of OTC generic drugs at steep discounts compared to USA. One is albuterol, I picked some up for my son from the local chemist; it's 500% more expensive in the US and requires a prescription. We're getting screwed in the USA, but we still operate on the collective delusion that our healthcare is the "best in the world".

The USA does have some of the best "healthcare" on the planet......you are referring to health insurance.

Two compleletly different topics.

Waiting for waves is ok......most people spend their lives waiting for nothing.

11/10/2017 05:12 AM

scostuart

Originally posted by: Cole My plan at work stayed exactly the same. Didn't Trump do an executive order that says the tax penalty is unenforceable?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/trump-preps-executive-order-that-could-gut-obamacare-mandate.html

11/10/2017 09:35 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: stokedpanda  Perhaps get a full time job, most offer insurance

Try being single and self employed and making "middle class" income....

I hope proctology is covered well because I'm getting fuct by these new "policy" premiums....  not even really worth me having insurance, outside of the possibility of a tragic illness or getting runover by a bus 

11/10/2017 10:45 AM

scostuart

Originally posted by: Plan B
Originally posted by: stokedpanda  Perhaps get a full time job, most offer insurance

Try being single and self employed and making "middle class" income....

I hope proctology is covered well because I'm getting fuct by these new "policy" premiums....  not even really worth me having insurance, outside of the possibility of a tragic illness or getting runover by a bus 

Yup....would have been cheaper for my family and I to just have paid the Obamacare tax/penalty for this current year vs what we forked out in premiums and then what BCBS DIDN'T COVER.

11/10/2017 10:54 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

yep, I can imagine.  I'm only paying for a healthy 42 yr old male....

Last year my rate went up over $50 / mo and my deductible doubled to 7G!

I got a notice that it was increasing even more with an even higher deductible.... I was too mad to even read the details

I tried to get on board with the Obamacare thing as I supported the general idea,.  The first year, it was comparable to what my private policy was but since then it's been a mess, as it has gotten worse each year (at least in FL).  Great for people who are broke, but basically screwed everyone else.

11/11/2017 12:59 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

'Best' health care my ass!

We are the ONLY industrialized nation that do not have 'single payer' and will never be able to compete globally..

Capitalism and medicine don't make a good mix.. It's called extortion and racketeering in other circles..

The statistics do not lie..  Our Expected lifespan, infant mortality etc etc put us in between Cuba and Costa Rica (#37 last time I saw) - how about them apples! Look up the WHO stats!

Who dat you say? Must be a lib organization with a hidden 'agenda' to push..

FYI - Canada, UK etc don't make near the top 10.. Not any 'model' to strive for..

The medical community hides these facts from the public..

Our 'emergency' care - with all their miracle saving operations etc - is 'great' - right? Just getting you prepped for a lifetime of being hooked on legal prescribed opioids to keep big pharma happy - then switching to heroin etc when they cut you off...

Hmm... Sounds like a great game plan?

We pay more than twice per capita than anywhere else in the world

i have a hunch that CR and Cuba pay way way way less than we do per capita..

Cuba exports doctors etc - we import them from anywhere and everywhere - and pay top dollar..

whos the real fools here?

I have been paying for my own (and family) heatth insurance  for 23 years - 

now it's just 'me' till I get Medicare in 3 years

My silver ACA plan went up from $680 to $1090 month.. Can get a equivalent very high deductible non ACA plan for $900.. Or very high deductible Bronze ACA for $770.. Choices choices - go for the bronze..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 11/11/2017 02:41 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

There's always the VA.
I hear that the Vierra VA hospital provides excellent care.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/11/2017 09:09 PM

zoomino

Joined Forum: 08/19/2011

It’s funny how no one bitches about the in premiums they pay for car, renters or home insurance.  We insure the shit we buy but no one complains about it.  Anyone ever ask your insurance company for a refund when you didn’t file a claim.  God forbid you have cancer or something else comes up NO insurance and you can’t afford care everyone else has to pickup the tab?  Seriously? You value property more than you?  Car and home insurance required but healthcare is required?  Take accountability for yourself and it’s wrong?  Grow up and be an adult for once!  Why do I need need to suffer for your choices?

minh

Edited: 11/11/2017 at 09:16 PM by zoomino
FORUMS : NPNR : Next Years health insurance premiums gone up?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .