Hang 10... or as they now say...hit the lip!

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: UCF football 4-0
Topic Summary: Should move up in rankings. Was #25
Created On: 10/08/2017 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2017 07:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

theglide

UCF wins again.

I'm very impressed by QB Milton and RB Killins.
 11/12/2017 08:17 AM

Central Floridave

9-0 undefeated...

@Temple next saturday. They beat Navy, then Cinci the past two games and look improved. Weather may suck for that game.
USF black friday. Game is sold out.
Then, if we beat USF championship game against Memphis. Get tix. At UCF. Saturday Dec 2nd.

Watch the college football playoff committee drop us out of the top 25 for only scoring 49 points against UCONN. LOL

11/12/2017 10:25 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

waterlizard25

UCF should be placed in the top ten.   My Canes keep on rolling!

-------------------------

.The ocean is my wife.

11/12/2017 05:37 PM

Central Floridave

11/12/2017 05:47 PM

Burry

Canes moved to # 2 !!!

SSOCIATED PRESS TOP 25
1. Alabama
2. Miami (Fla.)
3. Oklahoma
4. Clemson
5. Wisconsin
6. Auburn
7. Georgia
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Oklahoma State
11. TCU
12. Southern California
13. Penn State
14. UCF
15. Washington State
16. Washington
17. Mississippi State
18. Memphis
19. Michigan
20. Stanford
21. LSU
22. Michigan State
23. South Florida
24. West Virginia
25. NC State
Complete details
11/12/2017

COACHES POLL
1. Alabama
2. Miami (Fla.)
3. Clemson
4. Wisconsin
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Georgia
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Southern California
11. Penn State
12. UCF
13. Oklahoma State
14. TCU
15. Washington
16. Washington State
17. Memphis
18. Michigan
19. Mississippi State
20. South Florida
21. LSU
22. NC State
23. Stanford
24. Michigan State

. " I like Ike!"

Dark Matter is hard to sea...

If you don't go looking for it - you will never find it.

http://beatbrian.com/burrysbreak/
 11/13/2017 06:42 AM

Central Floridave

I heard bama almost lost, so maybe they are beatable!
 11/13/2017 07:15 AM

waterlizard25

Miss St is good. Bama can be beat.

.The ocean is my wife.

11/13/2017 01:42 PM

johnnyboy

Bama squeeked by. Their QB was the difference maker. He ran it when Miss State shut down the pass and kept them in and even got them past it. Not at all play calling, sheer athleticism.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/14/2017 11:24 AM

waterlizard25

Yup.  Eventually the Xs and Os have ran out of schemes and it comes down to the Jonnys AND THE Joes to WIN the game. Hurts did that for Bama while Saban just prayed.

.The ocean is my wife.

11/14/2017 07:42 PM

Central Floridave

UCF moves ups to #15 in College Playoff Poll
 11/17/2017 09:30 AM

Central Floridave

btw, USF barely beat a 2-5 Tulsa team last night. I watched it and they are a miserable team to watch... Black Friday gonna be ugly for them bools...

The biggest game in USF football history.

It's seven days and 90 miles away. USF at UCF. Next Friday at UCF's ON-CAMPUS stadium. The 9-1 Bulls against the perfect Knights, provided the perfect Knights stay perfect Saturday at Temple. It's the matchup within the matchup: USF coach Charlie Strong against UCF/Florida/Nebraska coach Scott Frost.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/...in-usf-history-period/
 11/17/2017 09:49 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

USF barely beat a 2-5 Tulsa team last night. I watched it and they are a miserable team to watch... Black Friday gonna be ugly for them bools...

Now that I'll officially be a student at UCF next spring, I'm going to leave my jersey options open for that game, but I have a feeling it will be the new one.

People...not a big fan.
 11/17/2017 06:10 PM

LBLarry

I have watched part of 3 or 4 Bulls games and have not been impressed the the team yet .... Quinton Flowers is an athlete and can make some plays. But as a team they are not even close to a top team.

I will be surprised if your knights do not hammer them Bulls

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/18/2017 06:05 AM

Central Floridave

I agree. USF has been playing really bad. I wonder if it is due to Willie Taggart leaving and Charlie Strong sucking as a coach. Quinton Flowers is great athlete, but he can't do it all. Too many penalties, dropped passes, holes in the defense. Although their front dee lineman are pretty good. Its a rivalry game so anything can happen, but Spectrum Stadium is sold out and there is going to be a very raucous crowd there. 3:30 Black Friday kick off.

Meanwhile, we gotta beat an improved Temple team up in Philly in 4 hours. They won the conference last year and need a win for a bowl game eligibility. UCF favored by two TDs. but that don't mean squat. Temple defense is pretty good. We will see.

Kickoff NOON on ESPNU. Go Knights! Go to 10-0.
 11/18/2017 03:58 PM

Central Floridave

UCF 10-0 ...

11/19/2017 06:40 AM

Captain Obvious

Congrats on a really good season! 10-1 is something to be really proud of Dave.

A horse walks in to a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"
 11/19/2017 09:07 AM

johnnyboy

Well, I don't know if this is what you were going for but thanks captain obvious.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/19/2017 09:46 AM

Central Floridave

LOL at 10-1. obvious bull fan is obvious

No. 14 UCF rolls Temple 45-19, heads to War on I-4 unbeaten

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- There were so many reasons for UCF coach Scott Frost to worry about his team's focus this week.

With a huge game looming, playing an improving Temple team in a stadium where the empty seats outnumbered the filled ones by about a 3-1 ratio on a chilly, gray day had all the makings of a tricky spot for the Knights.

Then Frost saw his wide receivers and defensive backs warming up at Lincoln Financial Field with their shirts off in the 40-degree temperatures.

"I knew right then our team's mindset was in the right place," Frost said.

McKenzie Milton threw four touchdown passes and ran for a score as No. 14 Central Florida comfortably took care of business against Temple, winning 45-19 Saturday to stay unbeaten heading into a division title showdown with rival USF.

The Knights (10-0, 7-0 American Athletic conference, CFP No. 15) turned three Temple turnovers inside the Owls' 25 into 17 first-half points, taking a 31-10 lead when Gabriel Davis stretched across the goal line for a 5-yard touchdown reception with 2:36 left in the second quarter.

Tre'Quan Smith, who had a remarkable one-handed catch, tippy-toeing the sideline to set up a touchdown in the first half, said the coaches were stressing all week that they had to play without long sleeves. So the receivers took it a step further.

"All right we got something for them if we come out in no shirts. Show them we're ready to play," Smith said. "We show them we can play in the cold, too, even though we Florida boys."

The AAC East Division will be decided in Orlando, Florida, on Black Friday, when No. 23 South Florida (9-1, 6-1) visits UCF. Temple (5-6, 3-4) could have been easy to overlook for the Knights. The game had no bearing on whether they play for a conference title and a loss probably wouldn't have damaged their chances to receive a bid to a New Year's Six bowl.

With speculation swirling about where second-year coach Frost might be coaching next and so much chatter about whether UCF is getting enough love in the rankings, the Knights stayed on task.

"I was a little worried about this game, being the game before the game," Frost said. "Being in the cold, being our ninth straight week playing a football game. A lot of factors pointed toward this one potentially being a tough one and our guys responded."

Shaquem Griffin, the 2016 AAC defensive player of the year whose left hand was amputated when he was 4, was all over the field for the UCF defense. He forced a fumble in the first half that set up a score and made his second career interception in the second half, running step-for-step down field with a receiver and cradling the ball into his chest.

"When you got big games and you got games coming up, it's very hard to focus on just one, but I think that we've been doing a really good job of just focusing on one game at a time. And you kind of see where it led us," Griffin said.

Frank Nutile, who helped revive Temple's offense when he took over at quarterback four games ago, was picked off four times. Nutile said he apologized to his teammates for a poor game.

"At the end of the day our goal is to send the seniors off the right way. Finish off 6-6. Get bowl eligible and stuff like that. It's still right," Nutile said.

THE TAKEAWAY

UCF: The Knights have so many ways to attack. Six different players scored touchdowns, including freshman Otis Anderson, who is listed on the depth chart as a wide receiver but also is one of the team's leading rushers. He had 62 yards on five carries against Temple and caught a touchdown pass.

Temple: The Owls tried to slow the pace against the Knights, but turnovers killed that plan. Temple is not built to get into a back-and-forth game with the highest scoring team in the country.

WOOING FROST

There were Nebraska fans in the stand, sitting right next to the UCF tunnel that led to the field, with signs that read, "Scott Come Back Home." Not to be outdone, another group of fans Tennessee fans had signs that read, "We Found Our Coach" and "There's Frost In Our Forecast."

UP NEXT

UCF: The War on Interstate 4 has never been bigger. "Can't wait," UCF linebacker Pat Jasinski said. "Can't wait."

Temple: The Owls try again to reach bowl eligibility, this time at Tulsa.

Link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/no-14-...-203749034--ncaaf.html
 11/20/2017 07:05 AM

Captain Obvious

Just checked and the spread is showing UCF -11.5! I think the hype machine and bandwagon train is blinding some national folks. USF's only loss came after a 4th down and 24 was converted on a hail Mary with inside a minute to play.

Here's a fun fact: in the last 8 meetings of these two - the only stats UCF leads USF in is pass attempts and turnovers.

Home field advantage is a real thing for you guys tho. Everyone else hates Euro club music and you kids jump up and lose your minds for it. This one should be lotsa fun!

A horse walks in to a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"
 11/20/2017 09:22 AM

Central Floridave

Having watched both teams all year USF doesn't stand a chance unless they clean up their poor play and have a complete game. UCF is not making that many mistakes and are firing on all cylinders.

I'm also not impressed with Charlie Strong's play calling. He seemed to have more of a conservative approach than Willie Taggart. That ain't gonna cut it for this game.

I really don't see duh bools having much of a chance. But, who knows. Here is hoping for a good game...in the first half. I think it will be over by half. Every UCF game so far except Navy has been.

Zombie Nation is played after every TD. So you may not want to go if you don't like euro trash disco. It will be played about 7 times. UCF averaging 48 points a game.

2nd Light Forums » NPNR » UCF football 4-0

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
137670 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 15 users logged in.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Hello to Matt B