Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: UCF football 4-0
Topic Summary: Should move up in rankings. Was #25
Created On: 10/08/2017 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/29/2017 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

UCF to 7-0. USF loses to Houston.

#14 in Coach Poll. Woot! Go Knights~

http://sportspolls.usatoday.co.../coaches-poll/2017/10/
 10/29/2017 04:31 PM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Has anyone given frost the directions to Gainesville yet?

-------------------------
I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 10/29/2017 04:34 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Crazy football...Randy Shannon as Head coach of the Crocs......

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/30/2017 06:10 AM

Central Floridave

SMU is looking like it could be a challenge. Great offense, but no defense. Probably a high scoring affair.

remaining schedule

Nov 4 @ SMU
Nov 11 UCONN
Nov 18 @ Temple
Nov 24 USF

Dec 2 American conference championship. Held at team with best conference record. So possibly @UCF.

Go Knights!

Bummer about McElwain. It is kinda odd Randy Shannon is now the coach.

10/30/2017 09:32 AM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

Really enjoy your updates. Thanks!

10/31/2017 11:01 AM

johnnyboy

He doesn't need to know the directions to Gainesville, Gainesville will be coming to him, and hopefully before LSU and Tennessee.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/31/2017 11:36 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

He doesn't need to know the directions to Gainesville, Gainesville will be coming to him, and hopefully before LSU and Tennessee.

I will be VERY surprised if UF does not choose someone more "seasoned" and pass on Frost .... and that could very well turn out to be their loss.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/31/2017 12:39 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I would not put Frost on UF's list of candidates. He's obviously a great talent, but, he will leave for Nebraska when that opening comes up. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." I never faulted Urban Meyer for doing that, but, I do fault him for the way he did it - take a year off (while taking his paycheck), come back for a year (where he really did nothing in the way of coaching or recruiting, while still taking his paycheck), claiming he was leaving due to health and to spend more time with his family, immediately take a job with ESPN (where he is on the road) and then take the OSU job as soon as it opened. Typical. He is a scoundrel who left UF in shambles.
 10/31/2017 01:20 PM

Central Floridave

Coach Scott Frost is a great coach. He is gonna be worth a lot of money if not already. Currently getting paid 2 million at UCF. Has a baby due this week from his recent wife. I don't see him leaving UCF until after next year. UCF is going to be even better next year.

If I were to guess Nebraska is probably where he ends up. Enjoying him while he is at UCF though! Go Knights!

10/31/2017 06:11 PM

Central Floridave

#18 in first college playoff poll....Bleh...Are they not watching?
 11/02/2017 07:03 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Coach Scott Frost is a great coach. He is gonna be worth a lot of money if not already. Currently getting paid 2 million at UCF. Has a baby due this week from his recent wife. I don't see him leaving UCF until after next year. UCF is going to be even better next year.

If I were to guess Nebraska is probably where he ends up. Enjoying him while he is at UCF though! Go Knights!

Unless the Huskers come knocking on his door.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/02/2017 10:51 AM

Central Floridave

Well, first Nebraska has to fire the current coach and afford his buy out (6.6 million), then afford Scott Frost 3 million dollar buy out. I'm sure they have the money and if it happens it happens. But, I don't think it will and Scott Frost is coaching at UCF in 2018. (knock on wood)

Gators are another beast along with Tennessee who have even deeper pockets. it will be interesting.

In the meantime, don't lose to SMU (14 point underdogs) who is pretty good this year and also has a desirable coach, Chad Morris.

11/05/2017 05:41 AM

Central Floridave

8-0....SMU was really good. Game went to the bitter end with high drama...

11/05/2017 07:44 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Great win for UCF! My Hurricanes keep on winning ))))))) Notre Dame next with College Gameday live in Miami. Yeeeeewwwwww!

11/05/2017 09:57 AM

Central Floridave

Good win for Miami. Awesome about gameday. If I was a fan I'd be there. Gameday is best show on TV. Well, next to the NFL Redzone channel. But, close 2nd! Pulling for the Canes to knock of Notre Dame.
 11/06/2017 07:55 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

My CANES are gunna clobber those little Irish men

11/07/2017 05:32 PM

Central Floridave

#18 again in 2nd week of college football playoff poll. Didn't move up after beating respectable SMU.

The voters must not be watching....
 11/09/2017 12:46 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I guess the SMU victory wasn't impressive enough for them to move up in the polls.
 11/10/2017 07:15 AM

Central Floridave

If they would have watched the SMU game they would have seen that SMU has a NFL prototype Qb and 3 WR that will be in the NFL. They just about beat us, but a great team finds a way to win on the road. Our defense stepped up and made some key stops. Oh well, just keep winning. The best UCF can do is a New Year's eve bowl. Sad that college football is so exclusionary and a Cinderella team can't make the playoffs. It is what it is and I do understand that the American conference has a perception of inferiority. The BCS system wasn't even this bad. Now watch UCF drop a game. LOL. JUST KEEP WINNING. Maybe next year!

Mike Bianchi article:
Commentary: College Football Playoff cartel insults UCF with laughable No. 18 ranking
http://www.orlandosentinel.com...ianchi-1109-story.html
 11/10/2017 07:18 AM

Central Floridave

from article:

What's even more disrespectful is CFB Playoff Committee Chairman Kirby Hocutt taking us for a bunch of fools when he claims UCF's "strength of schedule" is the reason for their low ranking. Except UCF's strength of schedule is almost exactly the same as fellow unbeaten Wisconsin, which is ranked No. 8 in the poll.

UCF strength of schedule hinders move up in College Football Playoff rankings
That's right, UCF is the highest-scoring team in the nation and has essentially played the same schedule as Wisconsin - and beaten its opponents more decisively than Wisconsin - and yet UCF is ranked 10 spots below the Badgers.

Why? Power 5 politics and privilege, that's why. College football continues to run the most archaic, asinine, exclusionary system in all of sports. Because the Badgers were lucky enough to be around a century ago when the major conferences were formed, they will get to chance to play for a national championship if they go unbeaten whereas UCF won't.

FORUMS : NPNR : UCF football 4-0

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .