Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Football season kicking in gear!
Topic Summary: 2017 college and pro thoughts
Created On: 08/18/2017 04:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2017 04:06 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I couldn't watch the Buccs-Jags preseason game last night but heard the jags suck (typical) and bucs look great. Tampa making it to the playoffs this year? Bortles baby...please, get better. Or, Jags cut him to another team already....

Binge watching the HBO show Hard Knocks covering the Buccs this weekend to get caught up.

Going to UCF football fanfest this Saturday. Coach and player autograph sesh. Tour the stadium.

College: FSU vs Alabama first game of the season. Woot. Gators at Michigan first game. Woot-Woot. USF has to travel to San Jose State, California and actually play next Saturday (26th). UCF host FIU for first game Thursday night (31st). It will be interesting on what Kiffin/FAU, and ButchDavis/FIU do for those teams. Hurricanes are preseason ranked. Mark Richt, 2nd year. Watch out! These are exciting times for every college football team and their fans. Everyone has improved over the summer, everyone lifted weights and got bigger, faster, and stronger. All the new freshman recruits are turning heads. Gonna be an interesting year. Some teams will flame out others will surprise. Its all speculation at this point. College football starts next weekend. Main start of the season is labor day weekend though. FSU/Bama, wow, who drew up that first game matchup?

NFL: This time of year I'm always trying to purposely NOT watch preseason games. There is usually a lot of ugly football played. I just read the articles and fan's responses. Saves time. There are a lot of NFL games coming up and its a long season. Trying to do other stuff than watch TV. I haven't heard too much chatter on which team is the best right now. Patriots are boasting possible undefeated season. Bleh. Pulling for Jags/Buccs/Fins and which of the 3 Florida teams will emerge the best. Yes, I'm a bandwagoner. Sorry. On Sundays I'm usually spent watching football so just keep the NFL red zone channel on. I also very much like teams that have UCF players on them. It's a fault of mine. I usually end up hating that team after said UCF player is cut from the team in a shower of boos. Oh well. LOL.

Yeah for football season. Love this time of year. I know a lot of people frown on watching sports. But, I think football is the best reality TV you can watch.

08/19/2017 06:16 AM

Central Floridave

Just watched the first episode of HBO Hard Knocks covering Buccs training camp. It is a well done show. Good editing and interesting.
 08/19/2017 06:41 AM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Haven't watched that hard knocks but I started watching ballers on hbo. I'm also a Dwayne Johnson (if ya smeeeeeellll) fan. It's ok. I'd say worth a watch if you're in between shows.

Also, I'm at the edge of my seat here with the first week. Fsu and UFs first week are great openers! They're not make or break for the season but it'll really set the tone. Win would be great for momentum. But a loss for any of those four can still be ok if they win out. (See Ohio state case from previous year)

-------------------------
I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 08/19/2017 06:56 AM

LIV2SURFDT

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Getting close. Can be difficult to control the excitement. Always get fired up for the new season, but as a Packer fan I must learn from recent history not to get too worked-up. I figure if I lower my expectations/hope, it will be much more enjoyable. So Im looking forward to a fun regular season with the Pack scoring forty points a game, winning the NFC North, then Aaron Rodgers pulling some sort of miracle outa his cap for at least one playoff victory before the trademark 26th rated defense in the league gives up a fifity point defeat to the eventual winners of the NFC. Yup. Oh Go Noles!
 08/19/2017 09:28 AM

Central Floridave

The 2nd episode of Hard Knocks was better than the first. Great show. HBO on demand or Tuesday nights at 10pm. Great show with real up-in-your-grill coverage. Pulling for the Buccs this year. I like that I get to learn the players and the backstories of their lives. Definitely "hard knocks".
 08/19/2017 11:07 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

The U's season rests almost entirely on IF they find a QB on the current roster.

Agreeance on it will be interesting to see how FAU & FIU do this year (and in the next few years)

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 08/22/2017 04:52 PM

Central Floridave

Football in the state of Florida is crazier than ever
http://www.espn.com/college-fo...state-florida-football
 08/24/2017 11:51 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I'm not gonna watch the NFL at all this year unless the CK blacklist is lifted.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/25/2017 04:15 AM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

Yes, why has ESPN blacklisted the guy from their broadcast team?

08/25/2017 06:55 AM

Greensleeves

WG I'm hating the NFL too.   The backlash to Kap's protest showed me I don't identify with alot of the viewership.  I hate Goodell and I hate country music. 

It's such a cool game tho...

08/25/2017 08:18 AM

Central Floridave

boycott the boycott, how ironic.

I don't think the NFL Network's Red Zone channel shows national anthems so I'll miss all that.
 08/25/2017 08:21 AM

Central Floridave

This Saturday (as in tomorrow) Aug 26th college football games:

Oregon State at Colorado State CBSSN 2:30pm
Portland State at BYU ESPN 3pm
Hawaii at UMASS 6pm
#19 USF at San Jose State CBSSN 7pm
#14 Stanford at Rice ESPN 10pm
 08/26/2017 02:44 PM

Central Floridave

Colorado State currently upsetting Oregon State.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .